Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thunderstorm Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:10 AM
A little bit of unsettling weather possible. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:24 AM
~just South of KC got POUNDED this morning. We got nothing

~Legs are so freaking sore I can barely walk. I seriously don't understand why it's not getting better or easier

~Our local Unviersity XC team is doing a 3 race series of 5Ks on their (also OUR) XC course and we are gonna time them. A little cash and trading out our business name on one of the permanent mile markers on the course :cool:

~Made some seriously poor life decisions regarding scheduling this week hahaha. Short work week so I have 3 days only to prepare for my all day radio-a-thon tomorrow AND to prepare for 2 weeks vacation. Plus two track fundraisers Saturday and our XC camp starts Monday.

~I'm not strong anymore. Tried to knock out some pushups yesterday and couldn't do but a handfull.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:29 AM
When you work all of the time it’s hard to do any sort of training. I feel like I’m kind of in the same boat right now. Nothing like working 2-3 full time jobs, huh?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:31 AM
ya it's neat : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-31 6:55 AM
handful of pushups is better than none!

short week is screwing with me too and I don't even have a vacation to prep for. You'll get it done and then enjoy a nice break.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:27 AM Edited 2018-05-31 6:30 AM
--OK, this bluebird is driving us crazy. He somehow hangs on the window and pecks at the glass. This goes on all of the time. :roll:

--We sold all 33 large bales of the alfalfa mix to one guy. He called yesterday, was here in one hour to look at it, pulled some apart and smelled it and said he’d take it all and pick it up Friday. Gave us $650 to hold it until then. :cool: He’s a cattle buyer so he knows his stuff. Bringing in a semi and will pick it up in one load.

--We have 6 large rounds of the same alfalfa mix that I expect to sell today. I listed it last night and we already have one inquiry. People are getting nervous because it has been so hot early in the year and they’re afraid it’s going to get dry and hay prices will go way up or there won’t be any available.

--We have another 120 or so of small squares of the hay on a trailer to be delivered today. Iowa and the neighbor picked that up yesterday while spiritbear was driving the truck and trailer. While it wasn’t as interesting as the backhoe experience the other night it wasn’t without it’s challenges either. Heavy load, gooseneck trailer, hilly terrain and a manual transmission. I managed. Couldn’t make it up one hill and had to back down. That was fun.

--Got an email about my first day on the new job. In it we’re told that it will be a “working lunch” so bring something to eat. That’s my style. I’d rather skip lunch or grab a quick bite to eat on a break rather than wasted an hour out of my day for a lunch break.

--One of the ladies they hired just retired from 27 years of teaching school. She’s older than me. : pbbt::wink:

--My Amish outing went fine. It was warm but they had a fan so that kept things tolerable. Lydia gave me two homemade angel food cakes for coming out. :hug: She is so sweet. Her son is leaving next week for California to have a stem cell procedure done in hopes of improving his symptoms of MS. I hope he gets some positive results. He’s such an neat young man. Very intelligent. I really enjoy visiting with him.

--While I was there I think I may have gotten Iowa a custom hay cutting/baling job. :cool:

--Went ahead and ordered our house plans. Scary and exciting at the same time. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:31 AM
So cool on the house plans!

Let the stupid bird inside. Meadow will take care of it :wink:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 6:55 AM
Meadow is in no shape to deal with a bird. :sad: Sarge would probably run from it. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-31 6:57 AM
What kind of site do you list it on?

Working lunch but they're not providing it? That seems odd but then again I'm used to my place having food constantly. I almost always work through lunch and just eat at my desk, much better to get out earlier that way. My old job you couldn't leave early so I would take a break just to go walk or shop but I prefer to get out earlier.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 7:16 AM
I’ve just been listing on Craigslist. It has been very effective for the purpose of selling hay.

I don’t mind that they don’t provide lunch. I’d rather eat my own food anyway. :blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 7:33 AM
A guy will be here at 10 to pick up the 6 bales. This stuff is moving so quickly. :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-31 7:50 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-31 7:02 AM
Had a 1/2 day working from home yesterday bc B was home sick. Ended up taking him to the Dr. and it is a double ear infection. Fingers crossed he doesn't get sent home today

Have so much to do this week. Between short week, a bunch of "emergency" projects that popped up, and then missing time bc of a sick kid, I'm super behind.

Of course I'd be able to knock out some of the emergencies if I'd get an answer back from people. I have my part 99% done but I need the blessing of another before I can finalize.

I feel like I talk about Medicare half my work day lately. We don't sell Medicare but of course all of the companies have people 65+ and have lots of questions so we get them since we are supposed to know everything about everything.

The new kitchen at work is basically one long counter top and then a gigantic island. Except I think the island should have been pushed back a few feet because if someone is getting stuff from the cabinets (lowers only, sigh) you can't really get past them bc of the island.

Went for a walk last night after dinner. I was full and hadn't moved much all day so I needed it. I think I need to make it a nightly thing especially on days I don't get to work out.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-31 7:34 AM
Did you load B up in the stroller and take him on your walk?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-31 7:50 AM
no it was after he was already in bed. Too hot to do while he is still awake lately.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thunderstorm Thursday RTTs