Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Terrific Tuesday - 5/29
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:23 AM
Terrific for me because I am off work all week.

What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:40 AM
We don't leave for Michigan until tomorrow but I took today off work. I figured there was no sense squeezing in one day of work between Memorial Day and vacation.  I slept in and it felt great. I have been waking up at 4:30-5:00 every morning but it was almost 7:00 when I woke up today.

I ran 4 humid miles this morning.  I'm not complaining about the heat this year. I just run slower, take extra walk breaks, and think about how good it will feel in the fall.

I have some odds and ends to take care of today. Do some laundry & get packed, clean-up the house a bit (because Cindy's sister and her daughter will be staying here to help with Cindy's mother while we are gone), and I'm going to clean-up the car (wash, vacuum, and clean the windshield inside and out).  Washing the car is probably a waste of time because it looks like it's going to be a rainy trip due to Alberto remnants.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:03 AM
Welcome to retirement:laugh::laugh::laugh:   Your day sounds much like a day here.   Enjoy the trip prep.  It's a whole better than colonoscopy prep.

I hear you about washing car before trip.  I mostly do it to get use of the free vacuum.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:51 AM
I'm back to work today, but it's the only day this week I work and the last day of work until the end of July or beginning of August.  I haven't really looked that far yet on the calendar.
Mostly I'm getting end-of-the-year tasks accomplished that we have to check off before leaving for summer break. 
They are serving as bbq for lunch.

I ran 8 miles this morning.  It was humid.  I have been drinking more water out of necessity the past couple of weeks.  These warmer days make me want to drink more water. 

I'm starting a men's bible study for Tuesday evenings beginning tonight.  We will watch a brief DVD lesson of Apologetics then discuss.  I hope some people show up.  I know of two that will be there.  Others have said they are interested.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:06 AM
Enjoy the bbq lunch.   Man I would love to have a study with the men on the forum.  I know we could hook up some video conference but it's not quite the same.   How's that new grad doing?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:56 AM
I hope you have a good turnout for your Bible study group.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:11 AM
Back to work for me.

3-ish miles is the plan for this evening.

Looks like the weather may not be too bad for that.

Later this week is Rebecca's school musical. She is playing Belle in the HS production of Beauty and the Beast.

Mark.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:17 AM
Lynda and I hope to make the show.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:37 AM
I think the times are 7pm on Friday and 2pm and 7pm on Sat.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:15 AM
What's up is humidity.  It seems to be a recurring theme on here today.  I had minimal stamina and really had to push to make it a meaningful run.  There were lots of kids waiting for school bus and I didn't want to crash in front of them.  So a bunch of 8 year olds motivated the old man to keep pushing.  I did find one excuse to stop and pet a golden retriever and tell her how beautiful she was. 

Ear doctor, and deliver pizzas to Empowerment Center on tap this morning.  Finish mulching my neighbors yard this afternoon. 

Did you see that Mark Oles won his 5k over the weekend?  No wonder he does hang on here any more.  Luke (age 11?) ran a sub 24. :shocker!:)  Good genes.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-29 7:58 AM
Just returned from my pw and I need to shower and run errands.  I wish some of that Alberto rain would come our way.  It's always feast or famine here.

I still have not taken care of my laptop.  I am going to buy a hard drive and see if that is the problem.

Enjoy your Terrific Tuesday and stay cool!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:10 AM
It almost seems that for the price of hard drive you can get a whole new laptop.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-29 9:30 AM
Don’t scare me. I saw some for less than $100. I don’t want to spend too much money as I also want to upgrade my phone.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:39 AM
Hi all.  Negotiating some blood work with my doc and getting my hair cut today.  Need to cut back a sand cherry bush and put some more dirt in several of my outdoor pots too.   We hit 99 yesterday and tied a record.  More of the same today so I need to get after the outdoor chores before it gets too hot.    Have a good day everyone!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-29 9:32 AM
My hairdresser canceled my appointment. Dang!  And I was looking forward to a haircut and color.
My blood work from last week all was good.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-29 9:47 AM
3 cheers for good blood work; sorry about your hair appointment though.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-29 11:53 AM
Do you negotiate which tests or the meaning of the results?  Or do you negotiate the price?

99 on Memorial Day....you might hit 138 on 4th of July.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-29 12:59 PM
I'm trying to negotiate which tests.:roll:  What I ended up with will cost a small fortune; they drew 5 vials of blood.:shocker!:  I got light headed half way through and they brought me apple juice.  I wonder how much that will cost?:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Terrific Tuesday - 5/29