Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / True to the Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 5:33 AM
Let’s hear it people!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 5:43 AM
--Got a lot done over the weekend but not as much as I wanted. :meh:

--Watermelon and cantaloupe planted, garden weeded, beets and radishes picked and cleaned, the remaining lettuce and arugula picked and cleaned, tomatoes trimmed, raised beds cleaned out, road along our property line sprayed with Round Up and a bunch of weed eating done.

--Shop lawn looks like hell. It’s just going to have to wait though.

--Went in Saturday for a 90 minute massage and yesterday for two one hour ones. So much for a holiday weekend for me. :roll:

--Huge storm rolled through yesterday afternoon. Aurora made the news for heavy rains, hail, trees uprooted and cars damaged. We got maybe 5 minutes of some rain at home. Not enough to hurt anything.....like all the hay that is cut. Iowa is hoping to get everything baled today.

--We have a bluebird that has joined our colony of birds. :happy: He likes to sit on the window and look inside. We put up a bluebird house but it doesn’t seem he has found it.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 5:50 AM
I'm worn out just reading it
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-29 6:26 AM
Just. Say. No.  : pbbt:: pbbt:

That sounds like a busy long weekend, yikes!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 5:57 AM
~Today's message to my XC runners:

Yes, I know running is HARD! If it were easy they’d call it FOOTBALL!

~Short week. 3 days plus an all day broadcast on Friday then I"m off for 2 weeks

~My guts are killing me today. Blech

~Had a hunk of skin scraped off my face and a mole cut out of my back. No skin cancer so that's good.  But I guess I will give in to old man common sense and change to the big floppy hat while coaching instead of the ball cap
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:08 AM
Don’t forget the white socks, pulled up to the middle of your calves, to go along with your shorts and hat. :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:22 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

wait

I already do that

:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:41 AM
Hey, is Ami signed up for your race?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:44 AM
Nope.

Only 17 runners

Thought it would go over better than that.  This town...

We have about 30 ultrarunners in this town and only 1 of them is doing it
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:53 AM
probably 100 ultrarunners in Lawrence and I think 4 or 5 of them have signed up
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 11:56 AM
I shared the info with a couple people I know.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 2:20 PM
Cool :)
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-29 6:27 AM
Countdown to vacation!

Glad nothing came back as bad. Being outside as much as you are with coaching it probably is good to have more coverage.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-29 8:22 AM
I started wearing sunscreen diligently, on my face especially, after my Mom had to have a lot of skin removed from her nose.  Twice.  :cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-29 6:31 AM
Weekend was good for the most part. Still weirdness from Friday's shooting but in a weird way I think it is good it happened right before the long weekend as we were able to escape some of the coverage.

The teacher who was shot 3 times was out of the hospital within 24 hours and gave a press conference. Wow. He looked like nothing had even happened.

Took B down to see my mom (dad was still on his trip with my brother) and we took him to a splash pad for the first time. He LOVED it and my mom LOVED it. She really liked getting some one-on-one time with B since my dad is a baby hog :laugh:

Also took B to the local museum where they have a giant water table and splash pad and then we did the neighborhood pool yesterday. Thanks to the heat wave the pool was actually nice. I can't remember ever wanting to get in the water this early bc it would have been way too cold.

Now back to work and I have a ton to do but I hope I can blast through some of it these next 2 weeks so I don't feel bad taking some time off.

OK who am I kidding, I won't feel bad taking time off even if I'm not caught up :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:34 AM
I don’t think I’ll ever feel bad about taking time off once I’m employed by someone else. :blush:

So nice that your mom enjoyed her time with B. I bet that was a good outing for both of them. :hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:36 AM
Haha since I rarely get to use any vacation time I'm like "screw y'all I'm outta here for 2 weeks. Don't call me"
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:39 AM
Is there any live programming when you’re gone?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-29 6:40 AM
Yeah. The chick who works 10-3 fills in (which is a nightmare in itself). She thinks she gets to have say in when I'm gone and for how long since she has to fill in. Uh....not so much.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-29 7:01 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:22 AM
Hello! We survived! The island was on mandatory evacuation....blah blah blah. One of my MIL's sisters is a retired Florida fema chief. She stayed, we stayed. She said not to worry. She lives here and knows her stuff.

SGI is excellent even during a tropical storm :cool: Because there are cousins and BILs to entertain the kids. There are enough ipads per kids. Currently there is sun and crazy surf. The beach is nonexistent because of the surge. But, it is walkable and fun to play in while the kids don't get any deeper than their knees. We are about to go explore a bit. Later we'll try to hit the pool. Supposedly there will be thunderstorms all day, but none so far.

I ordered my iphone 8 plus. It should arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Have a great week!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-29 8:28 AM
SGI is on the Gulf, right?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-30 11:23 AM
Yes. Apalachicola is about 2 miles away from here. That is what you will see on the map.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-29 11:58 AM
When I saw where it was headed I thought of you - i was pretty sure SGI was in that vicinity but I wasn't sure. Glad you still had a good time despite the storms.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / True to the Tuesday RTTs