Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Are Here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-05-29 4:47 AM
:::Slipping into chair to start thread:::
I've missed you all! Post. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-05-29 4:48 AM
Last Christmas, DC had given me a kid’s wooden school bus with 2 little people on it. It also contained a paper scroll that outlined an 8 day, 7 night bus (Motor Coach) trip to Charleston SC, Savannah GA, Jekyll and Saint Simon’s GA barrier Islands. That is an area that I like to study. I picked up 9 books while I was down there. We got back later this weekend after a flurry of walks and beaucoup tours and fantastic restaurants. We plied the Savannah River on a boat and, listened to an excellent talk while we ate box lunches. Yum!

Jekyll Island has a sea turtle hospital where they do surgery as well as rehab treatments on salt water turtles (even on 100 pound+ turtles). If there is a hurricane tracking for them, they release whatever turtles are healed sufficiently back into the ocean where they will be safer and transport the rest up to more inland hospital centers…sometimes about 80 turtles. Amazing people down there, saving turtles.

As far as food goes, who knew you could cook collard greens so many different ways? I especially enjoyed Rutabaga, Hoppin’ John and Okra. Here in the north, when I’ve had okra in soup or something else, okra was always gummy and slimy. Not this time. It was prepared with tomato cubes and cooked perfectly.

Toe is much better and I did 45 minutes on the TM three times now. There was a lot of walking during the time we were down there. One day we did 3 hours in 89° F. when we finally had some free time. I’ve been living either barefoot or in very loose sandals.

This morning I’m going to lace up and go down to the park. We’ll try it and see how it goes.

Happy runs, All!  :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-05-29 6:49 PM
What a fun trip!  I've been to Jekyll Island many times. :happy:  I've also eaten my share of okra, ussually fried. :laugh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-29 1:39 PM
Hey, all! My right knee was hurting a lot yesterday, so I was feeling bummed and like I was gonna give up the whole rehab/recovery thing and just have a commitment ceremony between me and the Injury Couch, but I got good news from my chiropractor today: the knee pain from this weekend was from my knee tendons suddenly popping back into place. The pain was from the sudden release of pressure on the tendons; they are sore, but have been feeling better each day.

So. Maybe a green light to start working out again soon? :grin:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-05-29 6:50 PM
So your knee hurting is actually a good sign?  Sounds like positive news to me!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-30 5:51 AM
That sounds very incouraging! :happy::hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-05-30 1:26 PM
I missed this yesterday. Yay for the tendons popping back into their proper place!
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-05-29 2:40 PM
We have missed you too!

5 this morning with MyMomRuns (DetroitRunner) at Potto trail. Very pretty. Very buggy.

Then we drove to Hell and back. I spent way too much on tee shirts for the family but it was worth it.

Waiting until it's time to go to the airport.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-05-29 5:50 PM
And did I mention we drove 954 miles yesterday?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-05-29 6:51 PM
:shocker!::cry::cry:  That is a long day of driving, especially the day after doing an ultra!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-05-30 1:27 PM
There were three of us sharing it, but still, it is a very long day of driving.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-30 5:50 AM
Ohhhhh, that is a lonnnnnng way to drive! You are indeed bada$$. :shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Are Here