Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tasty Thursday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-24 5:23 AM
Keep it going.  Post 'em

QOTD.   The best or worst tasting aid station  or your best or worst tasting training food.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-24 5:40 AM
I changed things around and got up a little earlier and ran before breakfast.  I leave soon to go deliver for clothing bank.  Jim does Meals on Wheels, perhaps this should be called Clothes on Wheels.  Anyway, it is a spectacular day.  Thank you Dawn.  The run not so spectacular.  I'll give it a 5 on Tom's 10.  Legs are still dead from all of the stairs on moving day. 

I hit the trifecta of smell sights and sounds driving down Main St last evening.  Lots of UD students celebrating end of year. (Never hard to look at coeds, and moms too helping with move out.)  Lots of side walk dining and aromas.  Then a band on the lawn in front of Barnes and Nobel.  Can you say party night?

QOTD.   Coffee almost always taste good in the AM. (Ethiopian in this cup currently)   The worst aid station was the jello shots on Steamtown Marathon included the vodka. 

See you later today.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-24 6:23 AM
I kept the 8 mile run going this morning.  It was not nearly as humid this morning as it has been and the run felt better.

Those little pretzels filled with peanut butter are the best tasting aid station food.  Worst for me is gummy food. 

After work today I'm getting my hair cut while Melissa goes grocery shopping.  Then I need to do some grass trimming around the house. 

One more day of school for kids.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-05-24 7:45 AM
Best Training Food is Curley Fries

Best Aid stations were during my 100 miler. Had just about everything to eat.

Running 3 miles or so at lunch time. Great weather here.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-24 8:24 AM
pancakes, pancakes, pancakes.  Running is just an excuse to eat more pancakes.

Welcome to summer - my husband set up the torch lights around the patio last night.  Used a tape measure and a level.:roll:  Those of you without engineers in your life have no idea what you miss.

It was our first patio party of the summer.  The gentlemen had a few beers and cigars, Misha got an extra large Milk Bone and I had the most wonderful sour apple popsicle.:happy::happy:

I did a solo power walk after our normal dog walk at the park.  Will do yoga later when the afternoon heat sends me inside.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-24 9:21 AM
Good morning!

Just returned from my power walk with my friend.  It is very humid here.  I am staying indoors for the rest of the day.

QOTD - best anything with nuts and chocolate. 

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-24 7:07 PM
It's later today.   OH MY what a day!!!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-24 7:23 PM
I'm back from a day at the office. Stopped at the gym on the way home. 1 mile on the treadmill and then some weights.  I'll try to get up early tomorrow and run at least 8.

Out on the porch now as the last of the western sky is still a pretty orange (or at least what I call orange.)  My keyboard has lights under the keys that makes it possible to type in the dark.

I picked up a meatball sub after my workout.  That was pretty tasty.

I've never been in a race with aid stations but at the Crim 10-miler in Flint, which I ran 10 times, there were lots of interesting things along the route.  Near the 4-mile mark there were people giving out beer.  I took some a couple times.  Then there was the place with the Krispy Kreme donuts.  Those never sounded very good.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tasty Thursday