Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hearing Wednesday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-23 8:15 AM
Keep them senses sharp, and post 'em.

What do you hear when wonking out?   Music birds dogs barking?   Do you listen for anything particular?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-23 8:34 AM
Oh my aching everything.  Maybe today should be Feeling Wednesday.  But its hump day and ......

Yesterday and Monday were the moving day for Scott. Of course it poured rain part of yesterday.  He lived on a second floor and moved to a second floor.  The move in was to upstairs of a hundred year old house.  Big tall step up to get into house, an immediate left up 4 steps then right up the main stair way and another 3 steps right.  The sofa would not fit and it was good the dining room table was drop leaf.  That is probably why they made drop leaf years ago. 

Today is a beautiful morning after the rain yesterday.   More grass cutting.  It was hard to crank up the run after the move, but it got a little loose as I moved along. 

What do I hear?   My hearing is incredibly bad.  Laurel or Yanny?   Tom hears Larry.  I don't dare run with music, though I may try it in the park, if I can figure out how to carry my cassette player and run.  But I can hear trains miles away. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-23 8:50 AM
Tom, my everything hurts too.  What gives?  Sleep has been difficult with all the different things aching.   It will either pass or I will learn to cope.

Did Scott have a queen size box spring?  That is always the most difficult for our many moves with the kids.  The mattress will flex of course but the box spring:shocker!:  We've gotten pretty good sawing them partially in half, folding like a book, and then unfolding and nailing them back together.  Thank goodness for youtube.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-23 9:29 AM
He had a queen size.  Upgraded to a KING size!!!  Almost was a no size trying to get it in.  The box spring though came in 2 halves.  But the matress was like stuffing it in to a VW.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:16 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-05-23 9:06 AM
I ran/walk 3 miles and my legs were not happy!! I did do a leg workout yesterday so I'm blaming that. :laugh::laugh:

Yesterday afternoon rain here and it felt cold. :meh:

Lately if there is background noise I can't hear. I did hear Yanny, but no one else I know did. :laugh::laugh::laugh: I don't run with music. I don't like not being about to hear what is happening around me. I am always scaring people with headphones, so I don't think it's a good idea. Cassette player :wtf:

This morning I heard birds and lawnmowers, my neighbor saying hello, traffic, and since I ran down the street they are repaving I heard beep beep beep of the truck. At the end of my run I ran by a house I don't usually and the dog voiced his opinion about that.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-05-23 8:34 PM
I heard Yanny too! :laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-23 9:00 AM
Currently I hear lawn mowers.  After 3 days of rain every yard has grown a foot tall.  And I hear the birds too of course.  We have many cardinals, bluejays, and my favorite pooping robin.

In the winter I hear the furnace running and the gas meter spinning:laugh:

Last night was a club fun run.  We all ran together, sometimes 8 across, talked and laughed and generally snarled traffic in a pretty forgiving neighborhood.  I'm sure they've been keeping track and know that last night was our last time to invade.  Pizza, cole slaw, pasta salad, watermelon, and 5 kinds of cookies.  I doubled up on Snickerdoodles!  We have agreed to let the club dissolve, maybe donate what's left in the bank account to the local cross country kids, but keep the Spring Time Trials going as a group of friends.  All good.

Misha had her annual vet check today.  they had to muzzle her.:sad:  Of course if someone were checking my anal glands I too might bite!  I treated her to a walk on the HS cross country course after; lovely breeze, good scenery too.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-23 9:31 AM
I love your club runs.    I might have to come out just for a Tuesday night.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:00 AM
On Monday I had a dentist appointment and for the first time in decades, they found a couple cavities.  Now I have to go back twice for the fillings. I am not looking forward to that. 

Yesterday I had an eye exam and the way things have been going I fully expected to be told I needed some type of eye surgery, but I do not.  Just some new glasses. 

Today I had to take our car in for service.  It is making a bad noise when you accelerate. Still waiting to hear what they found.

I did manage to get to the park for a quick 3 miles before dropping off the car.

The main thing I hear around here is the coal train going back and forth all day and all night.  It goes through the park where I run most days. Probably giving me black lung.

My daughter & family in Tallahassee have been applying for jobs in the Navarre Beach area (where we went for Spring Break this year.)  It isn't a sure thing, but it sounds like my son-in-law found a job.  My daughter works for the State of Florida and can ask for a transfer.  It will be a lot more fun to visit them in Navarre Beach than in Tallahassee so I hope it works out.  And we don't have to drive through Atlanta when we go there. 

I won't be helping them move though. You folks helping your kids move are amazing. I'll hire people to help them, but I won't be lifting anything, I can promise you that.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:10 AM
Cavities are of the devil.  Last May I had to have a root canal.  Like you, no cavities for years, then suddenly a tooth becomes sensitive and the dentist said I needed the root canal.  It wasn't as bad as I thought, so hopefully the fillings will go well for you.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:48 AM
Maybe your dentist needs glasses.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:06 AM
I've been sitting on the front porch hearing birds most evenings.  The low roar of a lawnmower from far away is usually always in the background.  Occasionally I hear the cheering of parents at their child's baseball/softball game on the ball fields 3/4 of a mile from my house.

This morning was another 8 mile run.  I want to up the ante starting next week and increase to 10-12 mile runs a couple of days a week.  Maybe bump up the long run one day a week back to 20+ miles.  The 8 hour endurance run that is in a local park comes again in August.  I would like to try that again this year.  With school out next week, I'll have more time to run in the mornings.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:51 AM
How was birthday celebration?   Last day this week??
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-23 12:26 PM
It was a relaxing evening at home with Makayla and Melissa.  Pasta and apple cobbler from my dear wife.  Last day for kids is Friday.  That will be a wrap of my 27th year of teaching.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-23 12:10 PM
Good afternoon all!

I went for a power walk with my friend this morning and we usually hear the birds and ducks.   When I walk in my neighborhood, depending on time of day, the sounds range from kids, dogs, ducks, horses, goats, cows, birds and people.

Well the heat is on!  Should hit 100 by Memorial Day.  I hope not.

My husband I are going to see "Book Club" this afternoon.

My laptop is dead.  Keep getting an error message that the hard drive is not installed.  Huh?  I never took it out.  Removed the battery and hard drive, reinstalled as per the online instructions that I could find, and still received the same message.  Think I am going to buy another hard drive and see if that does the trick.

Enjoy your "hearing" Wednesday afternoon!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hearing Wednesday