Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wake up Wednesday
- - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-05-23 6:11 AM
I did not want to get out of bed, but got it together. My running sucked today and I had to stop after one loop, so barely a mile. I did some core work afterwards. My body is cranky today and I figured I wouldn't push my luck. I'm so frustrated that I have aches that get in the way of running. I think I am going to dust off my bike. I have been so busy wth work and need to start posting more. I keep saying I will, but then slack off.
Parent - - By AmyDel Date 2018-05-23 6:48 AM
I am in the same boat regarding aches and pains...I have been flirting with running again, but then developed an achy right knee - my mom just had a knee replaced, and I don't want to go thru that, so I was a bit spooked. 
I went for a run/walk this am - took me 37 minutes, and I'm hoping no knee pain will follow.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-05-23 12:07 PM
My fingers are crossed.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-05-23 8:44 AM
Ahem.  The lad has asked a girl out on a date.  :shocker!:  My little guy. :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-05-23 12:07 PM
:shocker!:How old is he now?
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-05-23 2:00 PM

eta:  She told him she was busy this weekend.  And next week.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-23 2:04 PM
poor kid.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-05-23 5:33 PM
:sad:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-23 8:11 PM
But he sounds adorable. :hug:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-23 12:24 PM Edited 2018-05-23 12:26 PM
:hug::hug::cry:

MY older DN has a crush on a boy. He's adorable, and smart and funny and happens to be the son of one of the local tech bazillionares. :laugh: Not sure if either of them will get up the nerve to do anything about it, but it sure is fun for the auntie to watch.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-23 12:25 PM
Yoga this morning. I did a hip opener.  I had noticed yesterday that my right foot was way turned out when I walk (it is usually a little turned out) and that when I tried to straighten it, I got knock kneed. The hip opener class totally solved that problem! Then I took some good time with the foam roller.

I got MCF a kayak for his birthday-- which is this weekend-- and I think we are going to go out tonight so he can test the kayak and I can swim!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-05-23 5:34 PM
Cool birthday gift!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-23 8:10 PM
Cool about the yoga helping your gait/posture. :happy:

Oh, nice! A water date for you both!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-23 8:13 PM
The muscles in my lower leg are finally relaxing, which means my slightly misaligned tibia, poor thing, is sliding back into its proper position. This process is weirdly achy, similar to what you feel when you get a barometric pressure change, but the tendons and bones are behaving better and it no longer feels like I am being stabbed in my instep with every step. More moist heat tonight and maybe by tomorrow morning I can do a workout.
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-05-23 10:44 PM
I woke up and ran. Then I had to take kittens to the clinic. Then conference calls. Then pick up from the clinic. Then more work, more crises, more craziness.

But I did get 3.8 this morning and  2 something this evening. :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wake up Wednesday