Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, 20 May 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-20 6:50 AM
Good morning!

The celebrations continue a my house. My husband turns 70 today!

What are you doing today?
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-05-20 9:11 AM
Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Mark, I enjoyed your comet about my $20 LV limit - it means per day!!:wink:

Wife and I are heading to Tracy for the day and this morning a church service - the church (nondenominational) name is JOURNEY
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-20 11:00 AM
There is a Journey church near Tom and I as well. Not my style, but doing some wonderful things in the community.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:41 PM
At our Journey ear plugs are available...for the band, not the preacher. He is very good.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-20 11:08 AM
So, the rain stopped, but now it is hot a muggy. I guess the lesson is - be careful what you wish for.

Had some really nice "sermons" from two young ladies in church today. One is graduating from HS. The other is getting her PhD from UD.

Rebecca had her first shift yesterday at the Ice Cream shop associated with UD. She was complaining this morning that her arm felt like it was going to fall off :laugh:

Most of today will be guiding/advising/encouraging/yelling at Katy as she finishes the poster and presentation for her research project.

Hopefully a run after dinner.

Mark.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:02 PM
Got in 2.4 miles to finish the week. Felt strong on the run.

There was a little girl out walk with her parents. She found a frog in a puddle by the road. She was very concerned about the frog. I heard her ask her dad "Will the frog drown in the puddle?"

MO:  2.62 miles
TU:  2.62 miles
WE: Rest
TH:  Concert
FR:  Concert
SA:  3.15 miles
SU:  2.4 miles
---------------
To: 10.79

Mark.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:43 PM
Will the sun dry up the puddle or will a car run thru the puddle.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:34 PM
Good morning back at you.  Even though it is now afternoon.

Rainy dreary most of the day until about 5 minutes ago.  The sun is out in full force so we will grill dinner outside tonight.  Temps have been in the low 50's so I've had a jacket on most of the day.  Those temps made for a comfortable run though.  Just 2 miles and then some weird yoga afterward.  Learned a new pose called Wild Thing.:grin:

We have a robin in the neighborhood that is missing a chromosome.  He is NOT RIGHT in the head.  He perches on the side mirror of my husband's Jeep and pecks at his reflection in the window - poop streaming out of him for hours on end.   So Lee moved the Jeep.  Problem solved for us but the darn bird went next door and was doing the same thing to my neighbor's Honda SUV.  He hung pictures of owls on the SUV to scare the bird.  No luck.  So he spent $25 on a plastic owl with wild eyes and a revolving head.  We have named it Linda Blair.:wink:  Unfortunately Linda scared the robin back to our house and the Jeep.  I am tired of my husband swearing at the bird so I offered him my garage space.  Now the bird is pooping on my Sonata.  I swear the car wasn't out there 15 minutes and the pooping started.  It helps to keep a positive attitude.  (and a bucket and a sponge!):laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:47 PM
Wild Yoga.... hmmmm  Lee must be home this weekend...but sadly didn't pay the least bit if attention because he was watching for pooping robins. :cry:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-20 4:01 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:54 PM
Please tell that bird brain that the Robin is supposed to be Rockin', not Poopin'.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-20 4:01 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-20 3:52 PM
My workout today was moving a a whole mess of bags of mulch for my disabled neighbor.  Also a frustrating afternoon engineering a "baby gate" so Aunt Shirley won't go do the stairs to the lower level.

Coming back from Home Depot a huge rainbow.  Looks like it ended in Mark's backyard.

Tom in DE
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, 20 May 2018