Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday 5.17.2018 (Friday Eve)
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-17 6:56 AM
Hey folks.

What's Up?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-17 6:56 AM
I went to the gym this morning. 2 on the treadmill and then some weights. I ran the 2nd mile at a 9:00 pace and it felt like an all out sprint. My heart rate maxed out and I was sweating hard. I left a trail all over the gym, from machine to machine.  People who go there after me will think some huge slimy slug was loose in the gym this morning. I'm not sure why I'm slowing down so much but I am going to keep working at it.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-17 10:05 AM
Good morning Dave and others to follow

What is up -- the temperature!  Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far.  My walking buddy and I went for our walk at 8:30 thinking we could beat the heat.  Some parts of the trail are shady and some are not.  And in some spots we had a nice breeze.  But oh well, I'd rather have sunny skies than those dreary days we had earlier in the year.

Tonight there is a concert at the Library's Amphitheatre and we plan to attend.   We are taking hummus, guacamole, chips, and wine!  Should be fun.

Have a good Thursday all!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-17 11:47 AM
I finished Woman in the Window last night - didn't see that ending coming at all!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-17 2:42 PM
The ending was indeed a surprise. I listened to “Lilac Girls” on our trip. Another good read.

I am going to try and see what is wrong with my laptop. May be the battery.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-17 6:21 PM
Yes, I liked Lilac Girls too!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-17 11:29 AM
I ran the usual 8 mile distance this morning on a different route to avoid dogs.  The route is not unfamiliar, just different from the normal. 

The kids at school are being rewarded with a movie and popcorn in their homerooms this afternoon.  I can sit in my office in the peace and quiet and get some work done, or talk to you all on the forum.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-17 11:46 AM
Did any of you notice the school shooting on yesterday's news?  It was in Dixon IL.  Only about 15 miles from us.  The couple that live behind and one lot west of us both teach there.  Darwin actually heard the shots fired from within his class room.  His wife was at the other end of the building.  Such a wake up call to those of us who think we are isolated because we live in a small town.

Not to be outdone by my Amtrak-ing daughters, I bought tickets today to ride the train to Michigan in June.  And the kennel had openings so Misha gets a mini vacation too.  This will be my first train ride other than a commuter train from the suburbs to downtown Chicago.  I'm excited!

Yoga next, another dog walk, and then today's grand finale will be the 8th grade talent show!!!  My neighbor girl invited me last night.  How can I say no to Somewhere Over the Rainbow, on flute, by a 13 year old?:hug::hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday 5.17.2018 (Friday Eve)