Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Started
- - By judyruns Date 2018-05-17 6:13 AM
Post and hope you all have a great day. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-05-17 6:14 AM
Wednesday I did another 60 minutes of cardio dvd work without toe issues. The splint is now working its way off during the day. I take that as a good sign that I am close to not needing it. I’ve noticed that my walk is speeding up a little. Encouraging!
More cardio work this morning before hair cut & color. :grin:
Happy runs, All!  :hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-17 8:45 AM
This is good news, Judy! Yay for a more normal walk.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-17 8:53 AM
Glad you're making progress.  Good that you can also do the cardio dvds without any issues.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-17 8:58 AM Edited 2018-05-17 9:10 AM
50 min run.  Very, very slow.  I'm supposed to slow down as I add time but this was ridiculously slow.  I will just go ahead and blame the fact htat it was 80 and sunny when I started.  I just wasn't into it either.  BUT, it's done and I now get ot see if my calf and foot are ok with it.  If so, 5 more minutes added next week!!!!  So crazy : pbbt:.

My running question of the day is as follows:

What type of road run is your favorite (in general if the run goes well) - speed workout on the track, tempo run, long run, a slow putz around run, or speedy run?  What type do you like the least?

I prefer track workouts.  Not sure why as I've never been a super fast person at shorter distances.  I enjoy how it feels to finish a bunch of 400s or 800s.  Occasionally enjoy how it feels  to finish some mile repeats as well.  I also much, much prefer speed workouts on a track over the road.  I also typically hate long runs.  I've had a few that have felt really good and I've enjoyed but I mostly do not like anything longer than 10 miles.  My random note is that I really like trail runs but didn't want to include that as an option.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-17 10:40 AM
A slow run is still a run, right? :happy:

Favorite type of road run? Usually a LSD, but if I am doing a harder workout, I like an interval run on hills. What I like the least is a track workout.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-17 10:45 AM
It's a beautiful, perfect sunny morning out here...just right for short sleeves. I did a 4-mile circuit around the local park, which is moderately hilly. My right leg did great. The hamstrings eventually got tired and I had to slow to a walk when my gait got sloppy, but I can feel that the muscles are getting noticeably stronger even from last week. Things are moving in the right direction.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-17 10:51 AM
Glad you are back on your feet.  Are you home again?
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-17 1:13 PM
Home in Colorado, yeah.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-17 10:51 AM
Swam. I've got an interview tomorrow and did a prep last night with some friends.  Then I took their advice and worked it all out in my head in the pool. Took an hour off work to go jot it down over breakfast at Panera and am feeling much more ready for tomorrow. Nothing like good friends and a good swim to make life ok.:cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-17 2:46 PM
Very best of luck with the interview! :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Started