Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, all day long. 5/16
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-16 7:17 AM
Hi all and welcome to Wednesday.  I have blue skies, birds singing, a large coffee, and a belly full of scrambled egg on an English muffin.

Let's hear your breakfast reports.   And if I could, I would package up this weather and send it to all of you.:hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-16 7:22 AM
ok, so a toasted muffin with a scrambled egg to which I added chopped onions, sweet pepper, and topped with an heirloom tomato.

4 mile time trial last night: well, I finished!  Next to last; goodness I'm slow!!!!  It was sunny, no humidity and a light breeze.  Guess I just preferred sight seeing to pushing the pace.

My grass is so long it is going to seed; and I just mowed the darn stuff 5 days ago.   I planted 50-60 annuals yesterday.  So today is yardwork fest part 2.  mow, trim, fertilize. This is my happy place.:happy::happy::happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 8:53 AM
Great job getting out on the time trial.  Speed is over rated.

Time to fire up Dawnmower.  Will look for a cutting edge report.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 7:36 AM
Please get that used weather to us FAST!   Rain rain rain.  It was sunny yesterday afternoon until the doomsday clouds moved in.  Cecil B Demills would have been proud of them.  Sure like this was the big one.  More bark than bite, but some impressive lightning and hard down pours. 

The Duck In Finale was fun.  A number of students stopped to chat.  "Reading day" today exams start Thursday, though some students said they had one Tuesday.  Our Code Purple celebration was good, but sparsely attended probably held back by the doomsday storm warnings and clouds. 

BREAKFAST.  The new coffee maker made a mess of things.  Somehow the coffee did not drip into the carafe.:wtf::mutmad:   Otherwise I had a leftover blueberry Duck Donut and leftover lemon pie from the dinner. :shocker!::laugh: 

Dawn I like that line about but you still have to turn on the pot. 

TODAY:   Rare, unbelievable.  Nothing on the calendar:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

Off for a cloudy humid run. 

Tom in DE

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-16 8:38 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 8:47 AM
RUN DUN.  Awesome run.:cool:  Where did this come from:wtf:?   It had some bounce in the step, the legs felt fluid and I felt I had plenty in the tank when i finished.  The weather was uber humid with a light rain.   Sometimes you just don't know.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-16 9:37 AM
RUN DUN and a TUN of FUN!  Sometimes the legs feel YUNG.  Nice!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-16 8:46 AM
Well, got the 2.62 miles run yesterday, but lightning chased me all the way home. Got to see a double rainbow, though.

Breakfast was the usual - Oatmeal with a little brown sugar and a beef sausage link.

Normally, today wold be a rest ay, but I might try the 1.5 mile route because Thursday is Katy's Orchestra concert.

Had a very odd dream that my job got moved to Russia (!).
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 8:50 AM
But there is no collusion.  Anybody who tries to analyze that dream is on a witch hunt.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-16 8:58 AM
Last night, some pop-up thunderstorms formed a few miles to the north of us. I sat out on the porch and watched the lightning show move from the west to the east.  Not a drop of rain on me.

This morning was 4 miles in the park.

For years I have wanted to run the 5k in the Corporate Cup challenge that happens each summer among businesses in Charleston.  This year, I will actually be in town, so I signed up. But now I am thinking that was a bad move.  There are no age groups and I'm not in my prime anymore.  I could feasibly come in last place in front of other people in my company.  I should have signed up for kick ball.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-16 10:00 AM
but if enough people participate no one will even notice.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-16 9:43 AM
Two dogs charged at me on my run this morning.  It was the same two dogs that come at me several months ago and the guy who owns them came out and cussed me.  This morning the lady of the house came out and managed to get them away from me.  I apologized (even though I had done nothing wrong) and she was nice about it.  One of the dogs was barking and lunging at me, but I had a handful of rocks.  I don't think I'm going to run down that road anymore.  It's only a 1.5 mile to the end of the dead end road then I come back. 
Made it 8 miles again.

Yesterday was Field Day at school, which I was in charge of.  It went well.  It was hot.  All teachers survived.
Today is Dance/Electronics Day this afternoon for the kids.  Kids come to the gym and can play games on their electronics and music will be played.  One of you should record yourself doing the Chicken Dance, send it to me, and I'll play it on the big screen.: pbbt:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 11:11 AM
If you played me doing chicken dance on big screen you might lose your job.  

I would say don't run with the big dogs.  Too many other roads.  We'll understand if you report says 6.5 miles instead of 8 some morning.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-16 10:13 AM
Thanks for the start Dawn!

I'm using the old laptop because the newer laptop is just not working.

It is nice and hot here in Boerne.  Sunny skies.

My walking partner is able to walk again so we just returned from a walk on the trail.  I need to clean house and work on the yard later today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 11:12 AM
Hot time in Texas.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-05-16 12:07 PM
Good morning Dawn and all you other lovely people.
breakfast-fried potatoes and fried eggs...and coffee
ran 3.23 miles today. recovery is going ok from the race. streak is still intact. i did go to a sports medicine office this past saturday and had my ankle x rayed and checked out. inside of left ankle was really sore from mile 30 on...,i kicked it 3 times with the heel of my right shoe around mile 29. anyway no stress fracture. bone bruise was the dignosis. so ice and Advil and its getting better each day.
work still is lousy. looking for a new job, since 1st of the year, nothing yet.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-16 12:56 PM
Work and the left foot are lousy.  Bummer.   Hope Sam and the right foot don't catch it.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-16 1:08 PM
I expect the real story is you were rough housing with Sam too much.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-05-16 3:22 PM
That's a possibility... she's a rough one.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, all day long. 5/16