Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Trying to make it Tuesday (Daily)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-05-15 5:43 AM
What will it take for you to get through the day?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-05-15 5:46 AM
I worked later than planned and did not make it to the gym until almost 7:30.  As you can imagine, I did not want to go but I managed to run 2 miles and do some weights. All in all a45 minute workout so not bad. Should be able to run tonight after work.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-15 7:29 AM
I actually prefer afternoon or evening workouts over early morning.  Late runs can make it difficult to fall asleep sometimes though.  Hope you can get a run in earlier today.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-15 7:35 AM
But you made it! Excellent 45 minutes. :happy::cool:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-15 7:32 AM
Same easy 3 miles or so.  Didn't have time for longer but hope I can on Thursday but not sure since DH leaves again and I was probably dropping him off at the closer airport.  I still don't feel like I have a ton of pep but hope it's more heat related.  Things are getting stiff since I'm not doing enough PT at home on my own.  I swear other than sitting in my car it's sometimes all day before I sit (including standing during meals or eating in car).
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-05-15 8:19 AM
I hope ypu can plan a longer run. It's harder than some people make it look.:laugh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-05-15 7:38 AM
Today I plan another cardio workout inside. I did try the running shoes and they were tolerable but not yet for exercise. The toe was very bruised and I'm still wrapping it to two other toes. I am doing my cardio work barefoot but the toe is better this week. I did 60 minutes of cardio dvd yesterday. My walking is still slow, but my marching is great. :laugh:
Next week I will not be online for a while. Do not worry. I will not have expired. :laugh: All is well. :wink:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-05-15 8:18 AM
What happened to your toe?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-15 7:18 PM
Ran the foot into a dining room chair and broke the 4th toe on the right foot. I'm free to run at the end of this week. The delay will be getting the poor bruised toe to tolerate a running shoe. I've been in sandals or barefoot ever since the break. : pbbt:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-15 12:10 PM
swam this morning. had a hard time staying motivated but I pushed through it. I'm glad I did. the weather has turned here and it is getting hot (for seattle- high around 80). I was still sweating when I got to work. I hate that!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-05-15 1:47 PM
My desire for hot weather has definitely cooled off.: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-15 7:16 PM
Good for you for pushing through the workout. :happy:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-05-15 4:16 PM
I don't know. The promise of a large glass of wine when I get home? Vestry (church governing board) meeting after work this evening. I do not think it is going to go well.

But I managed 2.2 this morning and actually made it to the gym for the first time in WEEKS today. 5.85 miles. :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-15 5:54 PM
Excellent 5.85 miler! Are the Vestry meetings on the testy side? As I recall, you have said similar before.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-05-16 6:16 AM
Glad you made it to the gym. :grin:

I have difficulty with meetings-especially long contentious meetings. I hope that have some time and energy left to enjoy your evening and a glass of wine afterward. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Trying to make it Tuesday (Daily)