Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 5/14 - Dance like a chicken day
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:34 AM
I have been informed that today is "Dance Like a Chicken Day".

Personally, I will abstain from any celebrations.

What else is going on?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:37 AM
Close to 70 and humid this morning.  Headed to 90+ today.

But I got in a pretty good 4 miles.

Work is already stacking up, so I better get back to it.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-14 7:19 AM
Work:cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:40 AM
I will not have the children perform the Chicken Dance in PE today.  I will not demonstrate the Chicken Dance.  I'm with Dave, and will not celebrate this Dance Like a Chicken Day.

Testing is finished for our school, except for a few students who are now doing makeups.  For the next 9 days until the school year ends we have "fun" activities planned for the afternoons.  I don't think very much teaching and learning happens in the mornings.  This afternoon is "Beach Day."  Kids wear their beach-wear (school appropriate) and we all go outside.  My school is in rural Kentucky with cows grazing in the field next to the school and not a body of water in sight.  You have to really use your imagination for "Beach Day."

8 miles this morning.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-14 7:23 AM
Do high schools also follow that same format?  Seems like a lot of down time, though I like Beach Day.  Do teachers bring Corona?
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-14 7:52 AM
I'm in an elementary building now, 4-6.  I think it is too much downtime.  Field Day tomorrow, Electronics/Dance day on Wednesday, something on Thursday, Class Competitions on Friday in the gym.  I haven't asked what teachers are drinking from their Yeti cups.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:17 AM
I will not dance it here or there. I will not dance it anywhere.

I will not dance it with a fox,
I will not dance it in a box.

I will not dance it, can't you see?
I will not dance it, Dave , let me be!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-05-14 8:28 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-14 7:57 AM
Sad morning at GBT house.  After years of faithful serving, our coffee maker has moved on to the great coffee house in the sky.  But it died halfway through the pot.:wtf:  I tried a number of life saving techniques but nothing worked.  The brains still flashed but it would not heat the water.   We wound up boiling water and pouring it through.  Will get another maker today.

Phone calls

Medicare appeal for Aunt Shirley...we won, on a technicality.  This is second time.  The technicality is the facility did not send records...this is the second time. So if the facility never sends records she can stay forever???:wtf:

Scott is moving...plans just changed from this afternoon to now.

Gotta go.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:23 AM
When I surveyed the coffee pot.
Its only half full, that's not a lot ...
something .. something ...

Forbid it Lord that the beans are dark roast
Mild morning blend is what I like most.
No cream or sugar, I take it black
I pray that coffee I'll never lack.

Winning on a technicality is still a win.

Mark.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-14 1:35 PM
Oh the wonderful brew
    Oh the wonderful brew
    Bids me come and sip and find that I may truly wake
    Oh the wonderful brew
    Oh the wonderful brew
    All who gather here by smell draw near and sip your perfect cup
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 5:46 PM
Nice.

I forgot to mention... If you poured the hot water manually, then you can claim it is "Hand-Brewed" and sell it for 6-8 bucks for 16oz.

Tom and Linda's Coffee (TLC) "Hand-brewed with attitude"

Mark.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:04 AM
Good Afternoon! I had an 8 am doctor's appointment and had to be there at 7:30 for lab work. I also had to see someone from my two cancer study groups, so I ended up being at the doctor's office for quite a long time. I'm dropping out of one of the study groups because it involved taking 300 mg of aspirin daily and I just decided I did NOT want to take such a high dosage. I do intend to stick with the weight loss study (assuming they don't kick me out for still being so fat!:roll::sad:) I'm scheduled for another CT scan and some other fun stuff next month-Is it too soon to start being stressed over THAT??? My doc told me that I need to get control of the stress in my life???!!! Okayyyyy.

I will get out for a walk later this evening. Hopefully, it will be cooler, and the air quality will be a bit better by then.

No dancing like a chicken today for me either!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:26 AM
For the weight-loss study, you can just say that you were making sure they had a control group.

300 mg is a lot of aspirin.

Mark.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:56 AM
:grin: If only I could CONTROL my eating habits!:roll:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-14 1:37 PM
Nothing stressful in your life.:shocker!:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:15 AM
I will do the chicken dance tonight as the show during dinner. If for no other reason than it will annoy my pre-teen.

2.6 miles are planned assuming the weather holds out.

Got the lab reports from my follow up colonoscopy and got an all-clear. So, that's good.

Mark.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-14 11:20 AM
Ray and I always threaten to dance just to see the look of horror on Conor's face:evil::laugh::laugh:

Great news on the lab results!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-14 12:08 PM
Good news Mark, all of it!

Did Rebecca have fun at prom?
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 12:32 PM
Apparently yes.

However, (follow along if you can) - Rebecca's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend is an "ex"-friend of Rebecca's. So, apparently there was a tiny bit of drama when both couples were over at the boys' parent's house.:wtf:

I just listen and nod with a concerned look on my face.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-14 12:25 PM
Hallelujah on the good report!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-14 12:12 PM
I think the chicken dance should be reserved for kindergarten and younger.: pbbt:  They are adorable, the rest of us just look foolish.  Unless you're going for foolish, then, by all means!

Moved some hostas, planted some sun-loving annuals.  Will do the shade lovers tomorrow.   Yoga is done but I still need some work with my free weights before I call it a day.

I am going to a prayer and praise service tonight in the town where my husband works.  So we are meeting up first and he gets to buy my dinner.  Then he gets to come home and do doggie duty while I get a little 'me' time.  A good day for everyone.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-14 12:34 PM
C'mon Dawn! Get in touch with your inner kindergartner, not just your inner gardener.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-14 1:20 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-14 1:40 PM
The chicken dance might be just right at prayer and praise.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-15 5:59 AM
Returned from our road trip Monday evening and to laptop issues. So I may be offline for a bit. Hate typing on my phone.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 5/14 - Dance like a chicken day