Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 5:39 AM
It’s a sultry one here. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-14 5:45 AM
~Record high for us yesterday :roll:

~Got 2 milers and 1 jumper through to State on Sat. 

~My streak continues: I have had a distance runner qualify for State every year that I have coached

~Hope I can get in a run AND lawn mowing before the storms come later today

~ A Royals starting pitcher has allowed nine runs in a game three times this week. Are you effing kidding me?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 5:51 AM
Nice streak to have. :cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:04 AM
Great job and great streak!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 7:41 AM
great streak!

3 pitchers have each allowed 9 runs? And they keep them in??
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-14 7:49 AM
Yeah cuz the bullpen is even worse
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 9:22 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-14 9:29 AM
That's a great coaching streak.  :cool:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 10:11 AM
Hey, Happy Birthday. :happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 5:50 AM
--Vacation was nice but it’s nice to be back home. I missed my dogs. :hug:

--Sarge was super excited to see us. Meadow doesn’t show her emotions as much.

--Going to take my mom to pick strawberries as soon as they’re ripe in exchange for her dog sitting chores. :happy:

--We got our MO refund. :cool: I wasn’t expecting that until October.

--There were only 40 people on the flight from Pensacola to KC. Never had that happen before. Because of FFA regulations and the plane being tail heavy we all had to sit in the first 20 rows. It still wasn’t very crowded.

--Beaches on the Gulf are some of the best I’ve ever been to. Get away from the resorts and they weren’t crowded at all. Saw a school of stingray which was cool and a couple of dolphins. :happy:

--Iowa got a job to custom bale 30 acres of small squares. All he has to do is bale the hay. The landowners will cut, rake and pick up. Should be  2,000+ bales. :cool: He has a crap load of farming stuff to do.

--Forgot my nephew’s birthday. :blush: One of my niece’s birthdays is today and the other is July 1. I think I’m just going to get them all a gift card to Barnes and Noble. My sister hates the kids getting gift cards but I’ll put a note in the card that it’ll be a good activity for them to do with their dad. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:07 AM
Picking strawberries - great reward!

Never heard of that plane rule:wtf:

The gulf beaches are amazing! Where were you? I'll be there in 12 days:cool:

My kids love gift cards because they can shop for themselves. And books? Win win!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:24 AM
We stayed in Pensacola the entire time but one day we went to Gulf Shores and went to Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge and did a 2 mile hike to the beach there. It was nice. Only saw maybe 4-5 people. Then we went to Pensacola beach one evening and that’s where we saw the school of stingray. The next day we wanted to check out where we would be running so we went to Fort Walton Beach and went to John Beasley park. It had a nice pavilion with showers and tables and a very uncrowded beach. We went to Gulf Islands National Park and went to Fort Pickens and hit a couple of beaches there, which were also very unpopulated. I kind of gathered if you stayed away from the resorts you kept away from people. That was nice. :happy: We also went to the Naval Museum and climbed up to the top of the Pensacola lighthouse. Both of those things were well worth visiting. Lots to do without spending a fortune as long as you’re not prone to being sucked in to a bunch of touristy crap.

My sister hates gift cards because she has to take the kids shopping and she does not shop in stores at all. She has EVERYTHING delivered. Life in a big city.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:31 AM
Pensacola is where I went two thanksgivings ago. The beaches are amazing. We will be at St. George Island next weekend! OMG Next weekend! YAY! But it will be our last time there.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 9:23 AM
I was wondering if the annoyance of the kids picking out stuff is part of the gift card problem :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:37 AM
Your Vacay looked really fun
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 7:43 AM
only 40 people - wow! What airline was it? Guessing not a big plane if it flew into Pensacola (didn't even realize you could fly into there)

Why doesn't she like gift cards?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 10:14 AM
SWA. Big plane. Probably usually seats 180 or so. Yep, you can fly there. Airport is super convenient.

My sister does not care to shop. This is someone who orders all her groceries on line and has them delivered to the house. She doesn’t even frequent a grocery store! I told the kids in their cards I’m sending them, to have their dad take them when they’re at his house. :mischief:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 10:59 AM
Hmm might have to look into there sometime
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:29 AM
Sultry. Good word for it. Also known as death by smothering. We had ZERO spring. From 50s to 80s. No time for the body to acclimate. But i'm not cold anymore!:cool::cool::cool:

I have no idea how my team played soccer yesterday. I was in goal and thought I was gonna pass out.:cry:

Inconsistency in my life is what my main number one problem is. I eat healthy and then I don't. I run, then I don't. My kids get to bed on time and then they dont. I take my meds and then I don't. I do laundry.....meh. No i don't:laugh:

12 days until vacation!

I don't think my friend Erica is going to be taking her daughter with us to the new soccer club. :cry: I already miss her.

Next week is the end of school. Probably time to pay for summer camps, don't ya think:wtf::blush::laugh: And I have no money.

This freaking bridge and root canal has seriously F'd up my finances and abilities. Talk about the most damned expensive crouton on the planet.:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad: It has been 5 freaking months and it is still draining me.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-14 6:38 AM
Yeah no Spring here either. Except for the allergies part :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 7:44 AM
Definitely need some time to acclimate I agree

Focus on vacation!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-14 9:30 AM
It was 92 when we were in Tennessee.  I did not handle that extreme change in temps very well at all.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 7:48 AM
Hot and sticky here too. Sat/Sun weren't too bad, Sat was the best. It was hot but cloudy so you didn't get the full effect of the heat

B is obsessed with his water table - and especially the water in it. He likes to just dump the cold water on himself and laugh hysterically :laugh:

Sent him to school in a tank top today since it's going to be almost 90. His arms look so funny in a tank top

He has been saying "mommy" a lot more lately instead of "mama". Took him forever to say mama and now he's skipping right over it

My parents had a lot of fun with him yesterday. He wasn't as shy as usual with them so he had lots of personality to show and they enjoyed it.

My grandma has been bummed lately, to the point that her neighbor actually called my parents to let them know :sad: She said grandma just wasn't acting like herself and said she was bummed out (a friend died, nephew died, and her local beloved golf course is closing) and she was sad. The neighbor said grandma was just sitting there, didn't get up to open the door like usual, didn't want to take a picture, etc very unlike herself :sad: I hate to think of her as sitting around being sad when she's such a vibrant, on the go lady.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-14 7:50 AM
B in a Bro Tank! :grin::cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 8:11 AM
Babies and water tables:laugh:

So sad to hear your grandma is having such a tough time. She is lucky to have caring neighbors though.:hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-14 9:32 AM
It is so weird how hot the weather was there when the kids said we didn't get to 70 even up here all weekend.  :shocker!:  The wind must've been coming off of lake Michigan.  When we were driving home last night there was a 28 degree temperature drop in the last 90 minutes of the drive.  :shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 11:00 AM
a friend was in Ft Wayne Friday and said it was like 45 when she left there and she stopped by my house (so like 1.5-2 hours south) and it was still over 80
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 8:54 AM
A week and a half - no soccer and no rain. This week soccer practices and tournament - thunderstorms 80% everyday except today and going until Sunday.:mutmad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-14 9:37 AM
The high school dismissed at 9:45 today.  Storms came through and the high school lost power, lost WiFi, the fire alarms were blaring and it started flooding to the point 2 hallways were impassable, sewage was backing up and ceiling tiles were falling.  :shocker!: 

And it was senior skip day, so we all know nothing was going to be happening anyway.  :roll::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-14 10:16 AM
Holy cow! :shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-14 10:50 AM
Whoa! That is crazy! They probably won't be at school tomorrow either, with sewage backing up. :shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-14 11:00 AM
:shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs