Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / FriDaily
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-05-11 9:58 AM
Post. 

And don't forget it Mother's Day this weekend.....if you still have a mother, even if she is a nag, please plan on at least calling her.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-05-11 12:02 PM
Planet of fitness routine for me today at lunch. Cute ladies were doing stretches nearby while I did my planks and stretching. I doubt that they were impressed by my yoga poses. I am going to try and squeeze a short run in this evening after my lawn mowing session. It seems like I just mowed the yard. Oh yes, I did 3 days ago. No wonder!

I always send a card and call my mom on Mother's Day so no nagging.
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-05-11 10:04 AM
Half mile run to the gym for circuit training, then a three mile run home.  It wasn't until and hour later that I realized I have 3.5 miles for the day....the decimal is uncomfortable to me.

My mother has been gone for over three years, but I still have two voicemails from her (in which she is nagging me) on my phone.  Since she was basically always nagging me, I find those voicemails very sentimental.  They make my kids laugh hysterically.
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-05-11 10:28 AM
Ending the running day with a .5? :shocker!:    Methinks a 1/2 mile on the TM would be good for you...
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-05-11 11:52 AM
This is Blazer you're talking to after all - she'll probably end the day with a "short" 16.5 mile run to hit that round number.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-05-11 2:34 PM
It's Friday......I have a nice bottle of red which will be opened. I may even share it!
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-05-11 2:41 PM
What time should we all come over?
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-05-11 12:02 PM
The simple solution is to add a half mile to your next run!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-05-11 2:34 PM
I will likely do that!
- - By rob26.2 Date 2018-05-11 10:27 AM
8 miles; 2 with Bogey.  We saw a skunk which drove Bogey crazy. After I brought the dog back home, my additional 6 miles turned into speedwork and a race against lightning. :meh: Some of the run was on a trail in the woods so I felt safe but there a a couple exposed hills that made me real nervous. Saw some spectacular, spider-web lightning across the sky though. It started raining about 5 minutes after I got home. :happy:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-05-11 12:07 PM Edited 2018-05-11 12:10 PM
I was thinking about one of my stormy runs the other day. It was at LH, and I was out on the only open section of the course, a one mile stretch on the pipeline road, when a storm was rolling in. I was so glad to make it into the woods before the lightning and heavy rain hit. It was sort of fun after that.. the trail turned to a splash park and white mountain laurel lit up the storm darkened woods. :cool:

Glad no one got skunked today.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-05-11 11:44 AM
Got to the gym and did hip & shoulder exercises and a 1000 meter swim.  My bad knee was a bit wonky toward the end of spin class last night so I skipped the swimming kick drills I normally do and cut back the distance :meh: 

DS will grill up a storm for a Mother's Day dinner!  DD and her DH will join us.

I had just commented yesterday that there were not many maple tree helicopter thingies falling this year and this afternoon our yard is covered with them :cry:

I got my DW a gift for Mother's Day today and since stuff (jewelry) was on sale I also got her something for our (40th) anniversary next month...since they don't have sales just for our anniversary :roll: 

My mom passed away in 1954.  Her sisters/my aunts that raised us (me and my 2 sisters) have also passed.  My DW's mom passed in 1987.

Going to memorial service for my running club friend this evening.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-05-11 12:09 PM
Sorry about the knee, and your running friend.

Good deal on leveraging the Mother's day sales.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-11 12:08 PM
I had to drive on a field trip today :cry: :laugh::hug: Four kindergarten girls are LOUD.

45 min spin
41 burpees... guess I'll have to move up to 42 soon.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-05-11 12:10 PM
I am disappointed that there is nothing dirty in your post today. Please try harder next time, ok.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-05-11 12:48 PM
I miss field trips. :sad:
- - By nooner Date 2018-05-11 12:19 PM
6 miles

I’m in Winston-Salem, NC for a conveniently timed work trip and a race. My son is running his first half marathon tomorrow and he asked me to come up. I probably won’t run with him, but it will be good to see him finish. I raised him well, the race is part of a craft beer festival so we will enjoy that after the race. His wife and her dad are also running so we have a nice group.

One of my favorite places to run is Salem Lake and it had been a while since I had been out there so that’s where I went this morning. The loop around the lake is 7 miles which is a little more than I’d like to do the day before a half marathon so I stopped when I got to 6 and walked the rest. It was a pretty nice morning, but a little humid. The last time I was here they were working on the dam that makes the lake so the water level was down so it wasn’t as pretty. Today, the lake was full and was very nice. The path is a wide, dirt trail with no roots or rocks to worry about.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-05-11 12:49 PM
Awesome.  Enjoy the race and the post race festivities! :cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-05-11 2:50 PM
It sounds like a great weekend on tap.  Get it -- on tap? :grin: ba-da-ching!  :roll:

Best of luck to your son :cool:
- - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-05-11 2:26 PM
7.5 miles today.  Strength (or in my case, weakness) training this afternoon.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-05-11 2:51 PM
weekness training :grin:  that's a thing now?
- By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-05-11 6:40 PM
3.1 mile pedestrian slalom to Pier 39 and back.  Summer vacation is coming so numerous students were on Exploratorium field trips which meant I dodged hundreds of munckins in motion.  Sore foot is fine.  Nice run

I lost my mom in 1998,  I miss her lots!!!
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-14 9:20 AM
got up and took the doggos for a 3 mile walk w/ mrbarney. then he and I did our insanity dvd - which was awful and Sean T is a jerk.

then we packed and got on a plan to Las Vegas for a fun weekend away. :happy:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / FriDaily