Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Festive Friday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-11 7:23 AM
Happy Friday....Put 'em up.

QOTD:  Sunday is Mothers Day.   Are you doing anything special this weekend?

QOTD #2.   Would you buy "pre owned" running shoes?   (not for mom, for you)
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-11 7:50 AM
A spectacular spring day. Some leftover thunderstorms from Dawn rolled through last evening.   My run was pretty good too.  Perhaps a 6 on GBT 1-10 scale.   Perhaps I'll do a daily on "Rate My Run" some day next week.

More time at the old folks home and a trip to Shirley's cardiologist today.  The insurance battle continues.  Meanwhile, I just want to sit in my backyard and watch the spring birds.   I did wheel Shirley outside yesterday and there is a family of geese, mom dad and 5 goslings, and they came up pretty close.  Fun to watch them graze.  Dad standing guard the whole time. 

Moms Day>  Nothing special this weekend.  But I did pick up a gas weedwacker on a yard sale.  Needs a little work and if I can get it working i can give it to Lynda as an upgrade from the electric one I gave her a few years back.    I am playing pre service music at church on Sunday.  I will play "Let it Be" among the songs.  Mother Mary comes to me.  Many folks think it refers to the Virgin Mary.  But Paul was actually writing about his mom, and her great wisdom. 

Pre owned running shoes.   I was on ebay looking for some Asics GT 2000  13w.  I was surprised how many used shoes for sale.  Some were just barely used, they didn't fit right, others looked like they had a few hundred miles, but they still wanted $35 + $18 shipping!  I would buy some if the condition and price were right.

Way too much time typing all of this.  Gotta go.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-11 9:14 AM
I ran in Charleston after work last night. 4 miles in the mid-80's and bright sunshine. It was hot but not as much a struggle as the run on Tuesday.

I decided to give my legs a rest today. I ran 1 mile on the gym treadmill just to loosen up and warm up for some weight stuff. 

Nothing planned for the weekend. If Cindy's mother is up to it, maybe we'll do something special for lunch.

I don't think I'd buy used running shoes.

5 straight days near 90 predicted here. Going to have to hide indoors until it blows over.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-11 9:22 AM
I sat on the front porch yesterday evening for a little while.  It stays light until after 9:00 so it was nice enjoying the pleasant evening just before it got completely dark.  Makayla came out and joined me.  It is nice to have these moments with her while she is still living at home.  In two weeks she graduates high school, then she will be living in a college dorm in August.

I ran 6 miles this morning.  My right hip has been a little sore this week.  It always loosens up after a mile or two and feels fine. 

Ryan is driving in for Mother's Day.  We don't have anything special planned.

I bought a pair of used running shoes from a guy one time who had run just a few miles in them and did not like them.  They were close to brand new so that worked for me.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-11 9:30 AM
Enjoy your Makayla time - try not to think about August.   And how sweet of Ryan to come home.  Is he spending the summer in his college town?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-11 10:45 AM
Love that porch time!  I was sitting on the front porch posting this morning.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-11 9:29 AM
Dang Illinois weather: We have been mid 80's all week.  Awoke today to high 40's.:shocker!:  Ran into a mom at the garden center who had 2 preschoolers in shorts and tshirts in the cart.  I was in my winter jacket and gloves.  Those kids were turning blue!

Bought a bunch of flowers but will wait for a warmer day to plant them.  Stashed them away in the garage so they don't freeze in the meantime.

Totally skipped my workout yesterday.  Felt like I'd been hit by truck after I finished mowing.  Today  I have a sore throat.  Ah, that explains it; the beginnings of a summer cold.:sad:

No plans for mother's day.  Lisa will draw a cartoon of me.  Amy will forget the day.  It's never been a big celebration at our house though I do look forward to the cartoon images.

I'd buy the shoes if for example it was a friend from my running club and I knew they only wore them once and were non returnable.  I wouldn't gamble with some I'd not seen though.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-11 10:49 AM
PLEASE.   DO NOT SEND US YOUR USED WEATHER.    Please tell me that the mower isn't going to beat you.  I thought of you yesterday while pushing my mower around. 

Will you post you cartoon on FB?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-11 11:12 AM
Deb calls it my "dawnmower":laugh: and I think it won the battle yesterday. 

when Lisa cartoon's me I usually make it my FB profile pic.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Festive Friday