Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thurs 10-May 2018
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-10 8:33 AM
Sure, I'll get us started today.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-10 8:36 AM
Today's plan is flexible. Katy has her school chorus spring concert tonight. Hopefully I can squeeze in a short run before that.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:51 PM
Enjoy the concert!! :cool:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-10 8:47 AM
I woke up around 3:00 to a thunderstorm.  It rained hard.  I never went back to a good sleep.  My alarm went off at 4:00 and I got up.  Ran another 8 miler this morning.  The storm had passed.

I cut the grass last night.  It was such a nice evening to be outdoors. 

This afternoon Melissa and I are getting groceries.  I may sit out on the front porch this evening and read.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:52 PM
Sitting on the porch reading sounds like a fun way to spend the evening!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-10 11:34 AM
Thanks for the start Mark.

I have an eye doctor appointment in a little bit so I figured I better post now while I can still see to type.  Dilated eyes are always fun.  I am going to mow afterwards though.  Might be youtube video moment.:grin:

Really, really good yoga yesterday, planning on more of the same today.  It's great running weather, but life has gotten in the way.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:56 PM
That darn life getting in the way thing.....:mutmad: LOL! Can't wait for the Dawnmower goes wild video!! Get it??? DAWNmower???? Yeah, that's why my son is the comedian in the family and not me!! LOL!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-10 11:47 AM
Clothing Bank delivery day.  Mostly pick ups.  Carried a lot of big trash bags full of clothes.  Hope to cut grass this afternoon.  Rain showers may change that.  Planted church garden last night.  Still playing with insurance and Aunt Shirley. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:39 PM
My road trip brought me to Baltimore. My son finished his PhD requirements and today did his public defense. I am so proud of him. And now the job search begins.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:45 PM
What did he get his PhD in?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:48 PM
Molecular biophysics from Johns Hopkins.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:55 PM
Lisa animated a bunch of study guides for some JH students a couple years back.  I recall she had cholesterol dancing across the page:roll:

So happy for your son, well for your whole family actually.  I'm sure it was a group effort.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:57 PM
Congratulations to you all!! :cool::hug:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:50 PM
No running or walking yet today. It's hot and humid here (have I mentioned how much I dislike hot weather lately???) and I'm going to wait until almost dark to get out there. I'm hoping to get Ray out also, but he went to work early this morning after not sleeping much last night, so we will see how that goes. He hasn't been taking very good care of himself lately and he's several months overdue for a visit with his cardiologist, so I'm a bit concerned. Trying to do what I can. Stubborn man:mutmad:

My house continues to look a bit like a tornado passed through due to Alex having accumulated so much stuff since she lived here before. She's been working hard to get it all sorted out, but with a tiny 3 bedroom house, it's tough! When she was here before, we also knew it was very temporary because she was headed to school and she kept most of her stuff packed up in the garage. We don't know how long this will be, so a lot more of her stuff is in the house. I'm still happy she's here-just wishing there wasn't quite so much clutter to figure out!! On a happy note-Ray's company has offered Alex a job that will go at least through the summer and she's starting next week!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-10 2:53 PM
Yay Alex!   Good to have some income while you job hunt.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 3:00 PM
Thanks, Dawn! It certainly is! She's already made a spreadsheet of everything she needs to pay in order to get back on track with her finances! Hoping this relieves a lot of her stress!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-10 4:16 PM
oh I love a girl with a good spreadsheet!  Tell her I'm rooting for her.:hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-11 7:01 AM
Will do!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-10 3:00 PM
Good for Alex. We drove through Atlanta on Tuesday. Traffic!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-10 3:39 PM
The only thing I complain about more than the summer heat here is the traffic!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-10 5:44 PM
Hey Pam,  I'll bet in Atlanta for 5 days the first week of June.  Hoping maybe an FE with you.   And Jet if she hasn't broken the sound barrier and landed in some unknown distant land.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-11 7:01 AM
Absolutely!! Let's make it HAPPEN!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thurs 10-May 2018