Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wobbly Wednesday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:18 AM
Feels like forever since I've been full-strength.

Be random
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:24 AM
~Definitely lost one XC kid to football. He weighs 100 lbs :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

~"Save our Football Team".......at the expense of every other sport :roll::roll:

~Big Class 4 team called the AD bitching cuz I wouldn't let them in our meet we host that is 90% Class 1 and 2 teams. He told 'em to piss off :laugh::laugh::laugh:

~SO ready for Track to be over and XC to start. Had our team dinner last night.

~Gonna be 90 for Sectionals Sat

~Looks like I have to shag Javelins all day
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-09 6:29 AM
I'm glad your AD backed you up.  :cool:

:sad: on losing members to football.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:35 AM
:laugh::laugh: Good for your AD

:shocker!: OMG 100lbs and is now playing football? I hope he is the water boy. :cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-09 8:30 AM
Glad your AD stood up for you

Don't get impaled by any javelins
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:34 AM
Sitting on hold with Georgia Department of Revenue - wish me luck....I shouldn't be too far back in line. They only opened 22 min ago.

ATLANTA!

UNITED!

A* T* L* A* N* T* A*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Tj's team lost their tournament game last night. They play again tonight. If they lose again, which they will, they are done in the tournament. And for the season. Tj was supposed to go to the ATL UTD game tonight but he is playing instead. Good for him. I hate I'm going to miss it, but dude TIX! They are hard to come by and we have been counting down the days. Sorry bud!

Feeling better about leaving the Y. I wasn't all that worried about it, but I've been a loyal Y person. But they are not geared for the Academy/Select divisions. Real soccer clubs are. Last nights meeting that I caught the last of was just further proof of that.

Wow - I already got a person on the phone! :cool:

Can't wait until tomorrow. I can go for a run and not have to be anywhere. Finally.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-09 6:43 AM
Good luck with the Rev department.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:57 AM
I'm already done and they fixed it all up right. TBH it was my boss's mistake. My engineer boss. He refuses to let me do it and he screws it up twice a year. But the GA DOR is amazing on the phone. They will fix you right up and they do it the first call. If you call them late you will have to wait, but they have always taken great care of me. :hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:44 AM
Hotlanta huh?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:58 AM
We like it hot down here.:cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-09 8:29 AM
Hope you have fun tonight. Does TJ mind you not being there?

Will the new soccer have more travel?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 8:50 AM
He is cool with it. And he'll get to go to the next game and he knows I don't miss often.

Currently our home field is literally 3 miles away and takes 10 min at 6pm to drive to. Granted, because of the redoing the fields in turf, we have spent half this season driving 15 miles to another city, north, away from traffic for all of our practices.

Next season, we will have a 23m drive, INTO the city at 6pm or so. Currently it is a 40 min drive. Three times a week for practices. Round trip. And whoever takes her will have to stay there or we will have to tag team.

I'm currently looking at my MIL because she lives halfway there. We might drop her off for after noons and see if she can take her and I can pick her up. Or, we'll car pool with other players who move over there. It will work out and is worth it.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-09 6:41 AM
*Life has been a whirlwind lately with graduation, Anthony moving, and Marie moving home.  Last track meet on Saturday.  So it will be another traveling weekend.  I hope the hamstring lets Anthony leave his collegiate running on a good note.  It hasn't been cooperating on his runs lately.

*Ellie is limping.  I think our walk yesterday was a little too far for the conditions.  It was just 2 miles but I think her paw pads weren't ready for the heat (79 degrees sunny day).  I feel awful.  It was such a nice day and she was walking so nice.  She could've walked in the grass by the side of the road but chose to stay on the road by me.  :sad:  And she's also grumpy and growly because her paws hurt.  :sad:

*Jonathan got a lead on a job from one of his friends.  We will see, but if it comes through he would be moving as well.  :shocker!:  His job is currently a contract job.  It would be nice to have the security of being a full time employee instead of a contracted one.  I think the place he is at now would eventually hire him.  But they don't seem very organized and who knows how long it would be before that would happen.

*I let my Dad know I paid for his gym membership.  I was prepared for him to be mad.  I was prepared for him to be resentful.  I was prepared for all hell to cut loose.  I wasn't prepared for him to be touched and grateful.  :shocker!::hug:  He wanted to pay me back.  I told him it wasn't about the money, that I just wanted to encourage him to continue because he is doing so well. 

*I need to get a Mother's Day present and a birthday gift for my Dad today because of the weekend traveling.  I usually do outdoor yard stuff.  Hopefully I can find something appropriate without visiting 4 different nurseries.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:43 AM
So awesome about your Dad and the gym! :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 7:03 AM
Good luck for his hamstring:hug::hug:

Poor puppy!

Good for your dad!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-09 8:28 AM
Where is the job Jonathan is considering? Is it near his current one?

That's so awesome about the gym and your dad. How sweet
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-09 10:35 AM
The job Jonathan applied for is near Louisville, so nope, not near us nor his current job.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-10 7:46 AM
aww man
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 7:04 AM
Need stronger glasses. And another pair. :meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-09 8:24 AM
I ran this morning! It was slow and awful and I about died bc I'm out of shape but I did it

Working from home today since I took in breakfast for Benjamin's daycare for teacher appreciation week

Listing stuff on FB Marketplace prior to the garage sale. 1/2 of what I list isn't showing up in public searches. Had this same problem about 2 months ago and then it finally fixed itself. Super annoying! I know I can sell stuff for more $ on marketplace vs a garage sale so I'd like to unload some now

Also annoyed by people who don't read descriptions. It clearly says size or material or other pertinent information yet I'll get questions asking things they should have read in the post.

Another hot day today, I think we're going to go above 80. I've organized B's shorts but haven't actually put them in his drawers since I still needed his warm stuff. Guess it is time to switch over and just keep a few pairs of pants now.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 8:50 AM
Way to go!!!!!!!!:cool::cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-09 10:37 AM
Yay on the run!  :grin::cool:

Bill ran into that when he listed Anthony's vehicle on Craig's list.  Read the descriptions people before you ask questions.  :mutmad::roll:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wobbly Wednesday RTTS