Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wild Wednesday 09 May 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-09 4:35 AM
Morning!

Tell us about your wild days!

Post away...
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-09 5:57 AM
It's the last 13 days of another school year, so "wild" is congruous to the month of May in school.  We are testing this week.  I proctor two 6th grade boys.  Testing is finished by lunch and then it's on with a "normal" school day.  The days always go by quickly though.

Perfect morning for a run.  55F, no wind, no rain, just nice.  8 miles.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:12 AM
I ran with a good group of people last night.  Small turnout, but the weather was challenging so that is probably why.  Next week is the last week we time the run.  The week after that we do a fun run on the course and end with a pizza party.  Amazing to me that this year's challenge is done already.  March/April/May flew by.

Its a rainy day; much needed.  My garden needs the moisture and my house needs me to spend a day inside and tend to it.

MB-tell us about your road trip.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-09 11:12 AM
All the things I told people at work I would have done by the end of 2nd Quarter are coming due :shocker!: I'm already starting to beg for mercy for some of the deliverables.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-09 11:39 AM
when I worked our fiscal year ended in April and our auditors descended (like vultures) in early June.  I am well versed in begging for mercy at this time of year.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:47 AM
I hit the gym this morning. 2 miles on the treadmill and then weights.

Last night's (5 mile) run was something else. Construction on I-64 has simply tied this area in knots. So instead of fighting the traffic I decided to run after work and then drive home an hour later than most people (I hoped).  By the time work ended it was sunny & 80.  That was a killer. My back was sore and stiff from sitting all day and I was having all kinds of different pains up and down my back during the run. Add to that a Wendy's lunch of a cheeseburger and fries and now I am also a little sick to my stomach.

Since there was no sense cutting the run short just to sit in traffic, I plodded along.  For most of the time I ended up using a run 2, walk 1 (minute) system so my stomach and back would have recovery time.  It wasn't until the final mile and a half when I could actually sustain a running motion for longer than 2 minutes.

To top it off, traffic was still pretty bad. I almost didn't make it to the polls in time to vote. I was scared that WV was going to pick a terrible person to run for the senate on the republican ticket so I really wanted to make sure I voted.  Fortunately, he came in third so there was no reason to fear.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-09 7:55 AM
5 miles in afterwork 80's is an accomplishment no matter how much walking it took.   There is something different about afternoon heat.  It might be that it has more car and manufacturing exhaust built up by then.  I don't know.

I walked a bit in every one of my 4 miles last night.  Someone was burning leaves in the 4th mile:mutmad: and I remember being grateful to only have to run 4.  And there you were, finishing 5.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-09 8:14 AM
I feel your pain.  Great job on the vote!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-09 8:21 AM
I sit here in running gear, but no run.  I was set to go, but distracted by emails and phone calls.  We are appealing Shirley's discharge to home.  Boy do I hate this stuff!:mutmad::cry:  I swear that if they beat on you long enough you will go away.  And then there is Verizon too....

Thank you for coming to my pity party.  

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-09 9:55 AM
So far so good.  Verizon finally changed the phone # back to the original #.:grin:  That only took a month.

Had a great conversation with my brother.  The chemo is starting to take it's toll on his body, but his spirits are good.  It helps that the Phillies are playing good baseball.

I'm getting to catch up on fixing some things on the garden rr.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-09 11:09 AM
Its a nice day to be messing around in the yard.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-09 11:07 AM
Sorry to here about the troubles with Aunt Shirley.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-09 11:04 AM
2.62 miles yesterday.

Today is a rest day - in more than one way. I left work at lunch because I am feeling very drained. I think I'm at that pre-stage before a massive sinus headache. We'll see if it actually develops.

Meanwhile, I am making phone calls back-and-forth between my oncologist and my gastroenterologist on the timing of a CAT scan. If I blindly did what both want I'd be getting two CAT Scans within about 4 months of each other - which does not sound reasonable at all.

Mark.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-09 11:37 AM
I bet your insurance company could get your doctors in agreement in a big hurry.  No way they want to pay for 2 scans.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-09 1:00 PM
I got 2 cats that can scan you, and Dawn can probably hook you up with a bunch more cats.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-05-09 1:09 PM
back from Florida. 5 days of great weather, food, beaches, Sam, no kids.
2.03 miles today. still recovering.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-09 3:55 PM
Sam and no kids ? Well that explains why you've been too busy to post.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-09 4:09 PM
Touche'
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wild Wednesday 09 May 2018