Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Scar issue
- - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 8:36 AM
So.  I think I posted before that my two surgery scars are fine.  However, the area where the incorrectly size boot rubbed my raw and in addition caused a bed sore sucks.  It is probably 3 inches long and it's raised nearly an inch.  It is like gross scar tissue and is not a blister filled with fluid.  My PT had done some Graston on it.  I apply vit E and hydrocortisone to it.  I was told to massage it.  I'm having issues with ROM of my big toe and again the PT said it could be this scar tissue as it is right on the tendon that goes to the big toe.  I had to take DS1 to his doctor about 2 weeks ago.  His doctor noticed it and said it was nasty.  He suggested I go to a doctor and get PRP done to it.  Any advice on what to do with it?  I'll have a huge, ugly scar regardless but I'd like for it not to be so raised and limit my movement.  Oh and with PRP he said something about my own plasma :cry:.  I hate any sort of blood related thing.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-08 9:32 AM
Can you have a plastic surgeon look at it? It seems like they would be able to make the scar less apparent and the function better, and if it is for function insurance might even cover it.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 9:40 AM
I will need to figure out if any/what ones are covered under my insurance as for sure I'd like to start with anything that is covered under insurance first.  Things like plastic surgery and cosmetic dentistry in this area often accept no insurance as MOST people using/wanting it have the excess income for it.
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-05-10 11:27 AM
Try Mederma and if you have raised scar tissue massage it daily.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Scar issue