Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Terrific Tuesday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-08 6:41 AM
It is a terrific day!  Post em.

QOTD:  I don't know what National Day it is.  If you were king, it would be National __________ Day.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-08 6:51 AM
The weather is terrific, wish my run had been as good.  It had to be be one of the most challenging in a while. 

Another full day.  Pick up more clothing, work on garden at church, a fine day for Duck In, and the ever popular unexpected curve ball. But.... Fresh homeade strawberry shortcake for dinner tonight.:grin:

Today should be "Everybody take the day off" Day.  It is so nice outside.  But I guess that day off is not fair to hospital workers, first responders, and so on.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-08 8:35 AM
If I were king it would be National Lilac day and everyone would receive a free one in full bloom.  They smell so pretty.

Day 4 of gorgeous weather; lots of sun, no humidity, little bit of a breeze.  The kind of day if you are brave you can wear shorts but if you prefer a sweatshirt and jeans you won't roast.

Low 80's by late afternoon though for our club run.  I'm taking a cooler of popsicles and leaving it at the finish line.  I should probably put note on it to leave me one as I'm planning to finish last.:laugh:

Tom - the Amtrak was 2 hours and 53 minutes late.  But once they calculated that, it was spot on.  EXACTLY 2 hours and 53 minutes!:laugh:  Amy said she had wonderful food, enjoyed her dining companions, spent hours in the observation car and can't wait to do it again.  She got a kick out of the porters shaking people awake so they wouldn't miss their stops.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-08 9:35 AM
I just read that it is national coconut cream pie day.  If we'd only known........
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-08 10:31 AM
Can I go back and edit?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-08 10:36 AM
Our railroad forum is full of stories about trains being late because of freight trains.  The current head of Amtrak used to head Delta Airlines.  He wants to do away with dining car chefs and go with mostly cold box lunches and airline type meals heated up. :cry:

Keep that beautiful weather coming.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-08 11:27 AM
no, no , no!  She had sweet potato gnocchi with spinach in cream sauce for dinner.  On the return trip she had fancy pancakes and coffee.  Other than the "characters" she met, the food was the best part.  I hope the guy doesn't get his way.  I hope he polls his customer base before he pushes through nasty airline food.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-08 11:28 AM
Did 2.7 miles yesterday. I really need to chill and sop pushing the distance or I'm going to end up injured and angry with myself.

2.3 miles on the menu for today.

Mark.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-08 12:26 PM
Thank you for stopping this daily from becoming the Dawn and Tom show.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-08 12:56 PM
Is that available on Netflix?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-08 12:10 PM
National "Capture the Ball" Day.  A game I've taught the kids this week.  They love it and I enjoy watching them play it. 

8 miles this morning, as usual.  It's getting light out the last couple of miles of my run now.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-08 12:26 PM
:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-08 4:10 PM
On a road trip. More details later.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-08 5:57 PM
Hello. Went into the office today. Ran 5 along the Kanawha River outside the office after work. Then took the slow drive home, stopping to vote on the way.

If I was king for a day it would be ... I can't think of anything. I'm too zapped.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Terrific Tuesday