Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday dailies are here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-05-08 4:56 AM
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-05-08 4:58 AM
Monday I got in a 55 minute walk out on the trail. I want this bone to knit in a hurry. My running shoes at least want to be worn even though I can’t run. Foot is still bruised. :mutmad:  Dang!
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 8:19 AM
All in good time.  Glad you can get a nice walk in.  Sometimes I honestly enjoy a nice trail walk/hike more than a run.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-08 10:04 AM
:hug: so hard to be patient but it will be worth it.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-05-08 6:38 AM
I made the mistake of looking at the weather forecast -- no rain in sight, but it's supposed to be 90 by the weekend. :cry:  Any speed I had went away with the cool weather, so I ran a slow 5 this morning.

Good news is that A is out of the hospital!  She was released late yesterday afternoon.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 8:20 AM
Glad A is out of the hospital.  Is anyone staying with her or is she at your house?  Our cool weather went away a long time ago :sad:.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-05-08 9:09 AM
She's out at our house.
yay for A being out of the hospital!!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-08 11:30 AM
Good news about A. :happy: Great work on the 5 mile run. Sorry about the impending heat.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 8:18 AM
I ran for 45 minutes.  My longest run in well a few years.  I'm guessing over 4.5 but not quite 5 miles.  I started the run when it was 76 degrees and ended when it was 81 degrees.  I love running in the heat :laugh:.  I'm sad I missed Florida parka weather (aka when it's 60 degrees or below - why yes I saw people out WALKING dogs in long parkas, hat, and gloves and the it was 62 degrees and sunny) for running.  I also have to squeeze them in randomly so usually it's at bad times like late morning or in the afternoon.  Still better than the dreadmill to me. 

I do not know protocol but I want to post a running question.  What temp/weather do you like for racing?

marathon: 45 - 50 degrees, little sun or a fully shaded course

half marathon or less: 35-40 degrees, little sun or fully shaded course

I can usually suck up a decent 5K in hot, hot weather but beyond that I fall apart.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-05-08 9:21 AM
Nice run!  Not such nice weather, though. : pbbt:

I really don't race.  I've only run two races in the past 8 years or more. :laugh:  Still, I'd say for running in general I prefer as close to freezing as possible.  20s and 30s are preferable, but teens and 40s are ok.  I feel so much better when it's below 50.  For long runs, cloudy can be nice because rapidly rising temperatures can make it hard to dress appropriately.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 9:38 AM
Now that I think about it.  I'd probably prefer 35-45 for a marathon.  I prefer to wear shorts and a tank or tshirt.  For marathon distance I'm much slower and don't get nearly as warm.
great job on the 45 min run!!

marathon: 50 degrees, overcast or mostly cloudy

half marathon or less: about the same :laugh: I don't love cold weather, but over 60 for any race is ugh.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-08 11:29 AM
Great work on the 45 minute run! It's an excellent accomplishment. :cool:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-08 9:34 AM
Swim this morning. I didn't want to be there when I got there and I wanted to stay when it was time to leave. I have some knee niggles (probably from a twisted ankle last week) so I did a lot of pulling and not much kicking.)
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-05-08 9:40 AM
I can't say I've ever really wanted to stay longer during a swim : pbbt:.  Glad you enjoy swimming though!!!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-08 10:03 AM
glad your workout turned out to be enjoyable! Hope the knee niggles resolve.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-08 11:32 AM
Best wishes for the knee. I can identify with the "not wanting" both ways. :happy:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-08 10:02 AM
will get out for 5 shortly. About to submit my 2nd of 3 end of semester papers and want to get it DONE, then have my run as a reward. Almost there! gorgeous day - the weather all week looks awesome.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday dailies are here