Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 7-May
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:51 AM
Happy Monday!

Post whatever.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:53 AM
Interesting day at work today. They are moving us around to consolidate teams. I am sure much good work will be done today.

2.2 mile run is today's plan.

Got the Research paper done. I hope we make an 'A' :)

Now to start on the oral presentation.

Mark.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-07 8:31 AM
State testing has begun today in my school district.  I have the duty of proctoring two 6th grade students.  I basically read the questions and other parts of the test to them.

I watched the Kentucky Derby race on Saturday from my living room.  What a muddy mess!  I don't know much about horse racing and not really interested, but every year Melissa and I watch the one race on Derby day.

It was a nice 55F this morning.  Another 8 mile run completed.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-07 9:26 AM
Katy had her standardized tests last week. I think today is "Pajama Day". *shrug*

Martha raised (and showed) horses when she was growing up, so we get to watch all three Triple Crown races.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:11 PM
We had pajama day one day last week.  Seeing the kids in PJ's is one thing; seeing a male teacher in pajamas is a bit disturbing.  It wasn't me.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-07 11:44 AM
I know that there was a moose jealous of horses getting to run in the mud.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-07 9:51 AM
A disastrous day at the animal shelter.  Too many kitties, not enough room, not enough litter boxes, not enough cleaning supplies.   Spay and Neuter  PLEASE.

Will be picking up Amy at the Amtrak station today.:happy:  The time of day remains to be seen.  Currently running 2 hours late.  Amtrak is an exercise in patience.

I might fit in some cycling, yoga for sure.

Happy Monday all.  And Good Luck Mark and Katy on your research paper/presentation.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-07 10:45 AM
Katy has been doing some volunteering at Faithful Friends helping to socialize kittens.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-07 11:46 AM
Amtrak is an exercise in patience.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-07 11:50 AM
Currently as of 1 min ago moving 42.1 mph through eastern Iowa....2h 40min late:cry:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:29 PM
she sent me an email that they had to move over to let a freight train pass.  Sat there for over an hour.:cry:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:14 PM
Amtrak Amy.  Back home for another summer. :happy:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-07 11:54 AM
Today was going to be a workout on hills but I didn't sleep well and got up late so I ended up jogging 3 miles just so I wouldn't do nothing 2 days in a row.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:13 PM
Sounds good to me.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:12 PM
My head is spinning and I want to shoot myself in the foot.  No run this morning.

Clothing Bank... Picked up mountains of clothing this weekend delivered one mountain, still have small mountain on front porch. pick up another Big mountain tomorrow. 

Homeless man.  Living in woods.  Dad got drunk, tried to stab him.   I had to hook him up w/ tent, tarp, backpack etc.

Motown the Musical.  At Playhouse in Wilmington by National Touring Company.  Extremely well done.  Much more than a review.  Dinner in the diner was finer than expected.  Only open a couple weeks. 

Verizon:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

Make it a great day.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:19 PM
Poor guy in the woods.  Glad he had you to help him out.  I was told last week about a man a few miles from me who has been living in a barn.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:32 PM
I recently learned of 2 different instances of high schools girls being kicked out of their homes.  In each case, mom had a new boyfriend.....

One of my neighbors took one of the girls into their home.  Another neighbor farther down the street helped the other girl secure some housing; they even co signed a lease.

On the one hand, what is the world coming to?  On the other, I thank God for those who help out.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-07 3:14 PM
Our house was always open.  We hosted any number of teens.  A couple were almost like daughters.   Still have one (she's 32) who has lived here 5 years now.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-07 12:30 PM
Tom, I can see your angel wings sprouting from here.:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 7-May