Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:19 AM
be random and hot
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:32 AM
--I was feeling about as creative as Gregg (Monday RTTs) so that’s why I didn’t post first. : pbbt:

--Blister on my hand from too much weed eating. I should have left it alone. :cry:

--Doing a study for some face cream and clinical strength deodorant. I’m good with receiving a product, using it and getting reimbursed with gift certificates of some sort. :happy:

--Went in Sunday for a massage. She more than makes it worth my time to go in for her. :cool:

--MJ’s party went well. She was completely surprised. Giraffe cake and piñata full of mini bottles of alcohol were a hit. :wink:

--Sarge was barking uncontrollably last night. :meh: Iowa got up, wandered around outside with a flashlight and gun checking things out. Didn’t find anything out of the ordinary. Talked to Sarge a little bit...like “go to bed, be quiet”...came back in and we never heard another thing out of him. :roll: I hope this doesn’t become a habit. :roll:

--We leave tomorrow evening for Florida. :grin:

--Of course, we have a million things to do before we leave. :meh:

--My mom came out last night for dinner and an in service with the dogs. Sarge was really good with her. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:36 AM
Cake looked awesome! :cool:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:42 AM
And, it made it to KC in one piece without too much cosmetic damage. :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:53 AM
:laugh::laugh:I was thinking the same. I thought 'well I can't think of anything, maybe some one will beat me to it":laugh::laugh:

Your cake was so cute! Good job!

Sarge - Family saved #2,990 times....no treat. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 6:55 AM
Sounds like some good product testing to me!

Wow FL already - awesome! enjoy
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-07 8:20 AM
I'm glad the party went well.  The cake looked great!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:35 AM
~District Championships Saturday and it was hot as balls. 85 and full sun. 7 kids qualified to move on to sectionals. District Champion in both men and women's 1600.

~I tried to mow yesterday in the heat and could only do about 1/4 of the yard. WTF? This sickness has made me fragile

~My brain feels like it's moving at about 1/2 speed. S and I both think we had a little heat exhaustion Sat.

~Had a bit of a med emergency at the meet, one girl passed out just standing next to our tent.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:43 AM
It takes a while to kick steroids. While they help in so many ways they equally beat you up. :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 6:56 AM
Congrats to your team members

That sounds miserable. We were out Sunday in full sun and it was only low 70s and that was too much
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:15 AM
How hot are balls:wtf:

Seriously, how hot was it this past weekend!:shocker!:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-07 8:21 AM
I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon.  I'm sure the heat exhaustion didn't help anything.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:41 AM
I'm never hot.

Long weekend.

Rip was supposed to have two games. But a girl on the opposing team broke her leg horribly on a 50/50 no-foul play. Just seriously bad luck. So that game was called early. The same team was supposed to be our second opponent so they obviously weren't up for playing so there is the finale to the soccer season. Kind of like the rest of the season. What a horrible way for it to end, too. The poor girl had to have an ambulance. She couldn't be moved. It was horrible. I feel so badly for her. No one did anything wrong, it just happened. And i feel so badly for our player who was the defender. She did nothing wrong but was so upset about it, of course. They are 9.  She felt so bad but there was nothing else she could do. She did her job. She did nothing wrong and the same play will happen another 1000 times without an injury. I hope the defender doesn't quit soccer because of this.:sad:

Watched the derby. Always fun. Don't like the winner:roll: Wanted 6 to win. He looked like my Teddy.:hug:

Took kids to see the Braves on Sunday. Much better game this time. Tj ate a slice of pizza the size of a penant flag. Then promptly fell asleep in my lap. For an hour:laugh: He missed at least 2 innings. :laugh: All of his team was shocked watching him sleep with all the stuff going on:laugh: I will say, walking the field was amazing. What a need perspective you get.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:45 AM
Yikes! What is the deal with all of the medical emergencies this weekend?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:16 AM
We should have all just had margaritas, fajitas, and sat in the shade with our summer fans
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 6:58 AM
Ouch on the soccer girl, that sucks for all involved.

Can TJ teach B to fall asleep in my arms :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:17 AM
Tj is quite the snuggler, IF you can get him to be still. Which is why he never snuggles at night. But morning I get snuggles from him because he is already sleepy.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 8:19 AM
Eat a pound of pizza, don't share with your mom, then wipe it all on your mom's white shorts while getting comfy, fall asleep.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-07 8:23 AM
:cry: on the soccer girl.  What a horrible end to the season for everyone, but most especially her and the defender.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 9:59 AM
Yeah, i wish I could take those moments out of her memory. :cry:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-05-08 4:42 PM
I'm never hot.

:mutmad: Don't even

<jealous> and always hot
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-09 6:20 AM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 7:01 AM
This weekend was warm. Tried to take B to a park yesterday but with full sun the slides were super hot. Had to take him off which did not go well but I didn't want him burning his legs.  Surprisingly there were tons of kids, though mostly older so they probably don't care as much.

I can't believe how different B looked after his hair cut. Of course getting it cut was a nightmare as he threw a fit just trying to be sat down in the chair, and finally M had to hold him and he still squirmed and cried and put up a fight. Ugh.

We got ice cream afterward because it was next door and I wanted it :blush:  M got a milkshake and B took a loooooong dring and was like "wa wa" (water) and then kept asking for more. Honey that is not water :laugh: I swear he drank like 1/4 of the shake and I was like umm don't let him have anymore so I gave him tiny bites of my ice cream.

Really wanted to run this weekend, had planned to put B in the stroller and run in the morning but when push came to shove I just didn't want to. I need to start running with the stroller again.

I'm signed up for a 5K in a month. At least I know I can run that far but probably not much further :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:03 AM
Now I want ice cream!

Who am I kidding, I ALWAYS want ice cream :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 8:51 AM
me too!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-07 7:27 AM
Milkshakes! Yummy!

I used to always have kids in pants because of hot slides. That usually solved the problem.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 7:28 AM
I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I'd honestly not thought about it before.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-07 8:05 AM
What a good mom. Substitute ice cream for a milkshake for your toddler. Makes total sense. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 8:52 AM
well at least it was a smaller portion that way : pbbt: Otherwise it would be him crying
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-07 8:25 AM
Hair cut trick that worked for us - while M holds him, you dole out M&Ms super slowly.  Maybe hide one in a hand and make him guess, anything to prolong the doling out.  Usually they get so interested in the M&Ms they forget about the hair cut entirely.  :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-07 8:52 AM
oh good idea! I did give him one of his healthy cookies which usually takes a while to eat but of course in his anger he just shoved the whole thing in his mouth and then looked like he was foaming at the mouth. Even the haircut person was like :shocker!:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-07 10:22 AM
Every haircut person deserves an experience like that which she had with Benjamin. : pbbt::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTS