Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky Derby Day 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-05 5:33 AM
Another day to celebrate!   You have a choice!

What are your weekend plans?

Post, post, post
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-05 5:45 AM
Good Morning! Busy weekend here. Hopefully, we will get Alex out of the hospital in a little while and immediately pick up a small Uhaul to drive to her apartment (just under 2 hours away) to pack up and move her back to our house. I just can't wait to get her out of that hospital!

Probably won't get in any real walking or running today, but should get plenty of exercise with the move.

I was so happy to hear that Lee and Rick are safe in Hawaii.

Y'all have a great day! Someone have a Margarita for me!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-05 5:55 AM
pace yourself.  Moving day is exhausting.  Best wishes for Alex getting back to normal.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-05 8:02 AM
Glad you heard from Rick and Lee.  I was wondering about them.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-05 8:25 AM
So, 4 hours driving as well as packing/unpacking. That will be a long day indeed.

I hope everything goes smoothly.

Never understood that about hospitals. They will never tell you when you will be released, but as soon as they do, they seem to want you out ASAP. But you really couldn't plan ...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-05 5:48 AM
No book study this morning so I went to the park and ran an easy 3 in a light rain. Now, I'm waiting until 8:00 to go get breakfast at a local place. I thought Cindy would go with me but she just walked by, still in her pajamas, and said she doesn't feel like going out. So I guess it's just me.

No plans for the weekend.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-05 5:55 AM
a weekend with no plans; just wait to see how it unfolds.  perfect.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-05 8:20 AM
I wish it would go ahead and rain here to wash some of the pollen out of the air.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-05 6:00 AM
I've got outdoor plans all day; mowing, moving some shrubs, planting some more stuff, running.

Unfortunately I've spent the last hour at the kitchen table fighting with windows 10.  Grr.  But there's coffee.:happy:

Had a big time at the Amtrak station waiting for the train with Amy.  We got there early of course and had time to go for ice cream.  She was nervous about the trip and the station agent was so nice.  She was the only passenger to get on and he walked her out across the tracks and nearly delivered her into the arms of her porter.  Waiting to hear from her this morning.  She was excited for dinner in the dining car.  All I know so far is they lost an hour crossing Iowa.....

All citrus juices are thumbs up on the kidney stone diet.  I sense a margarita on the patio tonight.:happy:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-05 8:27 AM
Fighting with Windows elevates both your pulse and blood pressure, so counts as XT.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-05 9:13 AM
darn tootin'!!!:mutmad:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-05 8:18 AM
I'll go run around the park while Katy is taking her riding lesson. I'm not sure about the distance, it is in the 2 mile range. I've charged up the GPS to check it.

Then we have Mayfair - the annual fundraiser for Katy's school.

I haven't been told what else is on the schedule.

Might go to the local Mexican place for dinner tonight.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-05 11:51 AM
2.51 miles.

The nice thing about a slow pace is that stopping take a picture doesn't actually make you any slower :laugh:

A seasonal song.

Its the most mucus-y time of the year.
The snot will be flowing,
Your nose you'll be blowing
As eyes water and tear.
Its the most mucus-y time of the year.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-05 12:37 PM
I love your music.:happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-05 1:07 PM
My video workout, plank and pushups are done!

I am anxious to see the results of "the race for the rest of us." 

The annual fire department is this evening but I don't know if we will go.  We have eaten out for the past 2 days and that is just too much for me.  And tomorrow we are celebrating an early Mother's Day lunch with friends.  Plus my meals for the next 10 days or so, will be restaurant foods.  So I would rather stay in.  I'll see what my husband wants to do.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-05 3:35 PM
It is tough to eat restaurant food for that many days.  But the thrill of a road trip outweighs it I think.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-05 8:43 PM
Yep!  We are packing our lunches for the first 2 days so that will help.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky Derby Day 2018