Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Thread for the bread - ETA NEW CAR!
- - By mutiger [us] Date 2018-05-04 7:11 PM
SO that Landrover LR3 has crossed 12 yrs 120,000 miles. I still love that car even though it is my wife's and she complains about it :roll:

Issues:
Sometimes stops randomly
Will not pass state inspection :laugh:
Tires are the other usually remediable bullshit for it to pass inspection.

Now, to take a rough guess it is probably worth 5-7K for a trade in (dont know what not passing inspection will do to that value). To get all the codes fixed and get it to pass, new tires etc, we are also talking 6-7K.
The paint is bearable, but the top of the dashboard is all (heat) cracked, I could get it replaced. Also needs new remotes since women with nails kill rubber remote buttons and she blames it on our son. Each remote is about $375.

What would the bread do?
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-05-05 10:37 AM
New car.
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2018-05-06 12:36 PM
:mutmad: the bread is a new car whore and the automobile companies' delight :mutmad:
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-05-06 1:33 PM
We were parked in a lot and a truck backed into our car. It's a work colleague so awkward...
Huge dent on the rear top side. Took it in for an estimate - they would have to replace the entire side panel. Estimated cost - $5000. :shocker!:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-05-06 4:51 PM
New car.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-07 12:36 PM
which new car?
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2018-05-07 12:09 PM
Work colleague (or his insurance) owes you $5000.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-05-07 6:43 PM
Exactly. Fuck awkward.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-05-08 12:47 AM
Colleague's insurance is covering it, with work covering the deductible cause he was working at the time - even more awesome.

The car may not be worth much more than that and we were planning to trade it in soon - drives fine but we need more space (hmph. I like our compact size.) so without getting it fixed we can't trade it in. we'd all have been better off if he'd just totaled it. : pbbt:
- - By mutiger [us] Date 2018-06-11 8:33 AM
SO the landrover finally gave in. More and more stuff started failing. Fixing bare minimum stuff was going to be 5K. So we started looking at new cars starting again with another Landrover, but the new Discovery is fugly, and my wife wanted the Range Rover (not even the Range  Rover evoque, Velar or Sport - She wanted the full blown rangerover which when priced with options would come out to 120K :shocker!:)
We went to the BMW dealer next door, she was happy with the X5, but then I went for the eDrive plugin hybrid X5 with M package...and now she is the owner of that. Got 3K trade in value for the LR3 :meh:
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2018-06-11 8:43 AM
3k :wtf::cry:
Isn't that like your standard trade-in value? Especially when you're buying an X5 with all the whistles.

I'd be happy with an X5 with M package too :hug:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-06-11 2:19 PM
Nice choice. The latest BMW SUVs are VERY nice. My boss recently purchased an X3 M240i. Wow. It's an impressive car.
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-06-11 2:22 PM
Nice! BTW, you should visit here more often.
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2018-06-14 8:31 PM
I try :hug:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Thread for the bread - ETA NEW CAR!