Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Has Arrived
- - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 6:43 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 6:46 AM
Classes this morning and yoga this afternoon. Book sale later.:grin:

Doc said not to start running until there is no pain.He told me to walk slowly and rhythmically, heel to forefoot, not using the toes. He said that way I will slow down and won’t develop a limp. (I am like a scurrying rodent.) I can walk, do the elliptical, stationary bike and Yoga. He said that the kind of break I have (not straight across the bone) can slide apart and get worse if I’m not cautious. I’m going for a re-X-ray next week and that should give me an idea how it is healing.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By stormcatcher (celebrate with me) Date 2018-05-04 8:18 AM
Sounds like you get to do a nice variety of things. I love walking. :blush: Lots of years with Border Collies, I guess. Hope everything heals up and you can get back to running.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 3:13 PM
Thank you. :hug: I'm grateful that I can walk.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-04 8:20 AM
I'm glad you can still do some things, and that you can walk outside, now that we finally have some good weather. Be good to yourself. :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 3:15 PM
Thanks :hug: I'm used to literally living in my Adrenalines and arch supports. The legs ache without them. I had no idea how much they helped me.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-05-04 2:35 PM
Enjoy the book sale!

Taking it slow while your toe heals sounds like a good plan.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 3:17 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Slowing down is so hard. Who knew? :laugh:
Book sale was great and I got 4 nice books. :happy:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-05-04 6:52 AM
'Morning.  I ran 5.4 kinda slow.  It is too warm and humid for my taste. :meh:  I'm also tired and a bit achy, but I guess that's about normal.

Mom is taking the nieces to visit A in the hospital this morning, so there might be a few hours of peace and quiet here.  Maybe I can get some cleaning done. :laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 7:40 AM
Great work on the 5.4 miler. Slow is totally ok. Hope things calm down for you. :happy:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-04 8:19 AM
yep, the heat has arrived. I'm sure it's worse down by you. Good job slugging through the run.

Tired. Always tired. Isn't adulthood fun? :laugh: I hope you can get some quiet today. :hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-04 8:19 AM
Yesterday I ran 4 hottttt miles - waited too long to get out there - and went on a 3.5 mile hike with some other doc students and faculty, as a kind of end of semester celebration thing. We went out to a brew pub afterwards and I was a little sad to be sitting there sipping on a Diet Coke while everyone else drank yummy looking Saisons and wheat beers - perfect on a super hot day - but I consoled myself with some sweet potato fries and spinach-artichoke dip :laugh:

5 miles this morning. Still pretty warm out there, but rain is rolling through later and then we have a 10 day forecast of high 60s/low-mid 70s, so no complaining from me! 

weekend plans: P and I are heading up to NYC overnight tomorrow to see my bro, SIL, and nephew. They just moved (well, they moved in February :laugh:), and I still haven't seen their new digs. We will most definitely engage in taco eating and (virgin, for me) margaritas to celebrate America's second favorite non-American holiday (First favorite is of course st Patricks day), Cinco de Mayo. RR this weekend: I plan to run 9 tomorrow am, before we head up to NYC.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-05-04 2:36 PM
I hot run is no fun, but I'm jealous of your rain and cool down.  We're getting neither. :meh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 3:19 PM
Great work on the runs. I must try sweet potato fries sometime.
Have a great weekend and Cinco de Mayo.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-04 9:52 AM
Did a 45 min yoga class in my hotel room last night. I didn't have a yoga strap (I brought my yoga towel, but not mat) so I used a towel. It was hard to hold onto because it was so thick. I think I need to bring my strap next time. I doesn't take that much space. It did feel good after a day of sitting in meetings and eating a lot of simple carbohydrates.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-05-04 2:37 PM
I saw you asking on FB about an improvised yoga strap.  I've never used one, so I'm no help. :laugh:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-05-04 3:18 PM
Yeah, I'm impressed at how many people responded to that, and how many repeated suggestions that others had made.:laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-04 3:21 PM
Great work on the yoga. It also is good to get in some stretches after meetings. :happy:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Has Arrived