Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 03 May 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 6:33 AM
Thirsty Thursday!

Do you have a hankering for a special beverage?  Doesn't have to be alcoholic.  Say a malt, milkshake, coffee, tea, maragarita, etc?

Post away!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:31 AM
Love my coffee.  Preferably at the kitchen table with my girls.

Strangely milkshakes are on the ok list for the kidney stone diet.  I had one at Dairy Queen last Sunday.  Did you know there is no cocoa in a chocolate shake at DQ?  Learn something new every day.

We received rain, glorious rain last night.  And the temps have dropped back to normal and the pollen is gone so it is a good day.  Soon I'll be out there doing war with dandelions and pruning my roses.  My knee feels pretty good today too.  yep, a good day.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:46 AM
You know a nice, thick creamy milkshake sounds really good.  No cocoa in the  DQ chocolate shake?  So how can it be called chocolate?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:39 AM
1.4 miles on the agenda for this evening. My new running shoes arrived yesterday, so I'll get to take them for a spin tonight.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:46 AM
New shoes!  Bet you can't wait to try them out.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:48 AM
I did my 4.0 mile PW this morning under cloudy skies.  Rain keeps threatening but nothing yet.  Maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the day!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-03 12:24 PM
I downed a bottle of water after my 8 mile run this morning.  It was 70F at 4:30 AM.

My beverage choices have changed through the years.  Growing up it was sweet iced tea.  In college, tea and soft drinks.  I rarely drink tea now and never soft drinks.  Mostly water.  Coffee in the morning.  I still love the occasional chocolate milk.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 4:14 PM
It is now 88 degrees - hot! 

I drink iced tea, coffee and water.  Ice cold chocolate milk is a real treat after a long run.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:46 PM
4:30am ??????????????????????   Whoa, Way To Go!!!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-03 1:59 PM
Just checking in on a very full day.  Off to nursing home now.  My neurologist is ordering more test.  Clothing deliveries this morning was so good.  Driving all around Wilmington looked beautiful.  Even beauty in the ugly part of town.

I am trying an iced coffee now.  I normally don't drink it, but there was some leftover Ethiopian coffee in the pot from breakfast.  It smelled so good, but I did not want to nuke it.  Made ice coffee.  I like it hot better.   I may have to play with this. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 4:19 PM
Tom

I just admire all that you do.  You are the most generous, giving, spiritual person I know.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 4:32 PM
Dawn and Pam

Thought you would find the article below interesting.  Carson Daly also opened up about this earlier this year.

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/03/ryan-reynolds-details-struggle-with-anxiety/
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-03 6:30 PM
Went to the office today. Stopped at the gym on the way home. ARC trainer and weights.

Road construction is horrendous. I'm using the time to listen to books that I'm interested in. I stick to the side and back roads but I think everyone was doing that today. There have been multiple accidents around the construction with three deaths and it's only been going on for a few weeks.

I'm taking tomorrow off work. Hopefully run a little extra in the morning, and then relaxing.
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 6:36 AM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  I truly had an enjoyable day.  Walked, had lunch with friends and then dinner with my husband.  The cherry on the cake though was when I received a phone call from a very special little boy!  Well he is a man, but to me, he will always be my little boy.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-03 12:19 PM
For years my mother and my daughter Katy have had a running joke about  my mom calling me her "Baby Boy". Of course, now that she is a pre-teen who thinks she is 20, she may just roll her eyes.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-03 4:13 PM
A Mother's Love :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 03 May 2018