Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / What's with all the running? No Letters or Opines?
- - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 6:24 AM
:meh::meh::meh:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-03 6:51 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 8:05 AM
am i right??
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-03 10:01 AM
Yeah, there's been no needing popcorn or anything lately :wink:: pbbt:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-05-03 7:56 AM
I know. Running is the last thing I want to discuss. :roll:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 8:04 AM
what would you like to discuss?
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-05-03 8:11 AM
Um well I don't really like to talk about anything but my kid anymore.
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 8:12 AM
awww how's the big man doing? from the pics i see on other sites, he looks to be doing awesome?

but how are you?
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-05-03 11:40 AM
He's doing great he's so cute he just kills me! He's started talking about himself in sentences so he'll be like "m'go playgwound?" and it's the best! He's climbing a bit more now too which is terrifying.

I'm good my main complaint is that I'm tired all the time but I think I've been complaining about that my whole life. : pbbt: How are you? :hug:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 11:44 AM
awww. :hug: enjoy it while you can....it goes by fast.

You'll be tired for a while. I think that is the norm. : pbbt:

I'm just peachy. :grin::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-05-03 11:45 AM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - By callie [ca] Date 2018-05-03 6:08 PM
He’s so cute. :hug:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:33 AM
That's what happens when you let the peeps from the marathon forum in here.:roll:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 8:35 AM
i think it has more to do with the exodus of the L&O regulars which I put squarely on the shoulders of the one with the facial hair. :grin:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-05-03 2:48 PM
It was a joke. I'm one of the marathon forum peeps.: pbbt:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 6:37 PM
oh i got it but i wanted to take a cheap shot at The Beard
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:27 PM
He does have a big giant target on him
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2018-05-04 4:11 AM
I actually was primarily a marathon forum poster too.
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 8:34 AM
I don't have any opines I feel that need to be shared at the moment.

I probably could write a letter/note about what is going on in my world but I don't feel like rehashing it. I'll just say that I'm ready to have some fun, whatever that may be.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-03 10:05 AM
You deserve some fun! :mischief:
What's coming up? Anything planned?
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 10:22 AM
have a week at the beach in july. other than that, nothing concrete but have some ideas in my head. need to get past some things 1st.

how are you?
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-03 10:33 AM
I'm glad you have ideas!! Hopefully that helps!

I am doing well! Can't believe I almost have an 8 year old. Anyway, kids are busy... we put in a pool, can't complain!
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 10:39 AM
I have a 13 year old!!! :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: Can you believe it was 12.5yrs ago that we ran that 5k?
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-03 10:59 AM
Whoa that's CRAZY!!!! :shocker!:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:01 AM
wait - who is 13 now. LMAI or LMA2?
that's not right
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 11:04 AM
LMA1. LMA2 turns 10 in 2 weeks.  :shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:04 AM
holy cow. :hug:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-05-03 11:10 AM Edited 2018-05-03 11:27 AM
Time really does fly!
Now blazergirl lives up where we used to! or blazer :)
Parent - - By callie [ca] Date 2018-05-03 6:07 PM
N is 10 in a month. :cry:
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-04 5:30 AM
it's wonderful and sad at the same time
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-03 10:50 AM
have you been riding? we just dusted our bikes off last month and have done 2 rallies, and I'm part time commuting to work. my butt still isn't pleased with this situation, but it's getting better.
we joked during the Lancaster ride about our 4 season Collin County Classic when you were still here. That was some BS! :laugh:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 11:07 AM
I've been riding a little here and there. At least once a week for the past few months. I'm itching for a new bike...I think 20 years is enough on 1 bike.

Those were good times. I always enjoyed that ride. :cool::cool:

How's the fam? Based on what I see elsewhere things look good. The remodel looked awesome!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:27 AM
we're trying to decide if we want to sign up for it again this year. they've changed the route, but I think the dates will work out so it's a possibility.

family is good - we have the boys again this weekend, but thankfully, it's not going to be as crazy busy as last weekend was. :cry: I think we might go to Cottonwood Arts Festival and the middle one and I are going to be working on painting the bed frame that we got him (from a neighbor) in Golden State Warriors gray. Once we get that done, all we have left is painting his closet doors to look like lockers and his room will be done!

thanks :cool: we still have a few small projects that need to be finished up, but overall I'm super happy w/ the way it turned out. :happy:
Parent - - By callie [ca] Date 2018-05-03 6:08 PM
You should go have all the random fun you want. :grin:
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 6:38 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-05-06 9:10 PM
How's Tampa these days?
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-05-15 1:54 PM
I went swimming today in the concrete pond... mostly dog paddle and float... after my run of course.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:23 AM Edited 2018-05-03 11:39 AM
I will opine about some stuff since I don't really want to put it on the FacePlace.

I did a 23andme DNA test last year, trying to see if I can find my biological father. found lots of 2nd to 6th cousins on both sides, but not enough info to pin down a common person. I know a last name and the first name he gave to my mom, but have hit dead ends w/ social media, interwebz, etc.

This year, ancestry ran a special and kits were like 1/2 price, so what the heck, I'll do one of those too and order one for my mom and mrbarney too. let's see what ancestry has to say. the ethnicity info came back w/ a bit more detail, so that was pretty cool (turns out my mom is whiter than a loaf of wonder bread) but I seem to hail from Benin/Togo along with my Danish & German maternal heritage. Cool. Also, while building my family tree, turns out my paternal great grandpa emigrated here from Canada. So I'm 1/8th Canuck! woo hoo!

As far as matches go. my closest one turns out to be some old white guy "P" - says we are 1st cousins. Now, I know all of my aunts & uncles and none of them are old enough to have a son this old (looked at his FB) but after looking at the #'s with which we match, seems he would also fall into the 1/2 uncle category.  what the what!?! So my cousin J and his wife K and I, along with info we've gleaned from our Aunt and my mom have deduced that this guy is a baby that our grandma gave up for adoption before she married our grandpa. He's two years older than our Aunt, and his ancestry family tree is just him and two "unknowns" for parents. My Aunt noted that on her birth certificate, she wasn't listed as the first live birth, and we know that my gma (she was a nurse) had a pretty serious thing going with a doctor at the hospital she worked at.

So - now we are trying to figure out how to go about talking to P and his son C (new cousin, woo hoo) P hadn't logged into ancestry since October, but then last week he did and I'm sure he was quite confused to see my face staring back at him as a cousin :laugh: I wish I could have seen his face. So K and I requested to follow C on Instagram in hopes that we could maybe suss things out that way - as we don't want to inundate a 78 year old guy w/ too much info all at once. mrbarney and I are going back to Denver to visit J & K over memorial day because our aunt will be there too, so we're going to lay some stuff out with her and try to figure out how to proceed. I think all of our cousins will be fine with the info, but my mom and J's sister think that their dad and another uncle might be upset knowing that our gma wasn't perfect.

So much family fun!

On my biological father side, I found a dude that shows to be a 2nd cousin. He actually lives here in Dallas - which is super weird since I was born in Omaha, and his last name is the same last name of what my mom gave me. He seems to be estranged from his father, who is probably a brother or cousin of my BF. but his family tree is locked down tight on ancestry and he hasn't responded to the message I sent him last month. dang it! but it's a place to start and I have a friend that is a big genealogy nut and he's helping me with uploading data and building mirror trees, etc. Maybe I'll find out who he is and meet him (if he's not dead) before the year is out.

and that's all folks!

TL;DR
did DNA tests to find biological father - didn't find him but found out that my maternal grandma had a baby boy that she gave up for adoption before she met my grandpa back in the 40s
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 11:29 AM
now that is all crazy if i followed it. :shocker!: hope you are able to find him somehow someway

funny how we think that people are so perfect. i know i found some stuff out about my own mother posthumously that left me :shocker!:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-05-03 11:43 AM
Yeah I'm a bit lost but sounds like there's a chance you could meet your dad's bro? That's amazing. My ex who I dated was adopted and apparently he eventually tracked down his birth mom and met a bunch of half siblings he never knew he had. Anyway, that's awesome that you're exploring your family. Best of luck - may the # of assholes you encounter along your journey be minimal!!
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2018-05-04 5:27 AM
Probably that dude that didn't log in since October got a ping that there is a close match, that's why he logged in again :shocker!:
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-05-06 9:09 PM
Wowza - that's some crazy stuff!
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-05-09 10:52 PM
I had submitted my sample in January but hadn't checked out the results. I have two people I want to do the testing and haven't pushed much on it. Without them submitting theirs it didn't interest me much to check it out. Your post put me a bit more on the 'go check it out' side. Did so tonight and I'm underwhelmed / not surprised (too much) on the basic genetic background. The connections are no closer than possible second cousin.

I also do not know my father.
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-05-10 8:46 AM
both of them are missing out on our awesomeness! :hug:
Parent - By IB Date 2018-05-15 1:40 PM
I have gotten my sister to agree to submit a sample, now I just need to work on my brother. We all share the same mother & I'm very curious what we can find out regarding the other side.
- - By callie [ca] Date 2018-05-03 6:09 PM
Hi. :grin:
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-05-03 6:38 PM
Howdy! :cool:
- By neustkg (Important) Date 2018-05-04 12:24 PM
Have you done any skiing recently?
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / What's with all the running? No Letters or Opines?