Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thursday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 5:36 AM
be random

an tired
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 5:47 AM
~Holy poop I'm tired today. Can't keep my eyes open

~Too tired to even make my protein shake for bfast. I'll just stick with coffee I guess

~I feel old

~Like seriously feeling old. Like starting to doubt my abilities to do things because of my age :sad:

~Our football team is hemorrhaging players so badly for this fall we are hearing whispers they may not even have a team. I actually have 6 incoming Freshman for XC supposedly. AD told me yesterday my program and Volleyball are the only 2 fall sports he's not worried about.

~Had a very excited group of returning XC runners come to our team mtg yesterday. They are so ready to get away from the big groups of complaining non-workers we get with track.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 6:58 AM
Let's make today a nap day..............

What is happening with the football team? Bad coaching?

You are only feeling old because you have been so sick. It will pass:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:08 AM
Actually they have a great coach. Legend.

The problem is they are forced to play in a conference way out of the depth because of alumni pressure. Getting kicked around by schools with 1-2000 kids and not ever winning a game.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:28 AM
How is that even an option? I thought that was black and white. Wow. What do they get out of being in a bigger conference if they don't have a team or lose every game.:mutmad: What a shitty way to treat their players. I don't think I'd even support my kids playing in that scenario. I'd probably push another sport. I certainly wouldn't want to support those who made that decision:mutmad:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:40 AM
All of our sports have to play in that conference. We do too. We can beat all the conference teams except 1 huge school. We actually did win the Conf championship a couple of years ago.

Volleyball holds their own as well and golf. But nobody else can.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:49 AM
So football is really the only sport that gets its butt-kicked? That sucks for those kids.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:54 AM
Football and Basketball can't hang with anybody in the conference
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:06 AM
Have you considered trying CBD oil? I’m hearing lots of good things about the benefits. My brother has recently started carrying it in his shop. The type you ingest. He has a couple of customers who swear by it for helping with a number of different ailments. Just a thought.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:07 AM
Haven't considered much of anything other than the nursing home : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:21 AM
Whatever. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:28 AM
:meh:: pbbt: Snap out of it!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-03 7:17 AM
someone on fb was talking about that, something you let dissolve under your tongue.  A coworker is having neck pain and headaches (like me) and said she has a lotion with CBD in it and it helps, but I haven't gone to check it out yet.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:20 AM
I tried some of the lotion when I was having all my issues but I got no relief. My brother said I didn’t have the right stuff. He would know. :laugh: Shoot, it has to have a lot less negative side effects than most prescription drugs.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-03 11:22 AM
does he recommend a certain lotion? Hers was called Sagely (or something like that)
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 2:36 PM
When I stop in to buy a bunch of little bottles of alcohol to stuff MJ’s piñata with I’ll ask. :wtf:: pbbt::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-03 7:16 AM
why is football losing so many players? The success of your team makes people want to join I'm sure!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:19 AM
--Holy crap, the storms last night. :shocker!: The wind must have been 50-60 mph at times. It was insane.

--It’s giraffe cake making day today. Wish me luck! : pbbt:

--I need to go get eggs first. The cake recipe calls for 8 egg whites. :shocker!:

--Sarge totally ignored me when I came home yesterday. He found a deer leg and was completely focused on that. :roll: Now he smells like a blend of raw deer, cow shit, grease and dirt. Lovely.

--It’s going to get hot and muggy as soon as this rain passes through. Probably have to turn the A/C on to get some of the humidity out of the air.

--Trash guy didn’t pick up trash last week. :roll: I honestly just don’t think the guy is quite all there. I hate calling and reporting the fact but it really needs to be picked up this week. Especially since we’ve been throwing all the dead mice in there. I mean, we’re putting them in Ziploc bags first but still, it gets to stinking. We don’t want to toss the mice out in the field in case one of the cats or dogs gets them. We’ve been poisoning the mice and they often have that already in them when they get caught in a trap. Geez, country life.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:41 AM
Good luck on the giraffe cake!

We need to plan a Dutch Oven Extravaganza for RR!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:02 AM
Yes, we do. Violet is going to be here during the time you’re at RR so we’ll have to get her and my mom in on the action. :grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:47 AM
Dog stories are awesome. Dog realities are gross and stinky. Which is why I have a snobby little chihuahua who hates the outdoors after 10 minutes.:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:03 AM
Sarge is the real deal. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:27 AM
He sure is. :laugh::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-03 11:23 AM
I want to see pix of this cake!

Definitely call, you don't want stinky dead mice around
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:25 AM
Tj woke up at 3am with a burning fever and nausea. Pop Quiz - what is the quickest and easiest way to get mommy out of bed? Tell her you are gonna throw up. Luckily he never did. We slept prepared and comfy on the couch, just in case.

Ripley's soccer coach is leaving the YMCA. I don't know what that means for our team. She coaches three girls teams. And the Y just doesn't seem that supportive. Their boys teams seem to be priority. :mutmad: They should be treated equally. Anyway......now I don't know what she is going to do, where we will play. I'd rather go with the coach than try another year at the Y for the money I spent. We might not even play a tournament this Spring.

Sunday we get to go to another Braves game. This time will be with Tj's baseball association and they will get to go down on the field. :cool:I'm sure he'll wear his uniform. I'll be missing yet another soccer game of my own:roll: But it will be an experience.

Being up for two hours in the middle of the night makes me so so tired today.

My hair looks so much better when I shower in the morning. I need to make an effort:roll:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:41 AM
Storms have kept our doggies wild and awake all night.

So we have been too
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:44 AM
:cry: Do you have any damage?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:46 AM
Oh no. Some tornado warnings up north a bit but nothing really close.

I guess KC area had some storm damage from winds etc..
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:50 AM
Glad for that. Sucks for those in the tornado areas. Terrifying.:sad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 7:44 AM
I have fleas. Seriously. I haven't seen any at home but we have stray cats that live all around our office and I think their fleas are coming into the house. Literally just found one in my hair:cry::cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:04 AM
You’d better be addressing that quickly, especially if you have carpet. :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:30 AM
Luckily I mean the office 'house'. This is a 1930's house off the Marietta Square. There are a ton of stray cats who come and go under the house. Last year this wasn't an issue. But I've just called the owner. He'll need to clear the cats and block their entrance into the crawl space and then treat it. Hopefully problem solved.

I hate how everyone is just 'kill the cats'. A - horrible. B - more will come.:roll:

But it does make me wanna check myself before getting in the car and going home.:meh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 8:33 AM
But we all have the creepy crawlies now. And seriously, i just showered but I want another shower:sad:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-03 11:24 AM
I started feeling itchy just reading this
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:39 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-03 11:23 AM
:shocker!::cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:40 AM
I miss chat rooms with random people coming and going.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-03 2:39 PM
The cake is done. :cool: I’ll post pics on FB this weekend. I don’t want MJ to see. It turned out okay even though I swore like a sailor the whole time I was decorating. :laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thursday RTTS