Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thundery Thursday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-05-03 5:03 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-05-03 5:09 AM
Thunderstorms for quite a while over the next several days.
Wednesday I decided to try doing a 40 minute cardio dvd, then icing the foot afterwards. It ached some, but my state of mind was so much better afterward. It's awful not to be able to exercise.
Today I’m going to the doc to make sure I’m splinting this toe correctly and to find out what cardio exercise I can do without screwing up the foot. I hope to get an idea when I can start to run. The main problem is the bruising of the foot making it hard to wear any shoe other than toeless. At least I have some of those.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-03 9:52 AM
At least it's warm enough now that toeless shoes are an option. I hope your doctor can okay some cardio for you - but don't push it! I know how hard it is to be sidelined when you want to be active.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-05-03 9:54 AM
I think we're due for thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. Now it's hot and sunny! 4 miles on the trail, and this afternoon the grad students in my cohort are having a little end of the year get together - going on a 3/4 mile hike and then happy hour at a local pub. Obviously I'll be having iced tea or something. I may sip someone else's beer if one looks really good! Have a good day all.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-03 2:56 PM
Good work on the 4 miler. Have jun at the hike! :grin:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-05-03 11:26 AM
It is snowing here. I am still not running regularly: my previously busted ankle is requesting some love and attention now that I am fixing everything else. Apparently it had gotten very used to the rest of me...my hips, specifically...being a little off-kilter and now is needing some help adjusting to everything else being straight and healthy. I am doing PT for the ankle and the muscles around it, and getting chiropractic and massage. One more delay, but at least everything is going in a good direction.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-05-03 2:57 PM
Good to see you! :hug: One of my hips is a little off kilter and it sure does throw things off all the way down the leg. :wink:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thundery Thursday dailies