Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wicked storms Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:41 AM
Some unstable weather for us tonight and tomorrow. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:52 AM
--According to what I’ve read on line, “most people receive their IRS returns within 21 days”. It’s looking like we’re not going to be one of those 21 people. :meh:

--I saw where they closed the Patarei prison. It’s an old se-fortress that was constructed on the Baltic sea in Tallinn, Estonia in the early 1800’s and used as a prison up until 2004 when Estonia joined the EU. I figured as much. Area around it was really developing. Really glad I was able to visit that piece of history.

--I got a buyer for a bunch of our hay. :cool: They will be excellent customers.

--Krystal had a last minute cancellation and a no show yesterday. :mutmad: She’s can’t have this and I’m afraid she’s going to get frustrated. I recommended she get in the habit of sending reminder texts to EVERYONE.

--I snagged one of LeAnn’s former clients yesterday. Lady was unable to locate any contact information for LeAnn. I was just like, “I don’t know what ever happened to her”. :evil: I pumped Krystal up to her so hopefully she’ll start going to her.

--Kind of sore from yesterday’s run. I ran at a 2.0-3.0 incline the entire time. Maybe that was the culprit. Or, getting older. :cry:

--I’m getting a massage tonight. Left elbow/forearm needs attention. I suspect a little tendonitis. Story of my life....inflammation. :mutmad::cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:08 AM
Enjoy your massage! I haven't been in forever (again)
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-02 6:14 AM
I would be sore after 8 miles at 3 incline.  Oh wait, I'm old too...
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:38 AM
Nice that Krystal has you watching her back and helping her out:cool:

I thought running was to keep us from getting old:shocker!::cry:

I hope your massage does the trick!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-02 7:41 AM
I hope she understands that no shows and last minute cancellations are part of the job and puts some measures in place to try to prevent - reminders and charging the fee would be great. Still sucks but maybe a little better

dang I never ran above a .5 incline LOL
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:19 AM Edited 2018-05-02 6:43 AM
~last mega dose of steroids yesterday

~Dr. said no exercise of any kind while I was on it. High risk of tendon damage apparently.

~Fighting with City Hall over getting a permit to put on a 5K. They want all "road races" on the hike and bike trail. But still want you to pay for a parade permit and police/traffic. This town is so freaking backwards

~I am truly surprised we have ANY races in this town. Getting cooperation from city/county/powers-that-be is next to impossible. Which is why most tiny 5Ks don't have permits, insurance, etc

~Track meet last night. I am a tired MOFO today. My soccer girl won the 1600 and my distance guy won the 3200. Otherwise the whole meet was pretty much a bust

~More health shit I have to deal with this week. God, I used to be fit. 

~XC meeting today. I think the kids are excited.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-02 6:30 AM
I didn't know steroids could cause tendon damage.  I know there's an antibiotic that does, but didn't know about the steroids.  Maybe in my case ignorance was bliss.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:45 AM
I didn’t realize that with steroids either. I know there are several concerns for long time use of the drug but temporarily in Gregg’s case I wouldn’t think would be much of an issue.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:39 AM
Soccer girls are :cool::cool:

Health shit:cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-02 7:42 AM
were the steroids for your lingering sickness?

are you RDing more races or are the permits part of the timing job?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:59 AM
Trying to RD a few. It is a difficult process here in Squalorville
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-02 6:26 AM
I'm back - ILs left last night and I'm back to work today

Slept funny and the left side of my neck hurts if I move it. Usually it is the right side of my neck that hurts so I give up :laugh:

I have so much work to catch up on and I'm entering my busy season. I just need to buckle down but I know it will take a while to get motivated

They rearranged the office while I was out (I knew it was happening) and my desk didn't move yet but I'm surrounded by all new people and it is kind of weird.

80 degrees today - crazy heat wave although I think we'll have storms the next few days but at least today feels like summer.

Sent B to daycare in shorts for the first time. His chubby pale legs crack me up
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:28 AM
Cute pics of B on the FB  :happy:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-02 6:31 AM
I hope the visit with the ILs went well.  I enjoyed seeing the pictures on Facebook.  :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:39 AM
Your neck is just balancing out.: pbbt:

Fat baby legs are the best!:hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-02 6:28 AM
*So I called to confirm my doctor's appointment, as required.  2 hours later I received a reminder phone call from that same office.  :roll:

*We have landscape rocks around the house.  The weed barrier underneath the rocks is 20 years old.  Do you know how big of a pain it is to move the rocks, re-install new weed barrier and then move the rocks back?  :cry:  I did a 5 foot section yesterday.  :meh:  I proposed putting a new barrier sheet down on top of the rocks and covering that with mulch.  :blush::laugh:  Dh isn't a fan of my new plan.  We are not yard people.  At all. 

*I got so much done yesterday.  Today is already feeling not so productive, and I've only been up an hour.  :laugh:  

*Bill's day yesterday started with a flat tire.  Better that than today when he's heading to Nashville.  :furiouslyknockingwood:

*Switched allergy meds from claritin to allegra and it seems to be helping.  A good rainfall would probably help as well.  We've been so dry that we've had red flag warnings (fire warnings) the past 2 days.  I don't think I've ever seen one for my area before.  :wtf:

*Marie went from counting down the hours until she could come home (last year) to "You don't have to come down.  I think I'll stay after the graduation ceremony for awhile to hang out.  I'll move myself home sometime later that night."  :shocker!::laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:35 AM
My Dr office was supposed to call me and give me instructions on a referral. So when they called I let it go to voicemail thinking he would tell me everything then I would have it to refer to
Nope he just said: hey call me back

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-02 6:46 AM
:mutmad:

I don't think mine ever actually did anything about my referral.  :roll::mutmad:  In the end, after waiting and waiting, I had to call myself and say my doctor referred me and make the appointment.  :roll:  Of course that's probably why it took 2+ weeks to get in.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:41 AM
Good for Marie:cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-02 7:43 AM
I like your new rock plan - I'm not a yard person at all either!

awww I'm glad Marie is enjoying it a lot more this year
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:47 AM
Honey, all we do in Missouri is pick up and move rocks. :cry: I feel your pain.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:21 AM Edited 2018-05-02 7:44 AM
Painted a cute watermelon welcome sign last night with my friend. (She wouldn't let me paint "F__ Off" on it. That would have been hilarious:laugh:

Yummy breakfast with the kids and Q this morning. I love Wednesdays when Q sleeps over. I get to sleep in and he gets them to shower. How does he do that? I never get them to shower. Why will they for him but not me?:roll::roll:

Baseball game tonight. I've gotten caught up and feel caught up in my house. Time to start cleaning more stuff out. Oh how I love getting rid of stuff. Going for a run tonight, too:cool:

I need to quit eating so much.........:cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-05-02 7:44 AM
was it one of those painting places or did you just do it on your own?

yea for getting caught up
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:07 AM
No it was her swanky neighborhood who brought in a lady to do it for the group. She has her own place but this was a private party. So....i did my best to not embarrass her: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:48 AM
It’s probably not a bad thing you have friends like her. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:08 AM
It is pretty cute but now I'm tempted to do a second and paint it MY WAY and put it right under the other one:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:09 AM
And she is my only friend around who i actually do things with. Tbh, I'm so thankful I have her. Especially with Amy being in Mobile. We actually do things with each other without kids. :cool: And I can be my snarky bitchy self and it is cool.:cool:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-02 7:51 AM
Awesome on being caught up. :cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:10 AM
Yup. Now I'm googling amazon closet organizers because .....well because.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wicked storms Wednesday RTTs