Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Welcome
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:03 AM
Welcome to Wonderful Wednesday.   What's up?  

QOTD?  What is your response when somebody greets you, "How you doing?"
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:11 AM
I managed to get myself out of bed a little earlier today.  After wind chill on Monday, it is supposed to top 90 today.  And today is a code orange air quality day....avoid outdoor exercise this afternoon. 

More later.  First coffee and then a run.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:50 AM
Goes without saying Tom.  Coffee is ALWAYS first!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:29 AM
90 degrees?  Whoa -- that is hot for your area!

I bought a milk frother, so this morning I frothed the milk for my coffee.  Oh it was yummy!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-02 1:18 PM
It's hot here with an air quality alert also. Not sure I will get out there today, because I'm already having some slight breathing/wheezing type issues. At least I got out yesterday for a little over 2 miles.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:27 AM
It looks like another nice weather day in store for us.  This morning it was 63F, so I finally could run with no gloves and t-shirt.  8 miles.

Melissa has her medical test results this afternoon after school.  We're anxious to find out the cause of her neck pain. 

QOTD:  "I'm doing well.  How are you?" is my usual response.  A friend of mine says, "Just look at my sorry self and it tells you how I'm doing." :laugh:  He cracks me up.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:27 AM
We too have been having nice weather and we will take it. 

Keep us informed about Melissa.  Praying that it is not a serious issue.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-02 5:58 AM
Wonderful Wednesday means it's Marilyn's Birthday -  Happy Happy!!!

QotD -  If it is someone I know it would be "fine, how are you"  if I don't know them it's "fine" and a fast walk in the other direction.

I had a big time at the time trials last night.  We start the clock at 60 minutes and have it run down to zero.  You leave the start line when the clock reads the time you think it will take you to run 4 miles.  Since I wasn't running I babysat the clock.  I have never been at the start line when the clock ran down so low.  Being one of the first runners off the line I have missed all kinds of good conversation.  I had no idea how much the 'fast' runners strategized.  Or how much banter there would be trying to throw their competition off.  All in good fun, entertaining, and very interesting.

We hit 86 stinkin' degrees yesterday so a handful of the runners cut down to 3 miles.  Smart move.  And it meant I wasn't standing out there alone at the clock for that long.  I took my camera along and got a picture of each runner at the finish line too.  My facebook feed has been on fire!:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:26 AM
Thanks Dawn!  I found out on Monday that I have a birthday twin at church.   Not only do we both celebrate birthdays today, but we are also the same age!

I am having lunch with friends and then having dinner with my family.  So I really need to workout before the eating begins!

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:55 AM
That sounds fun!  I like that idea of trying to beat the clock.  So, the idea is to get back to the finish line before or as the clock reaches 0 from your predicted time?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:49 AM
yes.  I suppose we should call it beat the clock rather than a time trial.  The great thing is that for the most part we all finish together.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:16 AM
That time trial sounds really fun.  Do any guys "dog it" near the finish because they ran too fast? 

Are baking Marilyn a birthday cake with your Baker's knee?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:52 AM
In the early weeks they(we) do.  It costs 25 cents to participate each week and if every week you run a bit faster you share in the pot.  Those first few weeks you'll see a lot of 10 or 11 minute miles.

Too hot to bake, sorry MB.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:24 AM
What's up you ask?  My age!  I turn 61 years young today! 

QOTD -- I tell them that I doing well and then ask how they are doing.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:56 AM
Happy Birthday!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:29 AM
Thank you!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:18 AM
Another one of these fine Masters Babes who drinks bottled water from the fountain of youth.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:30 AM
And this is why I like to hang around with this group -- always a cheerful word!

Thank you Tom!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-02 10:14 AM
Happy Birthday.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 2:09 PM
Thanks Mark!  Good to see you!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-02 1:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 2:09 PM
Thanks Pam!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:42 AM
The run dun....It's too hot, when's it going to cool off? :cry::cry::cry:  Just kidding.  But it felt strange to sweat with just shorts and T shirt.  The run was ok...ran around a new hotel set to open next week.  Somebody inside on a treadmill.  They are doing practice runs.

Yesterday, life was jammed full, but Scott had the morning off and was able to stop around for Spam on the Grill.  I really miss having him at home.   Hopefully today slows down.  Dealing with insurance trying to keep Shirley in nursing home rehab at least another week.  She is still not strong enough to come home.

Remember that ridiculous case of Verizon and Comcast and keeping the old phone number?  It still is not fixed and hours and hours of frustration getting it back.  The phone calls continue  :shocker!::mutmad:

My car alarm goes off intermittently by itself.  Nobody around, nothing touching it or banging nearby.  Gremlins.

My reply to How ya doing?  "Wonderful".  And it really is true.  Despite all of the speed bumps and pot holes in life, I am truly blessed.  My life is wonderful.  Now of course when the old guy retirees get together for lunch...now you can talk about aches and pains:laugh:

I like Dave Ramsey and his response  to how ya doing?   "Better than I deserve".

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-05-02 7:46 AM
Happy birthday Oncearunner.

My calves are really tight, so at the gym last night I used the ARC trainer instead of the treadmill. There seems to be less calf stress on the ARC trainer compared to running. I also used some weight machines in a futile attempt to improve upper body strength.

This morning I went to the park and did some loops around the pond. The crushed gravel is gentler than asphalt and if something flared up I could stop any time.  I ended up with 4 pretty slow miles but no calf problems.  49 this morning but headed to 85 this afternoon.

I got out "The Stick" and I have been rolling and stretching.

QotD: I shrug and/or mumble something unintelligible.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 8:31 AM
Thanks Dave!

Hope the stick helps your calves.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 9:02 AM
My power walk is done as are my pushups and plank.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 9:46 AM
PW&PU&P   Almost sounds nasty.   Great job.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 9:47 AM
See what happens when Rob starts posting?  Our minds get nasty!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 12:44 PM
And Markoles hasn't been heard from on here in ages.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-05-02 3:15 PM
I remember the days of 100 posts  brought about by Mark and Rob doing movie quotes.  :shocker!::laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 6:02 PM
Did Mark O finally realize he was too young for us?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-05-02 10:13 AM
Howdy all.

Today is a rest day for running. Wednesdays have a music theme - Choir practice and Bass lessons.

I will walk once I get finished with lunch.

Mark.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-05-02 12:43 PM
Warming up out there Mr. Mark
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-02 1:29 PM
The nurses made fun of me at chemo when someone would ask how I was doing-especially when I was at my lowest point and obviously NOT doing well, and I would say, "FINE-how are you??" I always wondered why they even asked some days!!

No run/walk today. I've been extremely busy with trying to figure out how we are going to get Alex's belongings into this tiny house. She has accumulated a lot more stuff since she lived with us before. I've been dragging boxes of our "junk" out to the already packed garage all day. I'm also still waiting to hear if she will be released from the hospital tomorrow or not. The staff there are not very good at keeping the patients informed, and although they gave me two different numbers to call to speak to a doctor or nurse, I've never actually gotten anyone to answer or even return my calls.:mutmad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-05-02 2:10 PM
Stay strong!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-05-02 2:53 PM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Welcome