Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Teacher Appreciation Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-01 5:30 AM
Thank a teacher. Starting today it’s Teacher Appreciation Week. :happy:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-01 6:18 AM
*The van is packed with all of the furniture we are taking down to Anthony.  It's quite impressive all that fits in this van.  There's a dresser, a love seat, stuffed chair with ottoman, 2 end tables, a tv stand and a boxed table and chairs in the van, and you can still see out the rear view window.  :shocker!:  Bill outdid himself with the jenga-like mastery this time. 

*It's finally nice out here.  And allergies are setting in big time.  :sad:  Of course, the 30 mph wind gusts aren't exactly helping.  :roll:

*I'm just not recovering from running like I used to.  :sad:  I mean, I knew it would happen at some point, but it still sucks.  Maybe I'm learning.  I purposely didn't run again yesterday on a long work day so I could enjoy my miles today.  Or maybe today would've been rough no matter what I did or didn't do.  :laugh:

*I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I had to get a referral for the appointment.  I made the appointment.  They rescheduled the appointment.  And now I have a message on my answering machine that I have to call again and confirm the appointment that they called and made for me.   :roll:  I feel like I have been on the phone with this office 5 times already and have never been in.  :meh:  I have a feeling my attitude might be leaking out by the time I actually set foot in the office.  :mischief:

*I finally took the flannel sheets off the bed, since it's going to be 80.  Of course we did have frost yesterday morning still.  :roll:

*Parenting young adults is rough.  You have to be prepared to be 100% involved or 0% - and be ok with either scenario and be prepared for it to change minute to minute.    :meh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-01 6:20 AM
I friggin HATE doctors
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-01 6:28 AM
Maybe the doctor will exceed your expectations.

Forget Two Men and a Truck. I’m hiring One Man and a Van next time I need stuff moved. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-01 8:56 AM
Jeez. What sized van is that:shocker!::cool:

Flannel sheets:shocker!: Wow! I guess if I lived up north those would sound amazing but they just sound so suffocating....Glad it is warming up for y'all. Do you have heated floors? Is that a thing up there too?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-01 9:05 AM
It's a Town and Country.  It's a boat.  :laugh:  I can fit 2 kayaks in there and close the hatch.  :grin:  Seriously, it is the best usage of space in a van ever.  Stow and go seats are the bomb diggity. 

Flannel sheets are wonderful. Soft warmth.  :happy:  But not so great for 80 degree days.  :laugh:  I also have a heated mattress pad.  :grin:  I have a real problem getting warm at night.  Once I'm warm, I'm fine, and usually even shed most of the covers, but it can take me over an hour to warm up enough to sleep - even with a husband, flannel sheets and the heated mattress pad on.  :shocker!:

Heated floors are a thing, but we don't have them.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-01 9:43 AM
A heated mattress pad:shocker!: OMG I'd die! I always like the cool part of the sheets: pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-01 9:45 AM
When I bought my Tempur-pedic I was tempted to get the cooling pad thing. I’m hot enough at night. Good grief!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-01 6:25 AM
--My mom got herself an old Craftsman mower to serve as a little “garden tractor”. It comes with a full-time mechanic....my brother’s father n law....and then my brother traded two bottle of schnapps for a trailer that attaches to the back. : pbbt::cool: $200 but that’s not including the cost of the schnapps. :laugh: It’s the perfect set up for her. Then, her neighbor gave her a snow plow thing that attaches to the front. More than she could ever wish for. :wink:

--It’s that time of year. Poison ivy. Break out the cortisone cream. :meh:

--We went from "no garden goodies" to "more lettuce, arugula, spinach and radishes than we can eat” overnight. Sheesh! Salad anyone?

--I found a site where you can list your own commercial real estate. I was checking that out yesterday. Seriously thinking about putting my office building on the market next spring. At the moment it is great. I’m making good money off of it. But, I worry. My tenant next door has health concerns and if I don’t have her that would suck. Plus, you never know how long Krystal will stay on board. I’m tired of maintenance and upkeep. Not that there is a ton but it seems I’m always fixing something, mowing the lawn or spending money or this or that. Then, you look at the town as a whole and realize it’s not going anywhere so if you have a chance to sell out you’d better do it! Also, I know I don’t want to work two jobs forever. And, lastly it would be nice to have that money to go toward a house. We would almost be able to build without borrowing any money. So, that’s my plan today. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-01 6:29 AM
We haven't planted anything yet.

Not a single thing :sad:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-01 6:33 AM
We haven't even thought about planting anything.  Of course we had frost pretty much every night in April.  :mutmad::cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-01 6:34 AM
Your Mom's setup sounds perfect!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-01 9:01 AM
I love the tractor set up:laugh:

Yummy salad for lunch today.....too bad poison ivy isn't delicious. It is everywhere here. Grows naturally. No need to farm.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-05-01 6:48 AM
~Maybe feeling 65-70%

~Side effects from the steroids and antibiotics suck ass

~Track is winding down. XC meeting tomorrow after school haha

~Gonna be timing a nighttime 50K this summer. That will be a long-ass night.

~Might have 3 or 4 Freshmen girls coming out for XC :shocker!::grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-05-01 8:17 AM
Be careful running when you’re on steroids. I always feel like I’m on the verge of cardiac arrest. Darn near ran to the hospital one time when I was out running it was so bad. :cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-01 8:53 AM
I hope you get feeling closer to at least 90% soon.  :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-01 9:44 AM
Glad you are getting better, if slowly:hug::hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-01 8:35 AM
Thank you to all my teachers:hug:.....except you chemistry teachers.....:roll:

OMG it is so cool (and bright) to have a working light in my bathroom:shocker!::shocker!: Gotta wear shades:cool::laugh:

And I can curl my hair in the bathroom now! And I can lay under a calm, quiet, white (almost blends into the ceiling) ceiling fan while it is ON! WOW!:cool::cool:

Also got a plug replaced and one light in my kitchen replaced.:cool: Time to save up for the next lighting/electrical changes:cool:

Going to some paint party tonight. This oughta be interesting. But hey, kid-free time:cool:

Got up at five with rip. Started yoga, didn't finish. Made breakfast and we were all up eating at 6. Kids loved it. Great way to start the day.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-05-01 8:55 AM
Home improvements are wonderful.  Actually going through them, notsomuch, but the end is so wonderful. Glad you are in the enjoyment part.  :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-05-01 9:02 AM
Technically now I have no reason not to finish my bathroom walls:blush::blush:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Teacher Appreciation Tuesday RTTs