Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, April 29 2018
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-29 6:28 AM
Good morning masters. What's up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-29 6:34 AM
It's only 35° this morning, but the sun is shining and there is a beautiful clear blue sky. I woke up early and considered going for a run, but I changed my mind and went back to sleep. I'll probably go for a walk up the hill later today.

That's it for my plans today.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-29 12:10 PM
Dave that sounds like a perfect morning for a cup of coffee outside!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-04-29 6:02 PM
Colder than here this morning!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-29 10:14 AM
Cold here too this morning though it should get up to the 60's this afternoon.   Might get my bike out of storage.  It has been serving as a room divider in my laundry room:laugh:

Otherwise, puttering in the yard continues with some yoga right before bed to stretch out the kinks.

I bought 3 big pots and 3 clumps of ornamental grass to put in them.  My plan is to line them up a long the side of the patio that fronts the neighbor's property.  Hoping for it to mature into a privacy screen.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-29 12:11 PM
You are going to have a beautiful afternoon!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-04-29 6:01 PM
I like your ornamental grass as a fence idea.

I might be able to plant stuff soon. Maybe. :roll::laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-29 12:10 PM
Thanks for the start Dave!

We are having some nice weather and we are taking advantage of it!  We had dinner with friends last night at a local restaurant and sat outside.  Jerry and I worked on our yard this morning after Mass.  I now have new friends that there are more and more hugs to give and receive!

We need to make a trip to the grocery store and then I need to get my power walk in.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-29 12:53 PM
all good stuff!  Happy Sunday Marilyn.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-29 1:30 PM
This has nothing to do with running, but I'm still going to post.  I read three blogs that are written by women over 60.  One is from San Antonio and the other two live in California.  One of them struggles with thinning hair as I now also struggle with it.  Hard to believe that that the full head of hair I used to have is diminishing.   The two that live in California are both my age so I like to see what they are wearing and how they put themselves together.  Well lately it seems that everything they are wearing is oh so pricey!  Of course as bloggers, they are given some of the items to test and comment on.   One had a purse and it was in the $900 - $1,000 range!  Shoes are in the $250 and up range. 

Have you ever started reading a blog, liked it and then think "why did I start reading this blog?"

That is my rant for the day! : pbbt:: pbbt:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-04-29 2:09 PM
Yup. Been there.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-04-29 6:00 PM
Yes.

That's when I stop reading it, instead of continually kicking myself for wasting that 10 mins or so that I can't ever get back. :laugh:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-04-29 2:08 PM
Howdy folks,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm here to try for the 49th time (approximately : pbbt: ) to get the running restarted.

The last few years haven't been the greatest health-wise, but hopefully that is all behind me.

This afternoon it was 1.7 mile solid run.

Onwards and upwards.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-29 3:23 PM
Goad to see you here. You know what they say, 49th time is the charm.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-04-29 5:58 PM
I'm on my 249th time and still haven't made it past fast walking, so yeah... I hear you. : pbbt:

Hope the health stuff is indeed behind you and number 49 is a success. :-)
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-29 6:22 PM
Hi Mark

Good to see you stop by!  I do hope and pray, that it is onwards and upwards!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-29 6:52 PM
:happy::happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-29 6:25 PM
Oh I am going to take a day off.  I did my pushups and plank, but am not walking this evening.  I'm taking a break.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, April 29 2018