Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 28 Apr 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-28 6:02 AM
Good morning!

It's Saturday and what are you doing today?  Shopping?  Cleaning house?  Racing?  Relaxing?

Post away...
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-28 9:06 AM
Well I am back from my 5 mile power walk!  The air was nice and crisp.  I had to dodge a few cars in the neighborhood as we are having the annual garage sale.

On my route, I saw the shell of an armadillo, goats, and horses. 

As I write this, I have a charcoal mask on my face.   Let's see what it does.

Have a splendid day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-28 10:15 AM
2 mile run and some post run yoga.  32 degrees this morning, I hope this is my last run in tights.

Always a little housecleaning to do. I am a perpetual 'tidy-er' according to my kids.

Also taking out a nearly dead dogwood and finding something else for the empty spot.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-28 10:23 AM
I was sort of planning a longer run today, but the coffee & book study was moved from 9:00 to 8:00 and I only got up in time to run for an hour (and still have time to eat a snack, get cleaned up, and get to the coffee shop in time.)

But it was a good hour. I felt a lot better than yesterday when I was too tired to lift my feet up.

I just kind of rambled around the park. Tons of deer were out today. I smelled a skunk but didn't see it.  There is a trail up one of the hills that I noticed was freshly mowed, so I headed up the hill. At the top it wasn't mowed in the direction I needed to go, but I decided to make my way through the long, wet grass. Then came mud. I was able to get around some of it, but eventually it was impassable so I had to turn around and go back. It has been so wet around here I don't know if the trails will ever be runnable again.

Then I decided it was past time to clean-up the cars. I vacuumed out the winter dirt (and some Florida sand), cleaned the various spills, and then I took them to a drive through car wash. Boy, those cars were dirty. I still haven't bought a hose since moving here so I didn't have a way to wash the cars myself.  It's something I prefer to let other people do for me anyway.

I ate too big of a lunch. Leftover beef stroganoff. Probably was enough left for 2. :roll:  I wish there was a pill I could take that would make the food dissolve quickly so I wouldn't feel so full.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-28 2:20 PM
0 miles run.  It was challenging but thankfully I made it.  Funeral this AM, then to nursing home, now to mow grass. 

Tom in DE
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 28 Apr 2018