Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday! 27 Apr 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:12 AM
Woo Hoo!  The weekend has arrived! 

The San Antonio area is in full swing celebrating Fiesta, a 10 day party!

Any parties in your life?

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:47 AM
Struggled through 4 miles this morning. Felt very tired. I've been working a lot and doing many tasks that have a big impact so I think the stress is getting to me. I was going to take the day off but stuff came up that had to get done so I'll save my mental health day for some later date.

I hope to run longer tomorrow even if it is glacier like.  I'll judge it by time rather than distance.

No parties here. Maybe in June when our friends' daughter is getting married up in Michigan there'll be some partying. I'm looking forward to the trip, seeing our friends, and seeing Michigan again.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:28 PM
Dave sounds like you really miss Michigan.  Bet you are looking forward to your trip.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:56 AM
Right now it's calm before the storm as I sit in my office before the kids arrive for PE.

I ran 6 miles this morning.  Maybe a longish run tomorrow and maybe on trails in the morning.  The weather is supposed to be nice.

The grass needs cut and I need to get the weed trimmer out. 

Melissa has a CAT scan scheduled for this afternoon.  She has had a lump in her neck for several weeks now that is getting bigger and painful.  She went to the Dr. yesterday and he THINKS it is a viral infection that has lodged in her neck muscle.  He wants to do further testing to be certain.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-27 7:15 AM
Only 6 today?  But i know the trails will be a joy tomorrow.   Neck virus?:wtf::shocker!::hug:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-27 12:20 PM
The Dr. saw a case just this week of a lady who had a virus in the muscle of her neck.  He says it is rare, and especially two in one week.  We are praying that is all that is wrong.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:29 PM
Mike I hope Melissa is ok.  Could it be related to the flu virus she had earlier this year?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-27 7:30 AM
Sitting in running gear waiting for rain to stop and coffee to kick in, but may go to Y if it doesn't. I NEED TO WORKOUT!    Could not wake up this morning.
Nursing home catch 22.  Shirley keeps getting up on her on and falling  Falls are the biggest concern.  But state law prohibits restraint in wheelchairs or beds.  They can do it at hospital but not in nursing home.  :sad::wtf:  I understand the abuse that happens so I guess we deal with it

Headed to Philly today.  Hopefully spend some time in the big city this afternoon, dinner and tickets to Philly Pops Orchestra doing a 60s hits concert.  I had hoped to make it a mini get away and spend the night but we have another funeral for an old church friend tomorrow. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-27 8:58 AM
Run Dun.  Somewhat challenging but much needed.  The rain held off.  Cool and damp.  Sunday is Delaware Marathon. I miss that experience.  I really don't expect that to happen again.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-27 12:24 PM
That is a tough situation for your Aunt Shirley.  Prayers for her.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:30 PM
Enjoy your time in Philly!

Tom, I just admire all that you do!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-27 8:27 AM
I have one graduation party on the horizon; my neighbor, Miriam, finishes 8th grade this year.  Look out high school!  For some reason this girl has adopted me as her other mother.  Never a dull moment when Miriam is out and about.  Currently she is terrorizing the neighborhood on a Razor Ripstick (2 wheeled skateboard) after school each day.  Her parents have frequent flyer points at the ER.....:roll:

Another glorious weather day in NW Illinois.  Daffodils are up, tulips are trying, the magnolia tree is ready to burst.  Hard to believe we had 2 inches of snow on the ground last Friday.  I would send it to you all if I could.  Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy and cooler so I will save my run for then.  That way I can skip the sunblock.:grin:  (and maybe run with my hubby).

Tom, prayers for Aunt Shirley and her situation.  Mike, same for Melissa.  Dave, your work is a pain but your Michigan trip is the light at the end of the tunnel.  Marilyn, save me a burrito and a margarita!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-27 8:54 AM
I would think any kid would like to adopt you as Mom.  Thanks for the prayers.   I think we get your used weather next week.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-27 12:26 PM
Thanks for the prayers.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:30 PM
Oh, don't worry I have a taco and margarita with your name on it!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday! 27 Apr 2018