Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 26 Apr 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 6:51 AM
Ok Dawn took us to the future yesterday, let's get back to the present. : pbbt:

Post, post, post.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 6:52 AM
I hope Ron checks in.  One of my husband's friends is moving to the Villages. They are selling everything and are so excited.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-26 8:00 AM
Good morning! Thank goodness you started this....I thought I was going to have to do it!! LOL!!

Heading out for a much needed run/walk very shortly. We are supposed to get some heavy storms later, so I need to head out before they arrive. I am feeling much better today. Yesterday was rough.....I cried all morning. I guess the loss of my sister hit me harder than I realized, but I also cried over some things that were so silly they made me laugh! Yeah, if anyone had seen me yesterday morning when I was both crying and laughing (VERY ugly crying).....it would have frightened them away! I guess we all need a good cry every now and then! Now-on with life in the "present".....
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-26 8:20 AM
Those ugly cries are the best.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:41 PM
I suspect your body has manufactured a few gallons of tears recently.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:45 PM
Yes, we all need a good cry every once in a while.  It feels liberating.

“Tears are prayers too. They travel to God when we can’t speak.”  Psalm 56:8

This has been me many times.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-26 8:23 AM
Hey everybody.:happy:

Lee gave the lawnmower it's Spring tune up last night.  I get to mow today and so am in my happy place.  Maybe 40% of the yard needs to be cut so it will take all of 15 minutes.  Still...15 minutes of happiness.

I wonder if there is a youtube for "post-lawn-mowing yoga"?:laugh:  Off to search.....

have a sweet day.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-26 10:19 AM
Our lawnmower is dead, so we have been relying on the goodness of one of our good neighbors to mow the last couple of weeks! Ray has mowed his lawn several times in the past, so I don't feel too bad, but we HAVE to find a very cheap lawnmower or a very hungry goat! Hope you are enjoying your time behind the mower! Also, while searching for that youtube workout, would you look for an, "I'm old, tired and find it almost impossible to get up and down from the floor yoga workout?!"
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-26 11:04 AM
I couldn't find one for old or tired but I think I've got you covered for the I can't up and down from the floor.  And besides, she has her dog in this workout.  You can't help but feel better when there is a dog included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzm3fA2HhkQ

Actually, you have to be able to get down on the floor for this one.  Have Ray help you back up.:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:46 PM
We have worked in the yard yesterday and today.  It feels so good to be out there.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-04-26 9:07 PM
My lawn still has snow on it. :wink:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-26 9:15 AM
In an effort to get back to something more than just running, I went to the gym this morning. I did a 2-mile warm-up on the treadmill and then hit the weights. I'm hoping to get back on a twice a week gym workout routine that I had going pretty good last fall but then it slipped away.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-26 10:22 AM
Dave-I'm trying to do some light lifting a couple of times a week. I was approved to do some very light dumbell and a few other types of weight work. It's tough after not doing any weights at all for over 1.5 years!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:43 PM
Man I need to start gyming again.   But 2 miles on the tmill.   Not sure I van warm up like that.   :cry:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:48 PM
Planet Fitness is coming to my hometown and I plan to join.  I want to start working on weights.

Plus in the summer time, I can go workout in the afternoon.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 9:29 AM
Just returned from a 4.0 mile PW in beautiful weather.  Nice and cool.  I'll take it because come summer, it will be HOTT!

Hmmm...now I can't remember what I was going to write. 

Have a good day!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-26 10:20 AM
4.0 miles on a beautiful day sounds great! I'm not looking forward to summer!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-26 11:05 AM
4 today, and 5 yesterday?  Dang!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:49 PM
Since it rained last night, and the road outside the subdivision doesn't have any sidewalks, I kept my walk to inside the subdivision.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-26 10:24 AM
2.37 miles. It was not pretty, but I'll take it!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-26 11:05 AM
If it had to be pretty I'd never run.:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:49 PM
Every little bit helps!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-26 1:51 PM
Well I was potting a plant and did't notice the yellow jacket nest in the pot.  I got stung!  First I thought it was an ant but then I saw the bee.  My husband came over and noticed the nest.  He killed them and then I was good to go.  My hand was sore and did the spot where I was stung, swelled a bit.  But it is back to normal now.  Just tender.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-26 2:19 PM
Ouch:shocker!:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-26 2:18 PM
Another full GBT day.   Deliver/pick up clothing for Clothing Bank.   Teacher retiree luncheon.  Finish clothing deliveries.  Now off to nursing home.  Aunt Shirley has fallen again,even though she is seated right by nurses station.   Apparently did not hit anything. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-26 3:08 PM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 26 Apr 2018