Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thrown into Thursday! Dailies
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-26 5:29 AM
Could not believe it when my DH said it was time to get up.  My good nights sleep is now officially over.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-26 5:36 AM
I left work early for the dentist. It rained all the way over and all the way back. I had a 6:15 track workout planned but people were already posting and texting that they were going to pass. I contemplated the treadmill vs the rain jacket debate and decided at least the treadmill was a lot closer as it is in my basement. I had eaten late due to the dentist appoint so I was in no hurry but about 6:30 it stopped raining for the most part. 

I figured I would run around our very flat neighborhood block but wear my rain jacket in case the rain picked up. I warmed up for about  1 1/2 miles then did 3x800 with 400 recovery and then a 400 with a 1/2 mile running at normal pace.  I averaged under 9 minutes with the warm up and recoveries built in so I was pleased with that run.  I then did a mile walk/jog to cool down.

I have a 4 mile race this weekend or I would have done 1 more 800, but still one of the best workouts I have had in a long time.  :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-26 6:06 AM
Glad you got good sleep. Good work on the running. It's not unusual (here especially) for me to be wearing my rain jacket and visor if it's cloudy.
Best wishes on the 4 miler on the weekend. :happy:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-26 9:43 AM
good job on the 800s! glad you're getting that "spring" : pbbt: in your step.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-26 3:59 PM
Nice workout! I had he dentist yesterday too.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-26 6:03 AM
Wednesday I was able to get in 45 minutes running. The weather was about 55° and cloudy, but there was a fine mist the whole time. I’m perversely enjoying running in light rain. Most of my runs lately have been rainy but enjoyable. Bunnies were out. :happy:
Today I hope to run outside on the trail again.  It’s colder again, but I have been bundling up.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-26 8:43 AM
I'm starting to expect rain these days. It is April, but I try to tune out those April showers vibes.: pbbt:

Stay warm.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-26 9:43 AM
I love running in light rain! Especially when it gets warmer.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-26 12:30 PM
Light rain in warm is like a little "cleanup" for us. :laugh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-26 3:57 PM
I love running in misty weather. Bunnies.:hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-26 9:43 AM
5 lovely miles this morning. Spring has sprung indeed and I'm loving it. I even did a "tempo" workout - 2 miles very easy, 2 miles at blistering 9:15 pace :laugh:, 1 mile cool down. Setting land speed records left and right, I am.

happy days to all!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-26 12:35 PM
Great work on the 5 miler. Spring is really great (although this is a cold Spring) and better since the sun came out. :laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-26 3:58 PM
It is beautiful out. When are you due?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-27 6:00 AM
October 11 is my EDD :happy:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-26 5:39 PM
Spring weather lifts my spirits too.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-26 10:19 AM
swim time is a good time to reflect on life.  After yesterday's work bad time, I came to two conclusions-- 1- I handled myself well with the content of what was being said and listening to it, responding and problem solving.  Emotionally, what got triggered for me is my impostor syndrome, as well as feeling blindsided that people who I thought were my peers would attack me like that. Good to have swims to help sort through it all (that and therapy, and a spouse to talk to)
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-26 12:34 PM
Exercise is a great activity to sort out stuff and think. Then it calms and helps us think better. Glad you have those helps and helpers as well.
Spouse is a best friend. :happy:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-26 5:58 PM
He's not a bad spouse. :hug: And  yes, all can be solved through exercise!! (ok, not ALL, but all)
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-26 3:56 PM
I read your post. That is awful that you were ganged up on.glad swimming, therapy, and DH helps.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-26 5:57 PM
Thanks. Yes it felt awful, and I'm still dreading seeing those colleagues again, but i'm sure I will and I'm sure I'll be professional. :roll:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-26 5:41 PM
I understand what you are feeling. Usually the harder people come at you, the more they are feeling defensive about their own shortcomings. That's been my experience professionally and personally.:hug:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-26 5:56 PM
Yeah, my therapist was great at helping me frame what could be going on with them that might cause that behavior. Not to excuse it, but to depersonalize it for me.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-26 3:54 PM
I keep trying to get back to the forum, but life is hectic. My running is coming along and I am up to 3 miles now. My back still sucks, but I've been able to run through it. Work has stressed me and finances. Running and knitting are lifesavers for me. Tomorrow we are headed to Disney because DD's BF is proposing there. It is costing a small fortune. BF's parents are going too and his sister. DS has to stay home and take care of the pets. DD has no idea and they left today for DIsney. I don't know etiquette, and not sure if we should treat for a dinner. DH started back to work yesterday after 4 months off due to injury, as well as not finding work right away. We need to get back on our our feet. Looking forward to the happy occasion tomorrow. My heart is happy thinking of how DD will react. I still need to pack, although my running stuff is already packed. Priorities.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-26 5:42 PM
I am so excited for you and DD.  Please check in and keep us posted. I have pretty much started running in the evening which fortunately leaves me more time to post in the morning. :laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-26 5:51 PM
Please feel welcome here no matter how hectic it gets. :hug: How exciting about DD! :laugh: Give yourselves time to get back on your feet especially with the finances. I'm glad for DH that he can get back to work. Running and knitting are great things to take away worry.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thrown into Thursday! Dailies