Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-24 6:55 AM
Tell all Tuesday!

Come on now, some of you have not posted in a while.  Tell us what you have been doing.

Where is Rob?  Is he ok?  Jane? Deb? Mark H?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-24 8:44 AM
and Dottie and Pam and Mike and Karen.

I miss your stories.  Heck, I miss all of you!

4 mile time trial tonight.  I am up in the air as Amy will be in town for a dental appointment.  If she is on task (never) she will stop in and visit before her appointment leaving me time to run with the club.  Life of a mom.  I wouldn't trade it.

Wishing all you Masters a sunny stress-free kind of wonderful day.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-24 1:43 PM
Pam here! I don't know if I've checked in here since my sister passed away, but that was a week ago. The funeral was held on Friday. Just so sad, but trying to honor her, by trying to take better care of myself. Does that make sense?? She was 16 when I was born and in a lot of ways she was like my second Mom.

Going out for a walk with my younger, faster friend-Lyniece in a little while.

That Mom gig is pretty sweet, huh? I'm pretty sure that's what has kept me going over the past year or so! Enjoy your 4 miles!

I've missed Y'all!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-24 9:48 AM
I've been doing some teaching.  We are getting close to winding down another school year.  Next week is the last week of instruction and then we start state testing.  After that it is babysitting for two weeks until the school year ends on May 25.

8 miles this morning.  I woke up around 3:00 and never drifted back to sleep.  I got up at 3:50, turned off my alarm that was set for 4:00.  I could use a nap.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-24 10:24 AM
I expect your student's attention span is getting thin.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-24 1:44 PM
8 miles is good-naps are good, also!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-24 11:51 AM
Tom checking in.  Don't know if a run will happen.  Just did my pizza delivery.  But we cancelled Duck In.  Too windy.  While it is not cold, nobody really wants to stop and chat in this wind.  Now it is off to the hospital and Aunt Shirley.  Meeting this evening.

Had breakfast at Perkins with one of my homeless buddies,  I was very discouraged, bummed.  He just wants to give up now.  He feels like he is not getting anywhere.  There are some big mountains to move.  Unfortunately, I only have a little hand shovel. 

Hey, because of the forum yesterday, I bought $4 worth of Powerball tickets on Take A Chance Day.

Tom in DE
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-24 1:46 PM
Your buddy is blessed to have you and your little hand shovel! I'm pretty sure you have moved some pretty significant mountains with that shovel! You are truly a good man. I will say an extra prayer for your friend tonight.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-24 4:02 PM
I woke up at 4:00, an hour before my alarm, so like kymoose, I'm tired now.

I went to the office today. I went early to avoid the traffic and that worked. I left early to come home but as i was leaving i was warned about multiple accidents between me and home. So i did something I've been thinking about trying for a while now. I went south and then cut west over the back roads. 57 twisting miles in 1:25. But zero traffic. It was sort of a fun trip. Would have been better without all the rain. I went through towns with names like Yawkey.  (Straight route on empty roads is 45 miles in 45 minutes.)

The original plan was for me to stop at the gym on the way home, but i changed my mind and came straight home for some TV and a Guinness Extra Stout.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-24 4:44 PM
Neat on that back road.  Try that sometime this summer.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-24 5:51 PM
i have a recipe for bread that requires a bottle of Guinness.  Do you have any left?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-25 2:16 PM
I've got 5 left. These beers are like meal replacement drinks so I only had 1.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018