Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday - "Weed Day" - 4/20
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-20 6:01 AM
I only learned in the past couple years that 4/20 was a significant day for pot smokers. I am slow to catch on I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-20 6:09 AM
I signed up for a local "Band on the Run 5k" tomorrow morning. It is here in town, and not at the same old place I run every day. It is actually run through the town. Money goes to the local high school band. Hopefully not for purchasing marijuana.

It looked like a cold, but beautiful clear morning so I took my camera went I went to the park. I thought maybe there might be a nice sunrise over the hills and reflecting off Lake William (aka "the pond"). But as I crested the hill towards the park, I could see a wall of fog below. So I ended up with a short 1.29 mile run in the fog. I didn't want to run much today so I have more in the tank tomorrow.

I brought some coffee along and sat at the park for a bit after the short run. But it was only 32 so my hands started getting cold and I didn't stay too long. At least the wind, rain, and sleet were gone.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-20 6:17 AM
I saw the photo on FB.  That's a good photo with the WV hills in the morning sun. Must be a baseball field down there too.  The 5K run is a good cause.  I should run in events like that to support worthwhile local causes.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-20 7:04 AM
I like taking in the scenery with a cup of coffee after a morning workout.  Sorry the weather didn't agree.  The photo is really great - a good start to the day.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-20 6:20 AM
I ran 6 miles this morning.  It was a clear sky.  Tomorrow I may get out in the early morning and try to run when the sun is coming up. 

Ryan is supposed to come home tomorrow to visit for the day.  I look forward to that.  We don't see him often.

Melissa's school next door is hosting some kind of obstacle course "race" as a fundraiser this afternoon.  I may walk out and see what's going on.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-20 7:05 AM
I've lost track; is this Ryan's senior or junior year at college?   Will he be home this summer?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-20 7:08 AM
My husband came home from work early yesterday; sick.  I guess breakfast didn't agree with either one of us.   Good news is I didn't have to fix supper!

I have a couple errands to run this morning.  One being my post op appointment.  At this point my bill for the kidney stone is $49,732.  I believe today's office visit will put me over the 50k point.  The state of healthcare in America.....

If the dog is willing I may try for a run this afternoon.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-20 1:19 PM
Hey,  So now you can get a shirt that says "I did the Kidney Stone 50k."   oh my.   I hope your doc gives you a ride in his new BMW.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-20 1:43 PM
I want that shirt!:laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-20 7:43 AM
When i was teaching I usually did a field trip to Washington, DC.  It often fell on 4/20.  I would remind my seniors that 420 was not a National Holiday.  But there would frequently be some interesting demonstrations on the mall in Washington that day.  Those were some great times.  I still get former students remembering that trip.

Yesterday was just incredibly jammed packed and I felt like I was banging my head against the wall too many times. 
                         :mutmad::cry::roll::shocker!::wtf::mutmad::cry::roll::shocker!:

Aunt Shirley fell at the nursing home Wed and was sent to hospital.  She was eventually admitted.  When I finally talked to nurses station it was like they had no clue about her even though she had been there all last week and discharged 4 days earlier.  Why is she on oxygen?  Who ordered it?  What hospital was she in?  Did she fall at home?.... on and on.  Yet they could not tell me anything about her current condition due to privacy.:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:   I was explaining all of this to Lynda on the phone and got so worked up I dropped a few F bombs.  :shocker!:

I eventually got to hospital and talked to Docs.   Shirley has internal bleeding, needed a transfusion and some amazing procedure that inserts a tube and "glue" to stop the bleeding.  Oh, I need to battle insurance who wants her discharged to home. :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

But that was all mild compared to dealing with Verizon.  They still have not fixed the old phone #!!!!  Their customer service is the worst in the world!!!!

One my homeless friends is in crisis and it's not an easy solution.  His brother has reached out to me for help.  I really wanted to help more, but just could not do him right. 

Our Hope Dining Room meatloaf was awesome, even though we were short some volunteers.

I need to pause, go take a deep breath, go for another cold windy run.  

Tom in DE

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-20 8:32 AM
Big deep breath Tom.:hug:

Are you Aunt Shirley's healthcare power of attorney?  It should make things easier if you are.

I remember the discharge frustrations from my mom's hospital admission.  It seemed as if they gave me a whole 30 minutes to arrange skilled care before she could transition home.  And then when her skilled care time ran out I had less than a day to find a long term care facility.  After I got her settled there and went back to skilled care to retrieve her things, they were conveniently in a garbage bag for me outside the front door of the building.:mutmad:  Probably a good thing I didn't have to go inside and blow a gasket with an administrator.

We have been battling Verizon this week too.  In the end, Lee found a phone number to their corporate headquarters and got help that way rather than through customer service.  Look on line for that, worth a try anyway.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-20 8:41 AM
We are working on guardianship.  I may be in the nursing home by the time all of this is settled.  Too complicated to type it all out.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-20 8:37 AM
Run Dun.   I felt like resistance training...Jacket slightly unzipped wind blowing into it, inflating like pulling a parachute.  Hopefully I can put the gloves away now.

Today Lynda's Mom celebrates #95.  Small birthday party for her.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-20 9:29 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: my co-worker were talking about this yesterday. He likes to celebrate and not just on 4/20 :shocker!:

My hip is still bothersome. My neighbor was coming back from a walk and was saying to watch the headwind they are cold! When I turned the corner. Wow!!! I walked to a trail I wanted to check out. Then ran the trail. It does what I was hoping it would. Amazing wetlands. The birds were so amazing singing and flying all over. There is a bridge that goes over the water as a viewing point but the small one leading out to it was under water. Still beautiful from the trail. I met a black lab on the trail who was oh so friendly and sweet. The owner kept apologizing for him running up to me. I could tell he was friendly he was so excited. I told her its the people with the aggressive dogs that bother me. Good trail but still has a lot of roots. Still cold!!

Yesterday in yoga class it was snowing and my teacher says "why is snow so beautiful in December, but not April?"

Have a great day masters!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-20 10:03 AM
You should have taken your camera along today.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-20 1:19 PM
I know, but I carrying stuff when I run. I was thinking that is was so beautiful there.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-20 1:23 PM
That trail sounds awesome, maybe in June.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-20 11:57 AM
A major event in S.F.

And, Cannabis, CBD/CBN, 1:1, and P5 are good sleep aids, NONE of those I mention get you HIGH!!!

Have a good Friday and weekend!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-20 1:25 PM
Would medical weed help my nerves?   I may have to ask my doc.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-20 2:32 PM
Medical Cannabis can!   CBD works!  Plus a couple of others will help, just check with your primary care doctor.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday - "Weed Day" - 4/20