Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 19 Apr 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-19 6:08 AM
No fancy topic, just wanted to start us out.

Post away...
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-19 6:43 AM
Good morning!   We were up at 5am to head to a Health Stat screening.  Fasting blood work, BMI, blood pressure, stuff like that for reduced insurance rates through my husband's employer.

Not only did we have the wrong day, we had the wrong month!  Standing there shaking my head in disbelief that our appointment is May 19.   So I made Lee take me out for breakfast.

And now I feel miserable because I'm not used to a heavy breakfast before the sun is even up.  Potentially, today is the last day of winter and we can begin to expect normal temps in the mid 60's.  And I can find something else about which to complain.:wink:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:27 AM
Oh Dawn...an early start for nothing.  Glad you at least got breakfast out of it.  Now remember May 19th is a Saturday.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-19 8:24 AM
Word of the day: Weird.

I had 3 stressful software installs yesterday, plus that effort to get to the office that failed after an hour of trying to get around a multi-car accident. The installs affected my sleep last night and then a night or two leading up to them. So I sit here today feeling weird (detached from reality) and wishing people would stop sending me email questions.

Also, a kind of weird but enjoyable run this morning. 5.15 miles, 43°, windy, with some major sustained gusts that would come out of nowhere accompanied with rain and even some sleet. Needless to say, I had the whole park to myself except for some city workers driving around picking up the trash can lids that were blowing around.

It's trash day so lots of trash blown over in the condos and the neighborhood. Not mine though. I bought a sturdy, heavy, trashcan that would need at least 50mph to blow it over. I don't why people waste their money on those flimsy things that blow around multiple times per year.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:28 AM
Weird indeed!
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-19 8:47 AM
Oncearunner, your opening was very, very good. :happy:    Don't fret over it! :wink:

4ish miles PW today.   Have a good day everyone (including MASTERS).

:wink::laugh::grin::cool:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:28 AM
Aw...thanks.  I wanted to come up with something clever, but just couldn't.  Too many deaths the last couple of days and my heart goes out to the family of the SWA victim.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-19 12:08 PM
SWA is our generally only plane we use when we fly, we're planning on a SWA flight next month, hmmm should we change?   Probably not!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:31 AM
Did my video workout this morning.  Went to the retreat center and left some of my stuff and helped set up.  Glad I had planned to come home and then return as I left my clothes in my closet!

Any how, I will be out till Sunday.   Dottie, I hope I can get my 10k steps everyday, but I really think it shouldn't be a problem.  I am up from 5:30 am till 10:00 pm or so.

Enjoy the next couple of days.  I have the forum in my prayer intentions.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:55 AM
enjoy your time away.:hug:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-19 1:17 PM
We had a nice grade level ceremony at school today.  Each grade level (4-6) received medals according to how they performed on last year's state testing.  Parents, grandparents filled the bleachers for each grade level.  We call it the "Red Carpet Ceremony."  Tonight at 6:00, last year's sixth graders will be here to receive their medals. 

I ran 8 this morning. 

I wasn't able to post yesterday.  Ryan turned 21 yesterday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-19 1:34 PM
What a great post Mike!
Happy Birthday to Ryan:cool::cool:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 19 Apr 2018