Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Snowing Thursday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-04-19 5:33 AM
Sloppy snow this morning.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-19 5:34 AM
Wednesday I suited up for cold and went down to the park. The entrance to the trail was flooded over so I ran in the park (the part that wasn’t flooded). We’ve had loads of rain. I wish we could send it out west. I know that CO needs it out where DS lives. If I really want to do the trail, I can drive to another of the entrances to it.
Today I will do a workout inside. The wind howled all night.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-19 5:40 AM
I hope your trail recovers. I know our trail was under feet of water last year (it's near a river) and had to be closed. It's fine now, but like an injury it takes longer to recover if people run on it when it's not ready.

I hope you can find safe interesting place to run. I am sick of cold weather.:meh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-19 4:45 PM
Thanks :hug: Our trail is asphalt but near the river. There was an unusual amount of rain so things flooded that don't usually do that. We really can't easily use it in winter if there is much snow. It's really irregular and very icy there. We can still use the park because it is scraped.
I am so sick of the cold as well! :meh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-19 5:46 AM
No snow but weather is still pretty chilly.

I went to the Wednesday night group run. I kept the pace slow and added an extra mile or so by detouring to check out a dog park.  I follow a missing pets website and there has been one tiny Yorkshire terrier missing for over a month. One of the places she was seen was at the dog park. I kept an eye out, but most of the dogs are found within a few days and this area has a lot of undeveloped wooded areas so she could have wandered off far from anyplace where she would be seen.

Maybe I will run today, but I need to fit in one more weights session this week so I may just get up early and do that tomorrow and use today as a rest day.  Still recovering.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-19 8:02 PM
Allow time for recovery. It's really helpful. :happy:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-04-19 6:51 AM
I've run 4 days in a row today is a rest day. I did a track session for the first time in like forever yesterday with a friend, it was nice to mix it up. I will go tomorrow with my group and then Saturday I have a 5K but since G is with me it will end up being a run/walk so no pressure.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-19 9:47 AM
Is this a running group or a different kind of group?
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-19 7:34 AM
UGH.  Dead.  Tired.

Trainer day.  Arms and back.  I had to bail on the dead lifts on the third set.  I've never done that before but I just couldn't lift it anymore.  So very thankful for a trainer who doesn't let me quit.  He reduced that set from 15 to 10, and then didn't let me give up on that or anything else he asked me to do.  It's been two hours and I still feel like lifting my arms takes effort.  Frustrating but hard workout.  Will do cardio tonight while DS1 has baseball practice.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-19 9:48 AM
Weight training and running can be tough to balance. I know most (weight)  trainers discourage this, but I found it easier if I ran before doing weights.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:51 AM
Same - always lifted after running. When I used to lift :laugh:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-19 6:39 PM
Yeah, me too.  This is all about timing and getting things in when I can.  Cardio during baseball helps save time in the morning, which gets me to work earlier which allows me to leave on time to get kid to baseball.  I'm sure things will change when he's older.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-19 11:06 AM
Swim. Felt good. That is all.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-19 11:50 AM
5 miles and some planking and squats. I have run for 4 days straight! Day off tomorrow.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Snowing Thursday dailies