Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Well what do you know it's Wednesday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-18 5:28 AM
It's been a busy week.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-18 5:47 AM Edited 2018-04-18 5:49 AM
I didn't really have much time to watch the Boston Marathon due to the fact I was working, but have enjoyed reading about the stories.  Desi Linden has been a favorite of mine since reading an article in RW a few years ago.  I always liked how she had so much determination and how she sought out the Hansons Brooks project which is a little off the beaten path. I had a friend who was a major devotee of Hansons training and I told her that's what Desi is training under and she was not sure who I was referring too. I thought the story about the 2nd place runner who was a nurse and complete surprise to place was great too.  The man who won was inspiring also.

Yesterday I went to the gym and did weights after work. I had been craving watermelon and feta cheese after seeing an article in Runner's World on recovery food pairings,  so I made myself a salad with: watermelon, a few grapes and feta cheese. They also had spinach and eggs paired so I made 2 scrambled eggs and put some spinach in it. I rounded it out with 2 slices of SaraLee light toast. This is pretty healthy for me, but I'm like "what can it hurt?" It was pretty good and little more interesting than the food I eat every day and can barely remember.  I am sure the watermelon will taste even better once it's in season.

Tonight hope to run and easy 4 with the Wednesday night group.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-18 6:57 AM
I wonder if the women outnumbered the men this year at Boston Marathon.
The recovery menu sounds really good! I'm going to try it. Feta cheese is a yum. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-18 6:58 AM
Tuesday I did a 30 minute cardio dvd workout since it was snowing like crazy. I also did some yoga and meditation exercises.
Today Snow is gone but it is freezing. Ick! I’m not sure but I may try to go to run out the trail. We have had gloomy cloudy weather all winter. I am so over it!
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-18 8:21 AM
I'd be more inclined to do some more DVDs by the fireplace (or the space heater). This cold can't go on much longer.:sad:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-18 8:36 AM
I ran 6 this morning, including a mile or so on a trail through a park. :happy:  I'm still down at A's, so a nice break from my normal routes.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-18 9:28 AM
How's A doing?  How's your mental health helping her?
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-18 10:13 AM
A is doing better than I expected.  I'm doing ok.  Hanging out at a doctor's office at the moment.  I've mostly been hanging out and not doing much.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-18 12:36 PM
Not doing much can be exhausting!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-18 12:25 PM
Best wishes with your work with A and hope she gets much better soon.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-18 9:29 AM
Short TRX workout this morning. I want to do more weight lifting, so that I'm stronger for synchro, so this was a way to do it.  It was pitiful how not strong my core is-- I tried to do the abs things with my feet in the trx and it was HARD!!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-18 10:10 AM
What is TRX?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-18 11:44 AM
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-18 4:19 PM
Interesting!  I haven't been to a gym in years, so I don't know much about anything fancier than a pair of running shoes. : pbbt:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-19 12:00 AM
Very busy week indeed.

9 miles yesterday morning, I had a client meeting so went there straight from home -- took advantage of not having to leave so early.

3.2 this morning.

I'm at the airport. Another flying visit to a client.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-19 5:36 AM
I love it when life presents opportunities to squeeze in a longer run.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Well what do you know it's Wednesday (Dailies)