Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Take it away, it's Tuesday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-17 5:49 AM
Let's not keep this waiting
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-17 5:53 AM
I rested yesterday after realizing that I was really in no shape to work out. Still tired and lethargic after my 1/2. I decided since DH is tied up tonight I will go and do weights tonight and wait until tomorrow night to run.

Trying to focus on eating more nutritious food. This doesn't mean a diet revamp, but working in some lean protein and a few more fruits and vegetables in hopes I can get my zing back in time for the 4 miles race I have in 2 weeks.

Rest and recovery is a thing. I just need to keep repeating that.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-17 7:19 AM
Very good idea to rest after the half. We need to listen to our bodies and realize that rest is an important part of training.
I'm also working on my diet. It's easy to eat carbs but not so much for protein. :blush:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-17 10:12 AM
yes, you need rest! that half sounded rough. It's only been two days :hug:

I hear you on the eating more nutritious food. It's not easy all the time.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-17 7:17 AM
Monday I bundled up and dashed out the trail. I got in 45 minutes of running. Going out, the wind was at my back, but returning was a very cold trip. It even sleeted a little on me as I did my stretches. In the afternoon, DC and I did 3 hours of volunteer work at the library. I am always wiped out from that.
Today I plan some XT here at home. It’s snowing like crazy out there.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-17 10:12 AM
ugh, yesterday's weather - and today's! Poor you! Where is spring??
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-17 8:28 PM
If I had to come back into the wind and sleet, I might have kept on going.:laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-18 6:41 AM
I should have run backwards. :laugh:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-17 7:51 AM
A workout was completed this morning.  I was still mostly asleep; I think we did legs.  Finished our taxes around 1am, but couldn't get to sleep.  i think I finally feel asleep after 4am.  Alarm went off at 6:30.  Our taxes were so freaking complicated this year!  Rolled over a couple of 401Ks, hired a nanny, sold some investments with capital gains, etc.

Oh, and it was freaking 36* this morning, WTF?  It was in the 80s on Saturday.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-17 9:45 AM
this weather :meh::meh:

good job on the taxes and the workout!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-17 2:52 PM
Glad you were able to tackle the taxes. Maybe you can try to get some sleep? Hope so. :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-17 8:29 PM
Ill bet you sleep great tonight. You must be dead tired.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-17 9:45 AM
4.1 miles and some planking. Trying to do a little core stuff while my belly still lets me. Ha! I guess planks should still be ok as long as there is no twisting.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-17 2:53 PM
Great work on the 4.1 miler. You can afford to go very easy on core stuff right now.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-17 8:30 PM
I would think planks would be extra hard right now.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-17 11:05 AM
Swam this morning. Was running a little late, because I'd set the yogurt maker up overnight, and had to put the yogurt into containers in the fridge before leaving. This batch looks amazing!! Did a 500 warmup then a lot of synchro drills. The pool isn't deep enough for me to do a lot of the inversions, but I can do some of them, so I practiced what I could.

I've got almost no motivation today, but am going to try to get some work done.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-17 2:55 PM
What goes into the yogurts that you make? Are they thick? Greek yogurt tastes like thick vinegar to me.
Great workout and synchro for you! Nice that you have a friend to do them as well.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-17 8:32 PM
I don't like plain Greek yogurt, but the flavored "less healthy" kind tastes pretty good and fills me up. I admire people who make their own.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Take it away, it's Tuesday (Dailies)