Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Are On Duty
- - By judyruns Date 2018-04-16 6:24 AM
We had tornado warnings last evening so Spring is here even though it's barely 40°F. : pbbt:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-16 6:38 AM
Tornado sirens went off last evening. There was no thunder, lightning or hail, just a lot of rain. Our official weather service had spotted 3 vortices so they ran the alarm. Fortunately everything was ok.
I’m a Ham Radio operator and am in Skywarn (volunteer weather watch group) during weather emergencies so I went to a safe place and monitored weather changes. I have a little portable radio and a good friend made a big antenna for me to use during good weather.

Friday I ran 45 minutes on the TM at the college. Later I had a good yoga class. I went into class with a terrible headache. After working with only 3 poses the headache just disappeared. I was really tired when I got home.
Saturday was SDO
Sunday I found Sunday Buddy! This was our first meeting this Spring. We have met every Spring since the first time (at a drinking fountain) in 1996. We did 60 minutes. Ospreys are very active in the nest. They might have chicks already. I’m not sure.
Today I might dash outside even though it’s colder. It is supposed to snow later.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:13 AM
aw, Sunday Buddy! How great to see him!

We had a ton of rain too, and some thunder and lightning.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-16 4:47 PM
Sunday Buddy is 80 years old and you would not know it to look at him. All those years of running have helped him a lot.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:10 AM
Glad you didn't have any trouble with the tornadoes!

Welcome back to Sunday Buddy! :happy:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:01 PM
Glad you found Sunday Buddy for the 23rd year!

Does yoga often make your headaches go away?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-17 7:14 AM
Last year I asked Sunday Buddy if he wanted to keep driving over here to do this and he said, "Yep! It's Tradition and you don't mess with Tradition". :laugh:
Yes, yoga does that for me. I think it is a stress reliever: redirecting the brain, deep breathing, blood flowing and relaxation.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:12 AM
was pouring pouring rain this morning and last night! flooding etc. And it was chilly, yuck. There was a break in the rain around 8:30 so I ran 5 (slow, of course) miles. Tons of reading to get done today. blaaaahhh! such is the PhD life.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:11 AM
I'm glad you were able to take advantage of a break in the rain.  Cold and raining is not fun weather for running!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:15 AM
I ran 7 this morning.  It's cool and windy here, which makes for not-unpleasant running weather.  I am down at A's house and she seems to be doing ok.  The one nice thing about being here is the sidewalks!

I made a yummy supper last night based on https://www.rabbitandwolves.com/vegan-cajun-tofu-with-creamy-grits-and-greens/  Cajun tofu and sauteed kale, but I served it over polenta made with a splash of coconut milk.  Yum!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-16 11:53 AM
wow, that meal sounds great! I think I shall try it. Probably could use spinach instead of kale, yes? (I have a non-kale lover here :roll:)

glad you had a pleasant run!
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-16 12:31 PM
Yep, I've made it with spinach before.  Any kind of greens you like ought to work. :happy:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-16 10:24 AM
Weekend workouts (I wasn't online much this weekend)

Sat-- 30 min in Puget Sound. The tide was out and the water was crystal clear!! So beautiful.  We had an adventurous swim. First it was "international water dance day" and one of the swim gang is a friend of Arrested Development (which I've never seen) so she taught us all the chicken dance from there, and we did the most hilarious video dancing into the water!!  Then, there were three sea lions swimming with us.  And, for my first time ever, I saw a moon snail.  They are so cool.  Then, one of the guys decided he wanted to pick up a crab.  So there was major first aid done after the swim. :shocker!:

Sun- 2 hour synchro workout.  So much fun.  I'm getting better at the inversions and my teammate and I are a good team and are really pretty synchronized!!  I'm having so much fun with it! I like that I get stronger and better each week.

Sunday afternoon I went to see the musical "Ride the Cyclone" at a local theater. It was great.  Then MCF and I went to see The Shape of Water, which I found boring.  Oh well.:roll:
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:03 PM
Overslept and did not get a run this morning, then had a meeting through lunchtime. So no run. I did get a walk to the Little Tokyo supermarket after the meeting ended.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Are On Duty