Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Boston Monday!
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:20 AM
Post 'em:grin:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:24 AM
Best of luck to all the runners in Boston today.

What are the rest of you up to?

It has been snowing here for the better part of 24 hours.  Crazy stuff.   I keep a perpetual to do list on line and today's suggestions are mow the yard, trim the hedge, wash and wax the car.  Tomorrow could be fertilize the rose bushes and thin the day lilies.    Of course, only after I shovel snow.:shocker!:   Oh well, I don't much like Spring anyway so going from winter directly to Summer is a pretty good option.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:50 AM
I guess I shouldn't complain about the cold here, huh??
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-16 3:06 PM
Girl, it will be busy this week!  But it's all good.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:21 AM
Boston TV coverage starts in 10 minutes.  It'll make good background noise during work today. As much as I love running, TV coverage of a marathon is not the most exciting spectator sport.  (I do enjoy going to cross country meets though.) 

4 miles this morning.  43, windy & rainy. Weather guy said the rain was past our area so I was surprised to see it start hitting the windshield on the way to the park. It wasn't too hard and it didn't last the whole run.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 7:22 AM
I couldn't find NBC sports on the TV but I figured out how to watch it on my laptop.  Background noise for sure.

Are you streaking?  I can't remember you posting a rest day lately.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-16 7:30 AM
8 mornings in a row, but it's more of a temporary exercise addiction rather than a purposeful streak. I feel like I have to run or the day is ruined. I'm sure it won't last too long.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:19 AM
You are on a roll, brother.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:18 AM
What an ugly day for Boston. :cry:  It has to be challenging standing out in the cold blowing rain waiting to start and especially challenging working at the aid stations or spectating.   At least runners keep moving.  Hopefully no thunderstorms. 

King Buddy was laying on top of me in bed.  Lightning and a big rumble of thunder during the night.  He quickly dug  his claws into me:mutmad: and sprang off to go hiding.   

Debating the run.  Last week I felt so incredibly good.  Saturday I ran to my blood test and back and it felt really good.  I went to the peace march in town, (it was fantastic).  Came home and had lunch on the picnic table with table on a spectacular day.  I crashed in a lawn chair watching birds.  Never recovered and moved half speed the rest of the weekend, with feet killing me.  What is the blasted trigger?????:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

They moved my Aunt Shirley to a nursing home on Saturday night.  She is just about right across the hall from Lynda's mom.  Lynda wheeled her mom over to see Shirley.  Shirley is completely immobile now.  So weak.  I don't know if she will regain strength or not.  That is why she is there. They called during the night to say that Shirley fell out of bed and would be carefully observed.   We brought her live in care giver home from the hospital Friday.  Her surgery was a bit rugged as she did not stay asleep.  She was awake but sedated through most of it.:shocker!:   Even a bigger challenge...Verzion and Comcast have still not got the phone number right!!!!:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

Make it a great day.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:40 AM
This stuff is overwhelming Tom. :sad:  It amazes me that someone so weak can fall out of bed but I know it happens.  Keeping you all in my prayer book.:hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:52 AM
Tom-you and your family are in my prayers.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-16 11:42 AM
Cindy's mother has changed so much, so fast it is hard to believe. They are getting on the waiting list for the assisted living place that is next to our condos (which is where Cindy's grandmother lived for a while).  Cindy's dad visibly is aging from the work of taking care of her.  Cindy is getting worn out too as she goes over to help out just about every day to give her dad a break. They get a person to come in to help a couple days a week too.  Cindy's mother doesn't want me to help so I feel kind of useless.  A lot of what she needs is help getting to the bathroom and I can see why she doesn't want me to do that but I am probably the only person (of the 3 of us) who has the strength to do without it being a struggle.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 3:56 PM
Ditto on bathroom.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:52 AM
My power walk is done and soon we will head to the surgery center to have Jerry's right eye done.  This one should go smoother than the other one as they are just removing the cataracts.  No astigmatism issues.

I did hear that the weather would be nasty for the Boston marathon.  Was Rob running it?

Tom, keeping you and your loved ones in my prayers.

See you guys later!l
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:59 AM
Good luck to Jerry.  I hope the doc is running on schedule.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:02 AM
Prayers for you too.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:58 AM
They are running in ankle deep puddles:cry:  And the camera man nearly followed Shalane Flannagan into the porta potty.  Is nothing private any more?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:05 AM
Hey Dawn,  Is this your day with stent removal?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:47 AM
Yes, I took 3 doses of pain relievers and removed it with no problem.  Then I Tweeted "Mission Accomplished".:laugh:

I wish I hadn't worried so much about it.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:55 AM
Not sure I could have done that myself. I was so happy that Ray took care of my drainage bulbs after my mastectomy because it made me gag to even try!:roll: I can handle pain, but not "icky" stuff!! LOL!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-16 9:49 AM
Good Morning!

Busy weekend here, so I didn't get around to posting. I did get in a couple of miles (walking) with Ray on Saturday. The weather was beautiful, and now it is FREEZING! I'm hoping that when the winds die down some it will be okay for a walk/run.

Thinking about the Boston runners this morning. When I think back to my day in Boston-five years ago, it still seems so surreal. I was telling Conor and Ray yesterday that it is so odd the things that really stand out from the memories of that day-the face of my friend from Camp who was in charge of our cheer zone tent when he got the phone call from the finish line. The odd feeling of seeing the runners still headed for the finish line when we knew that the police would be stopping them a few blocks from our cheer zone to tell them their marathon was over. Sitting in the bar of our hotel afterward and not wanting to go to our room because we just needed to be there surrounded by the other people who were obviously in as much shock as we were.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 10:04 AM
I can't imagine the emotion of being there that day.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 12:38 PM
Pam,  Thanks for sharing your Boston memories.:cry::hug:   I can imagine the desire to be with each other.  You certainly have experienced a lot in the past 5 years.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-16 3:05 PM
Hi Pam!

We are having crazy weather also.  I keep hoping that our summer will be a cool one, but I doubt it.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-16 11:35 AM
I just walked over to the clubhouse to check the mail and it was snowing & windy!

To make matters worse, the mail wasn't there yet so I'll have to walk over there again. : pbbt:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 12:42 PM
Mail called off on account of snow.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-16 3:04 PM
Our mail person comes around 5:30 or 6:00.   And usually it's just junk.  We rarely get mail that is worth opening.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-16 12:34 PM
I haven't had an opportunity to tune into the Boston Marathon.  I'll check out the coverage later.

We are back in school today after our district and many other districts throughout the state were out Friday to rally at the state capital in protest of the legislator's budget decisions affecting education.  Melissa or I did not go but heard of there being 10,000 people there.  I would not have enjoyed that.  There's a lot of name calling and angry comments from educators being posted on social media toward our state government.  I keep telling Melissa to stop that stuff.: pbbt:

It was snowing a little when I ran my typical 8 miles this morning.  At one point today the snow was falling heavy, but not sticking.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-16 12:41 PM
I think you need a snow day. 

I remember following your Boston run.  It seems like just yesterday that I would follow in between classes.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-16 1:06 PM
I talked to my mom last night and she reminded me of my last Boston Marathon in 2007.  She went with me that year.  She loved it!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-16 3:02 PM
What a neat experience to share with your Mom!  How many Boston Marathons have you done?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-16 3:02 PM
We are home!   The surgical center was running slow as they only had one technician; the other one was ill.  But it is done.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:14 PM
rest well.  Both of you.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Boston Monday!