Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mama needs a nap Monday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 4:43 AM
:blush:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:33 AM
~Mama ain't the only one

~Saturday wake up at 2:30a, drove to Lawrence, timed a 5K, drove home, did results, pics and video and went to bed.

~Sunday wake up at 3a and timed a 5K and 5mile race.

~Both days colder than eff. Snowed yesterday while setting up with wind chill in the teens

~Still sicker than shit but I guess that's what happens when you are outside all weekend with temps in the 20s and wind chills in the teens

~Dreamt about mufflers all night. Woke up exhausted.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:38 AM
Can you take a nap today? Day off??? Y'all are working so much! Which is great, but ya need a break!:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-16 5:50 AM
Negative. Early practice with our soccer player before regular practice.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-16 7:23 AM
Just make them go run stadiums for an hour and take a nap :mischief:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 6:35 AM
How did the races go?

LOL on the joke
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:42 AM
They went OK.
SOOO cold for both of them.
Had a few equipment hiccups Saturday but nothing catastrophic. Still got everyone timed and all results and photos and video uploaded.
Yesterday everything went very smoothly but only had 12 runners show up the weather was so shitty.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 6:54 AM
only 12 ? WOW. How many were pre-registered?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:57 AM
Not many at all. Only about 30
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:58 AM
Iowa and I were one of those runners that showed up to race on Sunday. Just not at your race. Similar weather conditions though. :meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 6:40 AM
B woke me up about 11:45pm crying, went in and rocked him and held him for probably 40 min, he did not want to be put down. He seems to do this every few weeks now. Guessing either teeth or bad dreams. Either way I'm exhausted

Had a combo of freezing rain/snow/ice driving in this morning. It was light and not sticking thus far but still

At least it happened today and not tomorrow when I have a 2 hour drive for a work presentation in an area with constant construction.

Heard about all of the snow in MN and WI this weekend and it made me glad I didn't pursue the job opportunity back in my mid 20s in La Crosse, WI. My job (and all of the others in my building) got transferred there and I could have moved there but was like nope, yall have too much snow. Good decision :laugh:

didnt even bother trying to look nice today. Though sadly I tried on a pair of jeans that have been tight but figured I could hide it under a hoodie. They didn't even button/zip now :cry::cry:

In laws are coming to town in a week. The guest room closet is a disaster as it is where I keep B's old clothes he's outgrown + diaper stockpile. Guess those need to go hide somewhere else for a week :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:43 AM
weather is so crappy everywhere. Welcome to Monday, January 106th.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-16 7:17 AM
Maybe your mother in law will organize the guest room for you. :wink::blush:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 7:39 AM
:laugh: about the only help I've ever gotten from them is cooking some meals when he was first born. I'm hoping maybe I can convince them to watch him for an hour or two but I won't hold my breath
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-16 7:16 AM
--Three out of my five appointments today are people redeeming gift certificates. :meh: One is for a lady who received an hour massage 3 years ago. She wanted to split it up in to two 30 minute sessions. I’ll do that but it’s $15 more. I always wait to charge the $15 when they come in the second time just in the event that they never use the other half. She used the first half a couple years ago. Well, after the thing has been expired for nearly 2 years she is coming in today to utilize the other half. :roll: People.

--Regarding gift certificates, I will have no more than 8 remaining to redeem once I start the new job. That’s not too bad considering that number stood at about 35 back in February.

--CPA finally got an amendment done on our taxes. We do owe but it’s nearly exactly what I had figured so it’s all good. Going to be nice to get that out of the way and not worry about it anymore.

--Iowa built a really nice gate. I recently ordered a sign from Vistaprint that indicates that this is not a legal electric district entrance and that violators will be prosecuted. In other words, a nice way of saying “Stay the f*** off of our property unless you want to get shot”. :evil:

--We planted the butterfly bushes under the Martin house. :happy:

--My mom texted me last night telling me that she thinks she has the tractor sold and then said that the guy is going to go to the bank today and talk to his wife. I’m like, don’t count your chickens before they hatch. The bank and a wife are two big obstacles. :laugh: I do hope she has it sold.

--Ended up having another sensor, in addition to the oxygen sensor that was bad. So, between replacing both of those and the bracket, pulley, cover thing on the A/C I spent $1100 on my car. :cry: While it’s a chunk I really can’t complain. It’s equivalent to a couple of car payments and if it helps me get another 3-4 years out of my car then it’s worth every penny.

--My experience with the dealership in Joplin was very positive. I would use them again. When it comes time to buy a car they will get first opportunity. A million times better than Springfield.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 7:41 AM
wait, she is using her gift card that was split into 2 30 min sessions 3 years apart??? That's insane.

I thought you were getting a refund, not owing on taxes? Or is this from the previous filing?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-16 8:30 AM
Yep, exactly on the gift certificate. And this woman is one of the wealthiest people in town and I can 100% assure you I won’t get a $1 tip out of the deal. You wonder why I am done with this? :roll:

We are getting a refund this year but we had an amendment to do from Iowa’s 2014 taxes when he went thru the divorce and then he had a fire at his farm. He had to reinvest the money from the insurance settlement and he was allowed two years to do so, hence the delay and the amendment.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-16 8:39 AM
will she pay the $15?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-16 10:07 AM
Yes, because I will ask for it.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mama needs a nap Monday RTTs