Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Thread
- - By swandive Date 2018-04-14 3:12 PM
RR (and NRR?)
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-14 3:23 PM
After a good long run last weekend, this weekend sucked.  Last weekend I ran 19 and felt like I could've run farther.  Today I ran 14 and would've been happy to quit after about 6. :laugh:  It's warm and humid and my legs felt tired.  Blah.  I'm not happy with this whole springtime warming, though I will admit there are a lot of pretty azaleas.

On the NRR front, I'm heading down to A's house tomorrow and staying until Wednesday. :meh:  I don't want to do it. {stamps foot}  Mom has been down there since Tuesday night, though, and she needs a break.  A had surgery on Wednesday and I spent the night at the hospital with her on Wednesday night, then she was discharged late on Thursday.  She's in pain and needs someone there.  I do not do well with being the person who is there. {sigh}  I am not patient or nurturing and tend to make mental lists of the stuff I'm not getting done while I hang out and help her with meds and whatever.  I know there's not a good solution, but I need to vent.  And I may need you people to help keep me sane. :blush:
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-04-14 7:05 PM
What a sucky situation. I'm not great at that stuff either so very much sympathize. Any good books you want to read you can take with?
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-15 9:09 AM
I'm currently reading a book about the Polish resistance in Nazi-occupied Warsaw.  You know, a bit of light reading. :laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-14 9:16 PM
I do feel your pain. Hanging out at someone else's house = things not getting done at my house.

Can you bring books or portable projects?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-15 7:04 AM
Sorry you have all this going on. Agree, can you find a book, small project or something to bring with you to do?
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-15 6:44 AM
NRR O had dance competition all day yesterday. She got a 4th place for her solo and 3rd, 4th, 5th for her group dances :grin: We have been under a blizzard warning since Saturday afternoon so the drive home took twice as long, everything is getting cancelled around here, wind is blowing the snow around. Can't even tall how much we got since it is drifting, but I Have heard anywhere from 10-17" as of last night. I need spring! I guess this means we are stuck at home cleaning.
RR 6 mile sucky TM run very early yesterday morning. 16 planned for today which will once again likely be on the TM or in snowshoes! Waist high snowdrifts and more is falling :cry:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-15 9:11 AM
Congrats to O!

:cry: on the snow.  I like snow and all, but I know you are sick of it by mid April!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-04-15 5:18 PM
no RR due to NRR

NRR - spent Saturday all day at Sea World with Gavin and 2 buddies. We had been gifted 4 tickets last year to go with our family but Evan passed before we could go and they were going to expire. So drove over yesterday and we did the full day. They had a great time and got on as well as I've every seen any group of kids. It made me so sad to not do it with Evan but this was as about as good an alternative as we could get.

So...legs were too tired to run this morning but I did get in a pump session and G walked on the TM unsupervised while I did class then we lifted weights together (it was fine since he isn't doing a whole lot yet). I was gonna go to yoga but took a nap instead.

I had my first real feeling of "I may be getting old" as I declined a second pass on one of the coasters. It made me a bit too dizzy and it wasn't the smoothest. Their coasters are pretty mild so it wasn't too bad riding them.

We have a 5K together this coming Saturday morning.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-15 7:00 PM
I'm glad Gavin and his buddies had a good time at Sea World. :hug:

Your post makes me realize I haven't ridden a roller coaster since I was a teenager!  I liked them then, but have no clue how I'd fare now.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-16 6:21 AM
Seriously, another snow day! 2nd one since March, this is crazy. Luckily with my new job I have the ability to work from home but a snow day on April 16 :shocker!:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-14 9:19 PM
RR: ack with 4.5 today. Then all-day vestry retreat. I would have much rather done Leona Divide 50/50.

RN got to do Leona. She was signed up for the 50 miler, but in her description "I used all the wipies in my pack. I had wipies in my drop bag. I used all of those on the way back to Spunky Edison. I had no more wipes. I did not want to go out to San Francisquito and back with no wipies. So I dropped." She has a finish time for the 50K.

Hearing her story I was reminded of Zipper's tale of TMI Don -- the one who emerged from behind a tree exclaiming "wow, that tree's really going to grow well now!" Some runs just aren't meant to go well.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-04-15 7:01 PM
That does not sound like a pleasant race experience. :cry:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-15 9:40 PM
She was quite happy to have the opportunity to drop to the heavy 50K rather than do the 50 mile.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Thread