Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday the 13th
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:11 AM
Also National Scrabble day.

Also, change your password day.  I made that one up.    How long has it been since you've changed your password around here?  Probably time.

Have a great Friday.  We are headed for the 70's today, 40's and snow by Sunday.....
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:14 AM
I skimmed a post on L and O about security on this site.  It would be a good idea to change your password.

I think I may have played Scrabble once in my life.  Guess I'm more of a numbers person.

Hoping to be a bit more active today than yesterday.  On the other hand, I got a lot of reading done.....:roll:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:42 AM
Really? How is that possible. My daughter is a Scrabble addict, and very serious, so I have no idea how many times I've played it. I remember one time I beat her ooooh did she get mad :mutmad:!! She took my wine away (since I rarely drink it) she said it was the wine and challenged me to a rematch. Yes she is that serious!!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:46 AM
my cousin and I had a 3 month long Monopoly game going on once, but Scrabble - nope.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:35 AM
I have changed my password several times on this site, as I can't remember it when I log in from my phone. 

We are having cloudy skies today with a high of 70 degrees.  The weather forecasters are also calling for 2 inch sized hail in some areas.  I think west of San Antonio.  

Nothing much going on here.  My husband has his right eye cataract surgery on Monday.

Ok, I better get going. 

Have a good day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:40 AM
There is a one mile wind band of weather just to my north.  Everything below is 70 degrees, everything above is 40.  And everything in that one mile band better be tied down.  Strong winds, damaging hail, thunderstorms.  If it holds true we should have some nice warmth today.

The local weather people are in their element.  They have some new weather ap and if I hear them tell me to download it one more time I'm going to scream!

Good luck to Jerry on Monday.  I can't remember - is this his first or has he already had the other eye done?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:56 AM
I'm on a roll. 8 miles this morning before work. I'm working from home so that gives me more time to run.

I've never played Scrabble. No sense exposing my poor spelling skills.

We're in the 80s today and tomorrow and then snow on Monday.

Construction traffic was terrible on my trip home last night. I think I am going to work at home 100% of the time unless there is a meeting I would benefit from being at in person. Or maybe if I need a change of scenery. 99% of the people I work with aren't at the office anyway so there is almost no point of going in.  The work on I-64 is going to take to the end of the year.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:39 AM
Never played Scrabble? How is that possible?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:42 AM
8 miles!  Change your name to Mike.  Nice work this morning.

I hear you on that construction traffic.  The road between my house and Amy's is down to one lane until October......
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:58 AM
I meant to mention that a fox ran across the road about 20 feet in front of me during my run this morning. First time I've seen a fox at the park. Nice looking animal.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:20 AM
Nice run Moose.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:32 AM
So it is really a day for my girl. She loves Friday the 13th and Scrabble.

QOTD: I won't tell you how long it has been :blush::roll::blush: but ok. and when I can't log in it's all Dawn's fault :laugh::laugh::laugh: I went through and changed a lot of passwords a month ago and I still have to think...what did I change it to. :shocker!::blush:

It was .... wait for it!!! 50°!!!! the birds were singing, the trees look excited, and PEOPLE!!! I haven't seen people when I'm out in a long time. I changed it up a bit. it seems like I am getting slower. :sad: But :shrug: I'm out there again. Makes me SO happy!!! I forgot how hilly the neighborhood is that I ran through. My legs are a bit upset. Balancing poses yesterday and hills today...:mutmad:

Your forecast sounds like ours.

Have a great day masters (and even if your not)
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:44 AM
Deb, I've never changed my password on here.:shocker!:

People
- isn't it exciting?  Misha and I have trudged the park every day all winter long and just this week we are actually seeing other people!!  Amazing what a few warm degrees will do.

No hills for me but I'm anxious to get back to my yoga.  I've even got my husband doing it.  He has a frozen shoulder and at home yoga is so much more convenient than going to PT.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:56 AM
Yesterday we were doing a flow --> chair pose to tree pose to warrior III :shocker!: it was fun but :shocker!: so hard. I have a hard time with balancing poses and she knows it. How cruel is that? :blush::blush::cool::laugh: My tree is always blowing in the breeze. :laugh::laugh::laugh: I did find it easier to transition into warrior 3 that was though.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:32 AM
Silly girl, trees are supposed to blow in the breeze.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:44 AM
Gee I sign on (same old password forever)  and there were already 13 post.   I should go buy $13 of lottery tix.

A shorts and T shirt run.:cool::cool::cool:  Headed to 80 today.:cool::cool::cool:  Wed I did some "speed work".  Did that really generate a ton of endorphins?  I went to chiro.  Felt terrific .   I'm probably one of the few guys who is basically pain free there.  When I'm all finished I'm doing a little James Brown dance ,,,"I feel good".   They should hang me up as a poster child over there.  Anyway since i felt so good Wed I tried some more  speed work today.

It was in the 60s yesterday but extreme wind.  I cooked a couple steaks.  But I incinerated them.   The wind was so bad it was like a blow torch. :cry:  Made up for it with a stop at Creamery.  But Lynda was bummed.  Her favorite "Grandma's Gone Coconuts" has been retired.   It's been replaced by Pina Colada.

Grandson Josiah is living the dream.  He flew with his flight instructor and several other boys to a huge airshow in Florida.  Of course he got some stick time and has seen gobs of rare vintage planes.

Not a Scrabble Player.  Along that line I am terrible at Wheel of Fortune.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-13 1:35 PM
Facebook has messages from my Michigan friends: "Tomorrow's race has been canceled due to the winter storm"  :shocker!:

Boston isn't looking great for Monday's big race.  Wind & rain.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-13 2:07 PM
Help!  My Dell laptop keeps freezing. The waiting for cache wording comes on and just goes round and round. I’ve emptied the cache. This has been going on all week. Making me unhappy and frustrated!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-13 2:57 PM
a quick search tells me it might be a Chrome issue.   People are talking about a windows update that didn't install.  Then they say they manually install the update.   That's not much help but might get you somewhere.  I hope.

Windows update (KB4041691) had failed and seemed to be continually retrying.  This was driving the waiting for cache message as my system ground to a halt. 

Resolved by manually downloading and installing the update.   It took over an hour to download but my laptop now good as new. 
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:18 PM
Thanks Dawn. I’ll work on this tomorrow after my mini retreat.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:09 PM
Dell freezing up in Texas?:wtf:  Now we are talking some seriously screwed up weather.  Perhaps a blanket around it might help.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-04-13 8:18 PM
Today was kinda Spring-ish but we’re getting winter back again this weekend. :meh:  I put away my big coat and heavy duty boots and living in denial that it’s April 13 and not January 103rd :laugh:

April 22 I’m supposed to run a 10-miler. I fell off on my training so I’ll try and defer until next year. If I can’t defer I’ll pick up my l/s tee and wear it around the house. I could probably run 5-6 miles but not 10 and I don’t feel like walking the last half.

Clinicals are going well. Last class is May 8. I’m going to KY May 2 for Molly’s graduation from nursing school. Can’t wait to see her and everyone.

:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-14 6:29 AM
You could Gallowalk it where you run 30 seconds and walk 30 seconds.  Drives the people around you crazy but you would probably end up running 6 miles and walking 4.  It's a little hard on the shins but my half mary PR was earned with the 30/30 method.

Congrats to both you and Molly.  You both just keep knocking items off your to-do list.  How is sweet Maci?
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday the 13th